Comic-Con: Day One

Posted by inferiorego (21094 posts) - - Show Bio
Technically, it's day two now, but by the time I actually got back to the hotel and wanted to write, I ended up falling asleep... Sorry. Anyways, Day One was filled with movie-related news, as all of Comic-Con seems to be. Lots of panels filled with celebrities patting themselves on the back for being great at acting, and Bruce Willis using the word "fun" roughly a billion times. Out of all the panels I witnessed with Screened staffer Rorie, my favorite had to have been the Mastermind panel. Downright hilarious stuff, and there's some huge twists in the film that I didn't know about.

It seemed as thought most of the films coming out were coming out in 3D, which seems incredibly dumb, since most of the films don't need it. One film that won't be in 3D, Expendables. That panel was just a bunch of men's men swearing up a storm and talking about beating each other up. I enjoyed it, except Sly Stallone never really shuts up. Oh well.

Surprise of the day: Going to the Scott Pilgrim screening. Only a few of us from the hall got to go to the film, which I didn't want to go to at first. (GMan was extremely jealous) I'll post a formal review when I get back to the sanctity of my own home. I will say this though, I enjoyed it... I won't get into too much depth... Maybe it's because Edgar Wright patted me on the back and said "hello" to me in the line, and I got starstruck for the first time in my life. Man, I love him as a director...

I did spend all day in Hall H and didn't get to see the actual con, which is fine, since I have some free time today, and the comic vine meet and greet. Another busy day ahead.
 Oh well... I've got work to do now... Things to stare at...
Staff
#1 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (564 posts) - - Show Bio

Megamind looks like hella fun. Looking forward to that one.
Keep the Con updates coming

#2 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds great.  Nice coverage guys

#3 Posted by Oversoulx1 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome  coverage guys

#4 Posted by inferiorego (21094 posts) - - Show Bio

....Sitting through a really boring Hawaii Five-O panel, just so I can get Walking Dead and Marvel Animation news....

Staff
#5 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

bet anything the twist in megamind is that Jonah Hill's character gets superpowers

#6 Posted by manofsteel42 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome!
#7 Posted by superboy14 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could be there!

#8 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to hear the Expendables won't be in 3D. I dislike 3D.

#9 Posted by antiterra (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be a few thousand miles away, but the coverage (and the videos in particular) mak San Diego feel much closer. Great job, and thanks!

#10 Posted by NightFang (9810 posts) - - Show Bio

Coverage Guys!

#11 Posted by sonic1435 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

nice coverage
#12 Posted by hero vs. villian (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Today was the Batman panel, it was sweet, I followed it on Newsarama.
#13 Posted by jstarzyk (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for NYCC....

#14 Posted by deadpoolmerc (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic-con keep sounding better and better.

#15 Posted by MI 6 (63 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was rich ....

#16 Posted by Soakle (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Great reporting guys - I'm living vicariously through you on the other side of the world!

#17 Posted by ferrarimanf355 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I was there...

#18 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish i could go there.

#19 Posted by Despero is the beginning (868 posts) - - Show Bio
:(
#20 Posted by Torminator (42 posts) - - Show Bio

One day maybee I'll get to go to SDCC...

#21 Posted by Wildish (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I wanted to go but i'm stuck here  in the uk, will there be one over here, if so where???

#22 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah comic con!

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Torminator said:
" One day maybee I'll get to go to SDCC... "
#24 Posted by The Impersonator (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Thanks for the coverage.
#25 Posted by PowerHerc (80657 posts) - - Show Bio

How bout this?
#26 Posted by Jayson (10 posts) - - Show Bio

good stuff!

#27 Posted by djames216 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he referring to the movie Megamind? Or is Mastermind something else I'm unaware of?

#28 Posted by TaylorEspo (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#29 Posted by VagrantSaint (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at SDCC :(

#30 Posted by ThePRez (275 posts) - - Show Bio

great job guys

#31 Posted by Zenistar (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool coverage.

#32 Posted by Bluecatcinema (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.