Follow

Saiyans

Team » Saiyans appears in 248 issues.

The Saiyajin is one of the most powerful alien races in the Dragonball Universe. They are commonly known as Saiyans in english.

Will the (Super) Saiyans eventually go extinct?

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been stated that anyone with less than more of a quarter of Saiyan heritage cannot go Super Saiyan. Some have even theorized that if someone doesn't have enough Saiyan heritage, then they will be nowhere near as powerful as the average Saiyan or even have any Saiyan-related powers.

Since there are very few full-blooded Saiyans (Goku, Vegeta...) left and most Saiyans alive are half or less (Gohan, Trunks, Pan...), after a few generations will there be no-one left who can go Super Saiyan (with the exception of the already existing and few future Saiyans with enough heritage)?

Yes, I'm aware Goku jr. is a sixteenth Saiyan and can go Super but GT isn't canon and it was probably a mistake since Toriyama has said it wouldn't be possible for anyone with that amount of heritage to go Super.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74
    No Caption Provided

Vegeta has a little brother out there somewhere, so consider that plus other possible Saiyans.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been stated that anyone with less than more of a quarter of Saiyan heritage cannot go Super Saiyan. Some have even theorized that if someone doesn't have enough Saiyan heritage, then they will be nowhere near as powerful as the average Saiyan or even have any Saiyan-related powers.

where has this been stated ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
    deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Akira will make sure they don't, So you don't worry about that ;)

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a saturday morning cartoon. They could just make up a bunch of Saiyan women that survived. Boom, more super saiyans.

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Some sort of OFFICIAL guide book written by Toriyama and he's mentioned it in other times, like interview, I think.

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: But he already has some alien wife and there's no known surviving Saiyan women.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: But he already has some alien wife and there's no known surviving Saiyan women.

Not yet , who's to say what may happen in the future

LoudCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: Personally I see 4 different possible predictions:

1. No more Saiyans except already confirmed existing ones and the few next ones to be born. The end. Full stop. Goodbye.

2. There are more survivors.

3. Even though Dragon Ball Online's canon-ness has been questioned (specially since it recently closed down), the idea that humans who are good enough can, by the right ki-manipulation and control, transform into Super Saiyans may be true to the series. But we'll have to wait for it to be introduced or confirmed.

4. I know GT isn't canon and Goku jr. shouldn't be able to go Super Saiyan, but it got me thinking that maybe Saiyan heritage could work like "muggle-born wizards" in Harry Potter. If the Saiyan/Wizard heritage is too low, they can't turn Super/Do magic. But after a few generations, the hidden Saiyan/Wizard potential could randomly resurface, resulting in Saiyan/Wizard children from almost Non-Saiyan or Muggle parents.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74: Personally I see 4 different possible predictions:

1. No more Saiyans except already confirmed existing ones and the few next ones to be born. The end. Full stop. Goodbye.

2. There are more survivors.

3. Even though Dragon Ball Online's canon-ness has been questioned (specially since it recently closed down), the idea that humans who are good enough can, by the right ki-manipulation and control, transform into Super Saiyans may be true to the series. But we'll have to wait for it to be introduced or confirmed.

4. I know GT isn't canon and Goku jr. shouldn't be able to go Super Saiyan, but it got me thinking that maybe Saiyan heritage could work like "muggle-born wizards" in Harry Potter. If the Saiyan/Wizard heritage is too low, they can't turn Super/Do magic. But after a few generations, the hidden Saiyan/Wizard potential could randomly resurface, resulting in Saiyan/Wizard children from almost Non-Saiyan or Muggle parents.

All of this is very possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.