Follow

Samus Aran

Character » Samus Aran appears in 50 issues.

Samus Aran is the heroine of the Metroid universe and is an intergalactic bounty hunter. Samus is also one of the first playable female video game character.

Metroid Movie?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4202

Has anyone heard any news of this? This was a pretty old article that I found sitting around. Any word of it coming soon? I figure John Woo could do a pretty good job of it.......better have someone good as Samus if it does get made.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Chameleone

Someone good better play Samus. I don't want any Jessica Alba/Invisible Woman crap

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chameleone

Sparda says:

"chameleone says:
    "Someone good better play Samus. I don't want any Jessica Alba/Invisible Woman crap"

Aye. I read in a EGM that whoever played the T-X in Terminator 3 was possibly in."

OMG that would be awesome, she is HOT

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chameleone

Sparda says:

"chameleone says:
    "Sparda says:
    "chameleone says:
    "Someone good better play Samus. I don't want any Jessica Alba/Invisible Woman crap"
    Aye. I read in a EGM that whoever played the T-X in Terminator 3 was possibly in."
    OMG that would be awesome, she is HOT"

I'm thinking that she could do one heck of a good job as Samus (yeah, she is hot to boot). Although, it makes me wonder what the movie would be like in complete CGI...."

Well, in Terminator 3, she says like 3 lines so i don't know how good of an actor she really is

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Liverwurst

What you don't realize is that she starred in Bloodrayne.

sonicmora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By sonicmora

jessica biel should be samus.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

It's in production hell so don't be expecting it. It was supposed to come out on the summer of '06, and it didn't.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "It's in production hell so don't be expecting it. It was supposed to come out on the summer of '06, and it didn't. "

Yeah I know.....but Spider-Man was in production hell for about ten years and it still came out, so who knows eh?"

By then any viable actresses would be pretty old. And they would have to find a whole new list.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Sparda says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    "It's in production hell so don't be expecting it. It was supposed to come out on the summer of '06, and it didn't. "
    Yeah I know.....but Spider-Man was in production hell for about ten years and it still came out, so who knows eh?"
    By then any viable actresses would be pretty old. And they would have to find a whole new list."

True. I'm thinking that they could just do a straight up CGI version and have Jennifer Hale play Samus like she halfways did in the Prime series. I bet her voice would be perfect."

Ten years would probably change her voice.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Sparda says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    "Sparda says:
    "Dreadnaught says:
    By then any viable actresses would be pretty old. And they would have to find a whole new list."
    True. I'm thinking that they could just do a straight up CGI version and have Jennifer Hale play Samus like she halfways did in the Prime series. I bet her voice would be perfect."
    Ten years would probably change her voice. "

I sound nothing like me when I was seven.

They did it with Sean Connery in the From Russia With Love game....

sure, his voice sounded older, but that was a good 30 years after he stopped being in Bond movies.

Ten years for Hale would'nt be all that bad. She's what......thirty, tops?"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Darkchild

so far guys that idea was dropped and dropped fast. they "might" in the future but the ideas been scrapped for now

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darkchild

Sparda says:

"Darkchild says:
    "so far guys that idea was dropped and dropped fast. they "might" in the future but the ideas been scrapped for now"

I hadn't heard it was "dropped", but heard that it was on the ropes before the started pre-production....

I'm not really holding out much hope for it, though."

well lets think of the past totally CGI movies(which this movie would need to be) FF Spirits Witin was a great movie but BOMBED in the theaters. Advent Children went straight to DVD for this reason and made a ton of money. I cant think of any other ones that werent cartoons but my points been made.

The idea was held for a while and its been a few years and no updates. so their for its been dropped.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

Darkchild says:

"Sparda says:
    "Darkchild says:
    "so far guys that idea was dropped and dropped fast. they "might" in the future but the ideas been scrapped for now"
    I hadn't heard it was "dropped", but heard that it was on the ropes before the started pre-production.... I'm not really holding out much hope for it, though."
    well lets think of the past totally CGI movies(which this movie would need to be) FF Spirits Witin was a great movie but BOMBED in the theaters. Advent Children went straight to DVD for this reason and made a ton of money. I cant think of any other ones that werent cartoons but my points been made. The idea was held for a while and its been a few years and no updates. so their for its been dropped. "

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went (although I kinda thought the first FF movie sucked.....at least Advent Children was mildly entertaining).

It'd be cool to do it like Beowulf.

Trakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Trakx

Unfortunately, it must be said so that none of us keep our heads in the clouds about this: even if this movie were to be made, you know that the people to be assigned to make it would so drastically alter it from what we've known it to be that all that would come out would be a movie based in space, with a lady in a battlesuit. They would slap the name "Metroid" on the movie, and sit back feeling confident that they've made something better than the original and fans everywhere will love them for it. Her name probably won't even be Samus until they change it back due to fans being outraged on the internet.

Now, as for MY dreams for this movie, it would comfort my own fears to know that they chose an actress that was older (late 30's to mid-40's) and wasn't simply in it because she was attractive. Realistically, women who take careers like hers seriously don't have faces and bodies that look like they had an easy life. This doesn't mean I want some hag, but a perfect example is Sarah Conner from Terminator II. Yes, she almost had to be in it because of being cast in the first movie, but who would have expected her to pull off her character as well as she did? She didn't go into it wanting to just be some hottie on the screen.

As for director, I would like Michael Bay. At least with him, you know he only tweaks the story enough to make a story to tell. He doesn't set out to remake the original, but merely to make it work on film.

As for Mother Brain, didn't they find a enormous jelly fish off the coast of Australia a couple years back? ;)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sparda

Trakx says:

"Unfortunately, it must be said so that none of us keep our heads in the clouds about this: even if this movie were to be made, you know that the people to be assigned to make it would so drastically alter it from what we've known it to be that all that would come out would be a movie based in space, with a lady in a battlesuit. They would slap the name "Metroid" on the movie, and sit back feeling confident that they've made something better than the original and fans everywhere will love them for it. Her name probably won't even be Samus until they change it back due to fans being outraged on the internet. Now, as for MY dreams for this movie, it would comfort my own fears to know that they chose an actress that was older (late 30's to mid-40's) and wasn't simply in it because she was attractive. Realistically, women who take careers like hers seriously don't have faces and bodies that look like they had an easy life. This doesn't mean I want some hag, but a perfect example is Sarah Conner from Terminator II. Yes, she almost had to be in it because of being cast in the first movie, but who would have expected her to pull off her character as well as she did? She didn't go into it wanting to just be some hottie on the screen. As for director, I would like Michael Bay. At least with him, you know he only tweaks the story enough to make a story to tell. He doesn't set out to remake the original, but merely to make it work on film. As for Mother Brain, didn't they find a enormous jelly fish off the coast of Australia a couple years back? ;)"

Aye.....Hollywood would butcher the property itself......

Michael Bay wouldn't be so bad, but if he were in it, he might screw with the story a little too much (IE: Transformers. Good movie, but the story was messed).

Actress? I still think that I'd go with Kristanna Loken, or whatever her name is. Samus doesn't talk all that much anyway.

Giant Jellyfish? Heck yeah!

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
    ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they are makeing the metrold movie, it's going to suck just like the rest of the list crap movie video games, ff advent children was the only movie that did not suckass, ff spirits witnin was boring and have nothing to do with the ff video games, the cgi was good tho that's it, lol oh yeah leave jessica alone she hot,

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn

Sparda says:

"chameleone says:

Kristanna Loken might play Samus in Metroid movie ? Man ! That would be awesome. She has a heck of a Sci-Fi role going on too. She has been a Terminator, she was in Bloodrayne, and she has played Painkiller Jane ! Wow if she adds Samus too her credits this will be her biggest role ever.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"if they are makeing the metrold movie, it's going to suck just like the rest of the list crap movie video games, ff advent children was the only movie that did not suckass, ff spirits witnin was boring and have nothing to do with the ff video games, the cgi was good tho that's it, lol oh yeah leave jessica alone she hot, "

FF Advent Children sucked. It was only good for it's CGI component. It's entire story only muddled with Final Fantasy VII even more. While I'll say it succeeded in pure entertainment, it wasn't a good cinematic experience.

@KS: Nah, I found out that that wasn't true later, actually. Darn EGM and their jokes.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"lol well your the only one thank it sucked oh well i thank ff was a cool movie anyways, a metroid moive will turn to a crap movie, im sorry i don't hate kristanna loken she hot and she do have a nice ass in t3, but she a ok actess not the best, hollywood have history of turning video games movies in to crap, i played metroid games, im a fan of metoid, but makeing in to a movie? i don't see it happan cuz hollywood going to rush and f**ked up the movie game, so they can get some big money "

Yeah, that's the most logical outcome. Also, please watch the language........it's a site rule.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
    ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol well your the only one thank it sucked oh well i thank ff was a cool movie anyways, a metroid moive will turn to a crap movie, im sorry i don't hate kristanna loken she hot and she do have a nice ass in t3, but she a ok actess not the best, hollywood have history of turning video games movies in to crap, i played metroid games, im a fan of metoid, but makeing in to a movie? i don't see it happan cuz hollywood going to rush and fucked up the movie game, so they can get some big money

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkchild

man this is still going on about damn.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By zero edge

Hey I saw this and I gotta agree with Sparda that advent children sucked balls. The story was to milk the money of pathetic fanboys like myself. It's fun to look at, but the story was a piece of crap.

And on the Metroid movie... lol Boll... I hope he stays away from my favorite games. And if they ever make a Metroid movie, the casting of Samus will make or break this movie for me.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zero edge

LOL He's not going to read that, nor is anyone going to read an online petition. I was watching one of his interviews on AoTS and he was pretty much like "Screw you guys I'll make whatever the hell I want."... not exact quotes though

Oh and one more thing about Advent Children, usually I'd watch my favorite movies/shows without getting bored. I'll watch Advent Children to see some cool fight scenes, but after watching the whole movie a few times I can't stand watching the entire story anymore. It was so watered down, and they were like "hey lets bring back Seph since the fans love him to death instead of making a totally original story."
    Post Edited:2008-04-13 13:17:32

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jax

zero edge says:

"LOL He's not going to read that, nor is anyone going to read an online petition. I was watching one of his interviews on AoTS and he was pretty much like "Screw you guys I'll make whatever the hell I want."... not exact quotes though Oh and one more thing about Advent Children, usually I'd watch my favorite movies/shows without getting bored. I'll watch Advent Children to see some cool fight scenes, but after watching the whole movie a few times I can't stand watching the entire story anymore. It was so watered down, and they were like "hey lets bring back Seph since the fans love him to death instead of making a totally original story."
    Post Edited:2008-04-13 13:17:32"

I didn't know you watch AOTS and after atching all of AC I thought it was bad. The graphics were good and the fight scenes were great but everything else bad.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jax

Sparda says:

"zero edge says:
    "Hey I saw this and I gotta agree with Sparda that advent children sucked balls. The story was to milk the money of pathetic fanboys like myself. It's fun to look at, but the story was a piece of crap. And on the Metroid movie... lol Boll... I hope he stays away from my favorite games. And if they ever make a Metroid movie, the casting of Samus will make or break this movie for me."
    THANK YOU! Finally, someone agrees with me that AC blew chunks. Definitely, whoever plays Samus will either save the movie or destroy it. I signed my name on that petition to stop Boll from making movies........I wonder if anyone else on the site has, too."

Yeah Advent Children wasn't worth the time it took to download. I hope this movie doesn't suck because the fact is movies based on games suck. I nominate a pretty girl who can kick @$$ to play Samus. I nominate Lara Croft.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zero edge

<--------- I <3 Olivia Munn, but I have to say that I've watched that show since it first aired, and it's fallen far from the tree. The set looks pretty now but it just ain't the same anymore.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jax

zero edge says:

"<--------- I <3 Olivia Munn, but I have to say that I've watched that show since it first aired, and it's fallen far from the tree. The set looks pretty now but it just ain't the same anymore."

It isn't is it? It was creepy when they did words that sound bad. Masticate.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zero edge

Jax says:

"zero edge says:
    "<--------- I <3 Olivia Munn, but I have to say that I've watched that show since it first aired, and it's fallen far from the tree. The set looks pretty now but it just ain't the same anymore."

It isn't is it? It was creepy when they did words that sound bad. Masticate."

yeah...

Sparda says:

"I remember he responded to the petition on 1up, and it was basically "You guys all suck, I'm the only f**king genius left in Hollywood, I'll make whatever the f**k I want". I was laughing so hard.....I watched AC twice, the second time because I was just really, really bored......pretty graphics and fight scenes, crappy, crappy story.....Agreed, let Seph rest in peace already, jeez."

LOL good ol' Boll... I might actually check out Postal, it did look kind of funny. But back to trashing AC, I seriously have to fast forward through all non-fighting scenes now... even when I;m high or drunk D=

BUT... Crisis Core ROCKED!!!!!!!! Even though it was a hell of a short game at 10-14 hours.... it's the best FF7 spin off, probably ever.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sparda

zero edge says:

"It's based on a 90's PC shooter called Postal lol"

I should've known. The one where you can play as Gary Coleman, lol.

@Jax: Never, never, never, never......
    Post Edited:2008-04-13 13:38:50

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jax

Sparda says:

"zero edge says:
    "Jax says:
    "zero edge says:
    It isn't is it? It was creepy when they did words that sound bad. Masticate."
    yeah... Sparda says:
    "I remember he responded to the petition on 1up, and it was basically "You guys all suck, I'm the only f**king genius left in Hollywood, I'll make whatever the f**k I want". I was laughing so hard..... I watched AC twice, the second time because I was just really, really bored......pretty graphics and fight scenes, crappy, crappy story..... Agreed, let Seph rest in peace already, jeez."
    LOL good ol' Boll... I might actually check out Postal, it did look kind of funny. But back to trashing AC, I seriously have to fast forward through all non-fighting scenes now... even when I;m high or drunk D= BUT... Crisis Core ROCKED!!!!!!!! Even though it was a hell of a short game at 10-14 hours.... it's the best FF7 spin off, probably ever. "
    Is Postal the one about 9/11? I remember some early critics thinking it was actually good......what is this world coming to? Lol."

It's going to go to a world where movies based on games are good and E.T was the best game of all time.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zero edge

It's based on a 90's PC shooter called Postal lol

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jax

Sparda says:

"zero edge says:
    "It's based on a 90's PC shooter called Postal lol"
    I should've known. The one where you can play as Gary Coleman, lol. @Jax: Never, never, never, never......
    Post Edited:2008-04-13 13:38:50"

It could and I'm about to make a thread called the TOP 10 HARDEST XBOX 360 ACHEIVEMENTS. What do ya'll think?

fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By fox

Sure. Why not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.