Jack is from ancient Japan. Before Jack was flung into the future, he was trained by the best warriors of his time. An archer (Robin Hood) who taught him how to use a bow, and how to sneak into enemy territory. An African chief who taught him multiple martial arts like the Cheetah, Antelope, Monkey, Snake, and Scorpion, Greek Olympians who taught him how to wrestle, Buddhist monks who taught him hand to hand fighting and how to fight with different weapons, and learned to sail with the Vikings. He was also trained by Egyptians to read hieroglyphs and other academic things and, at the very beginning of his training, a man told Jack about the constellations and directions. He was also trained how to track by a kindly desert tracker.
All trainers were friends of Jack's father, the Japanese Emperor. Jack's father trusted the trainers to train Jack, when the day came for Aku to rise and try to take over the world. When Jack was in his early 20's, he confronted Aku with his father's blade. Wanting revenge, Jack was beaten then thrown into Aku's prison with his father and mother. When Jack's father found out that he was going to get revenge on Aku instead of striking Aku down with honor, Jack's father taught him a lesson in humility. After Jack learned his lesson, he went back and confronted Aku a second time. The battle went bad for Aku, before Jack struck the final blow Aku tore open a portal in time, where Aku's evil is law, now Jack seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku!
In the future Jack isn't used to the future technology. Since he was born in the time with medieval weapons and the beginning days of martial arts, it is really different for him now. Jack has to constantly look for a portal back home, and he has to protect the innocent and the helpless. The more Jack stays, the more he gets used to the future and it's culture. However, Jack never stops looking for the portal back home, knowing that Aku is still enslaving the people of his country. Jack has met new and unique people in his time in the future. Jack's friends have lend a helping hand to repay him for the kindness that he showed them.
Time after Time, Jack is constantly being hunted by Aku's soldiers. However, every time this happens Jack always rages victor. In some occasions, Aku will appear. Showing how powerful he thinks he is. Jack will not waste any moments talking to Aku, he begins to attack him immediately. Since the magic sword is the only weapon that can kill Aku, before the final blow is struck, Aku turns into a bat and flies away saying, "bye, bye Samurai." Then they don't see each other for about a week. This process is constantly repeated over and over again.
Samurai Jack had four seasons. Starting the show on August 10th, 2001 and ended on April 18th, 2009. 52 episodes have aired on Television.There has also been talks of a Samurai Jack movie that would be produced by J.J. Abrams who produced Cloverfield. There was originally going to be a movie in the early 2000's that they were going to make if the Powerpuff Girls movie was successful but it wasn't and the Samurai Jack movie didn't get made then.
- The Beginning: Aku enslaves the people in Jack's land. Jack then has to train to become a Samurai. When he comes back, he tries to defeat Aku. However, Aku sends him into the future.
- The Samurai Called Jack: After being sent into the future by Aku, the young Samurai is called Jack, and begins his quest looking for Aku. In this episode he befriends talking dogs.
- The First Flight: Jack tries to beat Aku's army and save a bunch of archaeologists.
- Jack, the Woolies, and the Chritchellites: Jack frees a whole bunch of Woolies, and the leader bestows great knowledge over Jack.
- Jack in Space: Jack is companied by a group of scientist that want his help to escape Aku's army.
- Jack and the Warrior Woman: While escaping from henchman from Aku, Jack is accompanied by a Warrior Woman, but is she a friend or foe?
- Jack and the three blind archers: Jack must get past three mysterious blind archers, to get to a "so called" wishing well.
- Jack versus Mad Jack: While fighting against a ton of bad guys, Jack looses his cool and eventually creates a Mad Jack that is the son of Aku, and is fueled by Jack's anger.
- Jack under the sea: Jack has a underwater quest while looking for a ancient time portal.
- Jack and the Lava Monster: Jack battles a Lava monster, who is actually cursed by Aku and is begging Jack to kill him, so that he can go to Valhalla.
- Jack and the Scotsman: When Jack and the Scotsman meet up on a bridge, they are chained together and have to defeat/run from robot Bounty hunters.
- Jack and the Gangsters: When fighting against more robot bounty hunters, Jack is seen by Gangsters who hire Jack to become one of them.
- Aku's Fairy Tales: Aku tells children three fairy tales about him and Samurai Jack.
- Jack learns to jump good: While defending a helpless tribe, they give Jack knowledge on how to 'jump very good'.
- Jack Tales: Jack tells children three fairy tales, about adventures at finding a family that eats metal, saving a princess, and Jack fighting a two-headed worm.
- Jack and the Smackback: Jack must fight for his life in a Dome Of Doom!
- Jack and the Scotsman, Part 2: The Scotsman asks for Jack's help at saving his wife in a castle.
- Jack and the Ultrabots: Jack finds multiple destroyed cities, all done by 8 Ultra-bots. Now he must destroy them using technology, but also the powers of his magic sword!
- Jack Remembers the Past: Jack returns to his birthplace and remembers his great childhood.
- Jack and the Monks: Jack searches for answers as he climbs the "Mountain of Fathom" and encounters Monks.
- Jack and the Farting Dragon: Jack finds a small town that is covered with a disgusting stench. He finds out that there is a Dragon that Farts!
- Jack and the Hunters: Aku hires highly trained and deadly hunters to find and kill Samurai Jack.
- Jack is Naked: While relaxing in the water, Jack's cloths are taken. He begins his journey looking for his clothes, Naked.
- Jack and the Spartans: As Jack is passing through, he finds that a war is going on between machines and Spartans. He joins the Spartans to defeat the mechanical monsters.
- Jack's Sandals: While relaxing, Jack's sandals are destroyed by a biker gang. He goes into town to stop them, however he finds out how useful his sandals were in fights.
- Chicken Jack: While in town, Jack accidentally bumps into a wizard. The wizard then turns Jack into a chicken. A fight promoter finds out that chicken Jack can fight, so he puts him into a fight with deadly enemies!
- Jack and the Rave: When Jack passes through a town, he finds out that all of the children are being controlled by music. Jack then goes to find out that Aku is behind it, however Jack breaks down some funky fresh moves of his own to blend in.
- The Good, The Bad, and the Beautiful: While taking a trip to the west on a train, Jack is hunted by a bounty hunter named Ezekiel Clench. While escaping, Jack is then hunted by Ezekiel's ex-wife Josephine.
- Jack and the Zombies: While passing through, Jack finds himself in a graveyard where he fights the undead!
- Jack in Egypt: Aku releases the minions of Seth. Only memories can save Jack from this ancient evil.
- Jack and the Traveling Creatures: Jack's path leads him to a mysterious lake. After a series of events, he confronts a guard that keeps the time portal safe from every one.
- Jack and the Creature: While on his quest, Jack is followed by a extremely friendly creature.
- Jack and the Swamp Monster: When Jack is passing by a swamp, he is guided by a Swamp hermit who leads him to three gems of the titans.
- Jack and the Haunted House: Jack finds out that there is a house haunted, and is enslaving the family their. He must free the family, so he can get out and they can be free!
- Jack, the monks, and the Ancient Masters Son: Jack confronts Shaolin Monks, who agree to show him a ancient time portal.
- Birth of Evil, Part 1: Aku's origin is revealed on how he came into existence, and how he became the enemy of Jack's father.
- Birth of Evil, Part 2: The story of Aku continues, as how young Jack is talked about and how Jack's father beat Aku.
- Jack and the Labyrinth: Jack finds a booby trapped Labyrinth, where there is a mystical gem of great power. However, he is not the only one who is trying to get the gem. Jack uses stealth and skill to evade the dangers, and also to gain the Gem.
- Samurai Versus Ninja: Jack battles a Ninja sent by Aku.
- Robo-Samurai versus Mondo-bot: Jack uses a huge Samurai Robot that only he can use, to defeat a giant robot that is bent on destroying a small city of robots!
- Samurai Versus Samurai: Jack encounters an annoying and would-be Samurai, who Jack teaches a lesson to.
- The Aku Infection: While battling a battalion of Aku-bots, Aku (is really sick) and accidentally sneezes a piece of him into Jack. Jack is now slowly turning evil.
- The Princess and the Bounty Hunters: A Princess teams up with some Bounty hunters to capture Jack. All the princess wants is to free her people in return for jack.
- The Scotsman Saves Jack, Part 1: While on a adventure, Jack is brainwashed into thinking that he is a british and works on a ship as a cabin boy.
- The Scotsman Saves Jack, Part 2: The Scotsman finds out that three music beings are making Jack brainwashed. The music doesn't affect Scotsman, because to him it sounds horrible. So he goes in and saves his friend.
- The Winged Children: Jack saves alien fairy children from Aku's clutches.
- Jack Versus Aku: Aku makes an offer to not use his powers, and Jack to not use his sword. Although Jack keeps his word, Aku won't and it turns out into a battle for Jack's life.
- Seasons of Death: Jack battles four different seasons, which are four seasons of the year.
- Tale Of X9: A story of a robot with emotions, is now put against Jack. Because Aku is holding his dog hostage, so to get his dog back he must bring the Samurai to Aku.
- Young Jack In Africa: Young Jack is training in Africa on multiple styles of Martial Arts, this is a tale of his childhood.
- Jack and the Baby: While saving a baby from hungry trolls, Jack finds himself a friend that goes on his many adventures. In the end, Jack eventually finds the mother of the child.
Cartoon Network Action Pack
Wizard: The Comics Magazine
Samurai Jack Special
Cartoon Network Fusionfall
Powers & Abilities
After his father was captured and enslaved, Samurai Jack was sent on a long journey to reclaim his land and his birthright from Aku. He was trained by the greatest warriors throughout the world, like a Shaolin Monk, Egyptian Pharaoh, Robin Hood, and other (pseudo) Historic figures. After his training, he gained these following abilities:
Master Combatant: Jack has shown impressive mastery in many styles of hand to hand combat some of which include, Praying Mantis, Tiger and Eagle, as well as a number of weapons that range from spears and staffs to nunchukus and shurikens, as shown in his fights at the Dome of Doom.
Master Archer: Jack has shown to have excellent skills in the bow and arrow since he was trained by Robin Hood. His Archer skills was shown in Episode 3 when Jack used his archery skills to set off traps against the beetle drones and later used his last arrows on the beetle drones which they hit dead on.
Master Swordsman: Aside from Jack's ability to proficiently wield a vast number of weaponry, he is well known for possessing the greatest amount of skill with his sword. This was most likely due to the fact that the only weapon capable of destroying Aku was Jack's blade, allowing him to combat a number of enemies easily as shown in his battles with the beetle drones as well as the countless bounty hunters and assassins that Aku sends to capture or kill Jack. Jack is shown to rely primarily on swiftness and precision in his strikes in a balanced blend of attack and defense, able to land dozens of blows in seconds, as well as being able to parry machine gun fire. Coupled with the swords extreme cutting power, Jack can also slice through structures, enemies and machines much larger then he is while also able to parry most strikes with ease. He is shown to be an equal match to the Scotsman.
Enhanced Strength: Jack is shown to have remarkable strength for his lean frame, able to cleanly cut through most machines with no effort and can easily throw opponents much larger then himself.
Enhanced Speed: Jack is shown to be extremely swift on his feet and has performed incredible feats of speed and agility, able to avoid gunfire, carve through entire armies within seconds and in one instance, defeat an team composed entirely of highly infamous and skilled bounty hunters in the time it takes for a drop of water to hit the ground.
Enhanced Jumping Capability: Since coming to the future, Jack has learned the ability to leap many times his own height to the point of looking as if he could fly while also being able to fall from great distances with no injury from a jungle man and his adopted tribe of white-furred gorilla's. This is due to the training method of having incredibly heavy boulders tied to his arms, legs and back and being forced to perform strenuous activities such as climbing up a tree via a vine, tight-rope running across a clearing until his body has adjusted to the weight. This has vastly increased his strength granting him new levels of speed and agility.
Enhanced Durability: Throughout his adventures, Jack has shown of possessing a great tolerance for physical pain, having surviving powerful blows from various assassins, robots, and monster, and is still able to stand up and fight.