Follow

San Diego Comic-Con 2010

Concept » San Diego Comic-Con 2010 appears in 18 issues.

SDCC 2010 was held at the San Diego Convention Center from Wednesday July 21st to Sunday July 25th, 2010.

Pinchuk's Comic Con Chaos... in Conclusion

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

The Archaia All-Access panel. Thanks to TITANIUM RAIN's Kat Rocha for taking the photo!
     The Archaia All-Access panel. Thanks to TITANIUM RAIN's Kat Rocha for taking the photo!

Last week, I described my impending experience at Comic Con as being like wrestling an octopus. Two days after the dust has settled, and I’m still so exhausted, I just want to crawl into a cocoon for a month.  Though I'm covered in metaphoric squid ink, I'd say I managed to pin enough metaphoric tentacles down for the metaphoric 1-2-3 count for a SDCC experience that was exponentially better than last year's. And I had a great time last year!

The Comic Vine Community - - Above anything else, it was a true pleasure to see more of you Comic Vine maniacs in the flesh at our Sloppy Joeys meet-up or on the convention floor. Bruce Vain, MrRPM01, Sora_thekey, C_Striker, Count_Zero, Grifter78, Icarusflies and TheMess1428 - - you’re all what make these shows so fun to attend. And, of course, there were the usual suspects - - G-Man, Babs, InferiorEgo, Red Lamp, Riezner, HDJoey and AHR, as well as Norm from Tested and Matt Rorie from Screened. Having such a tall roster of Whiskey friends and colleagues at this show reminded me of just how lucky I was to run into Comic Vine at the Long Beach Comic Con last year. == TEASER ==

Archaia All-Access - - At last, this show marked the convention debut of the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover (available * WINK * for order on Amazon * WINK *) and I couldn’t think of a better booth to do it at than Archaia’s. Once again, they elevated the place into something more akin to a hip bookstore. Kudos to the whole staff and all the interns for erecting it all so deftly! I hosted one of Archaia’s panels at the show and I’ll tell you it was a rush to be speaking in front of some many people; to be video-taped and - - GASP! - - live blogged about! I honestly haven’t felt this kind of adrenaline since my MMA tournaments in college.  

UNIMAGINABLE at Arcana - - My next comic, UNIMAGINABLE, won’t be coming out until the very end of the year (it IS already listed on Amazon, though) so I only had some flyers to sign for people at Arcana’s booth. They’re sure to become huge collector’s items! A special thanks to the Comics on Comics crew for stopping by the booth and taping my spin on the book. And congratulations to them on another great, raucous panel with Jonathan London hosting.

Friends’ Success - - At last, I can say I’m friends with an Eisner Award winner! DJ “Kirkblade” Kirkbride is a stand-out guy and he deserves every metallic fiber in the "Best Anthology" award he won for POPGUN. Similarly, it was a pleasure to soak up in the glow my friends Dave Server and Jackson Irving were experiencing for their comic FREAKSHOW. The book got a write-up in no less than Variety last week for a big Hollywood deal with the THOR movie's screenwriter and the two were rightly celebrating. I'll also congratulate my friends at Comic Book Sunday for the absurd turn-out they got for their panel. They had a double-room and the place was absolutely packed

Somehow, I managed to get in to a few Hollywood parties. Maybe the best celebrity encounters were meeting Frank Miller, Powerman 5000 front man, Spyder One, and TNA wrestler, Samoa Joe.  And doing the Comic Vine t-shirt trivia challenge was an absolute hoot. I wish we could've done more, and then...

I honestly could go on forever. Understand that there’s absolutely no hyperbole in stating that Comic Con's an overwhelming experience. And I can't wait to do it all again next year.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS!  and UNIMAGINABLE. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheMess1428

Haha Tom, you have me listed under my twitter name with no link to my page. lol Thanks for the great advice though!

Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Elerigo

wish i was there

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

Having such a tall roster of Whiskey friends and colleagues at this show reminded me of just how lucky I was to run into Comic Vine at the Long Beach Comic Con last year.

Amen...
    It was very nice meeting you Tom... You really are as cool as you look... and I think I speak on behalf of everybody who went to the Con... we deserve rest!
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No_name_here
    @TheMess1428:  No problem. Name's been fixed!
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By No_name_here
    @sora_thekey:  Likewise. I still want to curl up into a cocoon for about a month.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TheMess1428
    @Tom Pinchuk: It's cool. I'm still grateful you even mentioned me.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Tom Pinchuk: A cocoon sounds like a great idea just about now! 
    I probably need to take a few days of work and read my Hybrid Bastards Trade... ;)
    SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By SpidermanWins

WANT TO BE THERE NOW!

Whoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Whoa

whay!?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By jordama

kinda sad i have never been to a convention :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.