Follow

Sam Kieth

Person » Sam Kieth is credited in 495 issues.

American comic book artist and writer, Sam Kieth has had successes with Marvel, DC. His running relationship with Image comics has led to the creation of various creator-owned series, including The Maxx.

The Recluse

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Grey56

I hate it that Sam Kieth doesn't get out too much. If you read his blogspot at all, you'll know what I mean. I respect his desire for privacy and more importantly his need for creative diversity - truly I do. I just can't get over my disappointment at times that the man just doesn't get out more and reach out to his fans. It seems like so many of the great artists whom have put on some years have become like that - small coincidence I should say.

The man has been responsible for so many great illustrations it would be impossible for me to simply opine about all of them. What I'll leave it at is this; if it were not for Kieth portraying Wolverine the way he did we might not have ever had Joe Madureira come along to re-imagine him. Though that analogy may also be showing signs of age. Ah well.

I wrote to Peter David recently though - in hopes of getting more information about their potential get-together signings in the future. Maybe that will turn over some new stones. In the interim though - should anyone ever find out about how to track down Mr. Kieth - do let this old fan know. Many thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.