Comic-Con 2010: Avenger's cast press conference - Video

• 179 results
Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

You can hit up our sister site Screened for the full Avenger's movie cast list.  But first check out this video from Comic-Con's Hall H where the Avengers assemble.            

Thanks to Screened for snagging this!
Staff
#1 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

no Ant-Man or Wasp?
DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE

#2 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:  stfu. Anymore Heroes would ruin the movie. IM SO FKING EXCITED FOR THESE MOVIES NOW.
too bad theres no footage leaked. :(
#3 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
" @Cherry Bomb:  stfu. Anymore Heroes would ruin the movie. IM SO FKING EXCITED FOR THESE MOVIES NOW. too bad theres no footage leaked. :( "
So you'd rather have an Avengers movie without the founding Avengers? wth!?
#4 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
Cool
#5 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:  No. I actually would rather Antman and wasp. But fitting so many characters into a movie for the first time, its hard to fit them in. Im sure if theres a sequel to the Avengers, after the Antman movie, theyll be part of it. Just be happy that were getting an Avengers movie.
#6 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Well wtf happened to edward norton? why didnt they pick him?

#7 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome !!!!!

#8 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio

In 2012: Avengers Assemble!!!!!!!!!! ^___^

#9 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123:  Then get rid of Hulk, since he's not being portrayed by the same actor in the prequel mvovie. Of course I'm not happy, since Ant-Man and Wasp are two main characters in the Avengers and should be potrayed  ... especially before Black Widow, who isn't even a founder.

That's like having an X-Men movie without Jean and Cyclops. A Fantastic Four movie without Invisible Woman or The Thing.
#10 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Whatever. You could cry all you want. its a movie and it wouldnt have worked to put them in.
#11 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: the AntMan movie will come after the Avengers movie, but it is coming
#12 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123:  Woah, sorry if I want them to actually follow the comics.
#13 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolfMonkey said:
" @Cherry Bomb: the AntMan movie will come after the Avengers movie, but it is coming "
Yay, I know. :/  it's ashame. I wouldn't mind about an AntMan movie, aslong as he appears in the Avengers. I personally don't think an AntMan solo movie would work as well as the others' movies.
#14 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I'm not disappointed that Hank and Janet aren't in it (yet). I want a character driven story that doesn't lose it's focus. I'd rather have a small team where everyone gets good screen time like in Fantastic 4 than a huge team where only 2 or 3 people get good screen time while everyone else is a background character like the X-men movies or Ocean's 11/12/13.
I don't want to see good actors/actresses wasting their time on a 15 minute role. Introduce Hank and Janet later.

I am a little disappointed that Ed Norton is gone, but I'm trying to move past it.

Wasn't War Machine supposed to be part of the cast? Thank God Nick Fury is Black or else this would have been the whitest team since the Silver Age. 

#15 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
" @Cherry Bomb: Whatever. You could cry all you want. its a movie and it wouldnt have worked to put them in. "
Dude stop being a jerk. She has a right to say how she feels about Ant-man and Wasp not being in the movie.
#16 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @doordoor123 said:
" @Cherry Bomb: Whatever. You could cry all you want. its a movie and it wouldnt have worked to put them in. "
Dude stop being a jerk. She has a right to say how she feels about Ant-man and Wasp not being in the movie. "

^_^  thank you WK.
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

HAWKEYE!

#18 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: besides, as for the "following the comics" thing...
captain america wasnt a founding member originally, but in this universe he will be

so ya, i can understand where you're coming from, but in nall fasirness give them a break
it's not as easy making a movie as just pointing a camera and shouting action
Marvel's been trying for years to get other movies make
Cable? Iron First? i mean, they've had Ray Park signed on to do Iron Fist for years even though it hasnt been greenlit or written yet
#19 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever had a feeling that something that sound soooooooooooooo awsome is going to end up really bad and disapoint THOUSANDS of people???
#20 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 

They probably didnt put antman and wasp in there because they are not as well known as the hulk and black widow.
#21 Edited by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolfMonkey:  I know, I'm not too thrilled with that either. But Captain America has atleast been the 'main' character of the whole Avengers.

I'm a media student, I know about movie making and things like that, lol.  All I'm trying to say is that they've had lots of hype around AntMan and Wasp appearing in the movie, rumours here and there and then they aren't even featured in the final project? - it's just very disappointing, especially since those 2 are my favourites out of the Avengers. Even Hawkeye is featured in the damn movie.
#22 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing said:
" @Cherry Bomb:   They probably didnt put antman and wasp in there because they are not as well known as the hulk and black widow. "
Yeah true, but even if they aren't unknown, they could've atleast appeared in the movie. As surprise members and then a prequel movie following after ... like Wolverine from X-Men.
#23 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: true, but remember they cant please everyone
where there are probably half a dozen people who agree with you, there are likely a dozen more who have never heard of ant man or wasp and only know the main three (Cap, Stark, Thor)
If it werent for the Ultimate Avengers movies i wouldnt know who they were
it's sorta a catch 22 i guess
#24 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@WolfMonkey:  I understand, like I said to someone else.  Even though they aren't aswell known, it would've been cool to have them featured ... then explore on their past and origins much like what happened with Wolverine. And Hawkeye is in the movie, yet I bet even less people know about him.  :/  it's just surprised me that's all.
#25 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 
I completely agree. And it is disappointing, but i can under stand why they put black widow and the hulk in instead. After iron man 2 and its success and the second hulk movie being good, i would replace wasp and antman too. More people will go see it if they have characters in it they know and like, so the film makes more money.
#26 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:

" @War Killer said:

" @doordoor123 said:
Dude stop being a jerk. She has a right to say how she feels about Ant-man and Wasp not being in the movie. "
^_^  thank you WK. "
Im sorry. I didnt know i was being a jerk. 
And what i meant was, you could complain all you want but it is the way it is. And i also would love it to stick to comic continuity but it wont. It never has and it never will. Its a movie. I dont know how i could explain it to you any more than that. Ive worked in the movie industry and i know that things never go as planned. Even if the script were written directly from the comic, not everyone would be okay with it. And it had to be flexible enough to make sure every character has enough screen time or the fans would be disappointed or it would make no sense to have so many characters. Maybe they felt like eight main characters were enough. And theyre mixing universes so it makes more sense to leave out characters like ant-man and wasp. In the Ultimate universe Hawkeye and Black Widow ARE technically some of the first Avengers. But more of an Avengers black Ops team. 
You could have your opinion but it is the way it is. Why put out negative energy by being upset about it when you could embrace it and look on the bright side. Its an Avengers movie. I would never think that in a million years that there would ever be such a concept build up. And im excited. If im not mistaking this will be the first film to actually mesh three different films together. Im excited to see how itll turn out.

PS i realize i had some run-on sentences and bad period spotting, but im too lazy to go back. When i write with passion i often dont write very well.
#27 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at this way, at least The Avengers movie will be in Marvel Studios' hands, not Fox, not Sony Pictures, but Marvel (and Disney).   

While that isn't necessarily a guarantee the movie will do well, at least if it goes by the Iron Man track record, I think we will be pleased.   

Let's give everyone involved a chance. 
#28 Posted by Razeil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

fingers crossed

#29 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

what would've worked best for hank and janet was them having their own movie,
but how could they even dream of a successful box office when nobody knows them?
When the Avengers movie comes out they'll get one, because with the Avengers movie power behind them they can get more box office results. 2009 or this year would've been perfect for them to get a movie released, but they're not big names like spider-man or x-men, so box office would've been really low.

#30 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:

" @War Killer said:

" @doordoor123 said:
^_^  thank you WK. "
Im sorry. I didnt know i was being a jerk.  And what i meant was, you could complain all you want but it is the way it is. And i also would love it to stick to comic continuity but it wont. It never has and it never will. Its a movie. I dont know how i could explain it to you any more than that. Ive worked in the movie industry and i know that things never go as planned. Even if the script were written directly from the comic, not everyone would be okay with it. And it had to be flexible enough to make sure every character has enough screen time or the fans would be disappointed or it would make no sense to have so many characters. Maybe they felt like eight main characters were enough. And theyre mixing universes so it makes more sense to leave out characters like ant-man and wasp. In the Ultimate universe Hawkeye and Black Widow ARE technically some of the first Avengers. But more of an Avengers black Ops team.  You could have your opinion but it is the way it is. Why put out negative energy by being upset about it when you could embrace it and look on the bright side. Its an Avengers movie. I would never think that in a million years that there would ever be such a concept build up. And im excited. If im not mistaking this will be the first film to actually mesh three different films together. Im excited to see how itll turn out.  PS i realize i had some run-on sentences and bad period spotting, but im too lazy to go back. When i write with passion i often dont write very well. "
Yes you were a jerk, you could have said what you wanted to say in a civilised way without being rude. :/  In every universe AntMan and Wasp are practically founders and main members. And just because thats the way it is doesn't mean I still can't have my say and share what I think on the subject, welcome to the beauty of forums.   If you want to read a forum full of positive energy and OD on happiness, then Comicvine isn't your place.

Just because your excited doesn't mean I have to be. I am still looking forward to this movie, but how would you feel if your favourite characters were cut out?  probably the same as I do. I'm happy with Captain America and Iron Man, completely satisfied, it's just other elements, IMO, could've worked out better.
#31 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing:  true, but Hawkeye is still a confusing thing for me ... I think they just picked a character at random and thrown him in the movie. I doubt he'll have hardly any screen time at all.
#32 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @JEdThing:  true, but Hawkeye is still a confusing thing for me ... I think they just picked a character at random and thrown him in the movie. I doubt he'll have hardly any screen time at all. "
Hawkeye is MY favorite, so watch it. lol
#33 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @JEdThing:  true, but Hawkeye is still a confusing thing for me ... I think they just picked a character at random and thrown him in the movie. I doubt he'll have hardly any screen time at all. "
Hawkeye is MY favorite, so watch it. lol "
Mehh, Hawkeye is okay at times.
Well Wasp is mine :P so you watch it too.
#34 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 
I was confused by that as well. Seemed very random. But i like Hawkeye so im happy with it :)
#35 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing:  Pffft,  it could've atleast been a female character to even it out a little atleast  XD
Avengers is gonna be like ... The Expendables 2
#36 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @Captain13 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
Mehh, Hawkeye is okay at times.Well Wasp is mine :P so you watch it too. "
Lol. Will do.

P.S. Hawkeye is a BAMF. Have you read Ultimates 2 or Dark Reign?
#37 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @Captain13 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
Mehh, Hawkeye is okay at times.Well Wasp is mine :P so you watch it too. "
Lol. Will do.  P.S. Hawkeye is a BAMF. Have you read Ultimates 2 or Dark Reign? "
I read a little of Ultimates 2 and yeah, he was bad-ass in that.
#38 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 
Another female character would have been nice. The Expendables looks freakin sick! lol 

They could have chose a worse character to throw in the movie. So, i guess what im saying is hawkeye is a good character and i dont mind him being in the movie.
#39 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing:  Ms Marvel would've been even more cool though :P  & Exependables looks cool .. too manly for me.
#40 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 
Ms. Marvel would be awesome! Who do you think they would get to play her if she was in the movie?
#41 Edited by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Remember how Renner leaked that he was cast as Hawkeye months ago, and Marvel told him to hush? I think he's still supposed to have a surprise guest appearance in Thor before he shows up in the Avengers. If that's true, Eva Longoria and Nathan Fillion may show up by surprise as Wasp and Ant-man in smaller roles compared to everyone else in the Avengers. It would introduce them to audiences and launch their solo movie. Marvel may just want to keep it on the DL. Make it a secret like Nick Fury, you know? You may still have hope.
#42 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing:  Ali Larter, definately. She'd be perfect.

@Captain13:
yeah I remember, smaller roles for AM and Wasp would be cool, better than nothing I supposed. They BETTER show up or else I will protest outside Marvel Studios!  ( Iwon't really, but I will email them ALOT)   Urghh, I will be disappointe if Eva and Nathan do actually play them ... they are horrible choices.
#43 Edited by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:

@Captain13: yeah I remember, smaller roles for AM and Wasp would be cool, better than nothing I supposed. They BETTER show up or else I will protest outside Marvel Studios!  ( Iwon't really, but I will email them ALOT)   Urghh, I will be disappointe if Eva and Nathan do actually play them ... they are horrible choices. "

I like Nathan. Not sure about Eva, but i'm willing to give her a shot. Especially since she'll draw in the 16-45 year old women crowd or whoever watches that Housewives show.

Who would you cast?
#44 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: 
I could differently see her as ms. marvel!
#45 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
" @JEdThing:  Ms Marvel would've been even more cool though :P  & Exependables looks cool .. too manly for me. "
I'd rather have Ms. Marvel then Hulk on this team.
#46 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:
Hey I agree with you.   

Movie folk tend to think they can mess with all the ingredients, anyway they choose.   
#47 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
" @JEdThing:  Ms Marvel would've been even more cool though :P  & Exependables looks cool .. too manly for me. "
I'd rather have Ms. Marvel then Hulk on this team. "
I'm not so sure. She's a spin-off character. How would they explain her origin without talking about Captain Marvel and the Kree? She just seems too complicated for a team flick IMO.
#48 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:  I dont want to debate about it. I dont have the patience. Theres no need to be ignorant about it.
#49 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:

@Captain13: yeah I remember, smaller roles for AM and Wasp would be cool, better than nothing I supposed. They BETTER show up or else I will protest outside Marvel Studios!  ( Iwon't really, but I will email them ALOT)   Urghh, I will be disappointe if Eva and Nathan do actually play them ... they are horrible choices. "

I like Nathan. Not sure about Eva, but i'm willing to give her a shot. Especially since she'll draw in the 16-45 year old women crowd or whoever watches that Housewives show. Who would you cast? "
I love Eva in Desperate Housewives, just not sure she has what it takes to do action movies though, but I'd give her a shot and I think Nathan is too old!  Uhm, someone mentioned Nora Zehetner from Heroes or Michelle Monaghan from Eagle Eye.

For Ant Man, hm ... Paul Walker ? [:

#50 Edited by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon... 'NUFF SAID!!!

I stated they should have had another lady in the mix, but if they had put Wasp in it then Ant Man/Giant Man would have been added.  Ms. Marvel on the other hand.... With a name like she has, the average movie-goer isn't going to know who the heck she is anyway. Still, I could easily see her making a cameo (and perhaps more) towards the end of the film. They should at least include Henry Pym in it as a scientist of S.H.I.E.L.D. (and a mention of him having a wife too of course.)

This movie is going to be the greatest super-hero film ever. I just hope that it's not the top of the mountain for super-hero films. I'm not quite ready for them to start going downhill just yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.