why the rivalry

#1 Edited by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay we know that sabertooth is dead for good, and proobaly never get an answer to probally to the most forgoten question know to marvel.
WHY ARE THEY FIGHTING IN THE FIRST PLACE?!!?

They will just admit it that they been fighting each other since the dawn of mankind.
Unless someone in here can give me a straight answer on why the rivalry and how it all began or it just a lost cause.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22550 posts) - - Show Bio

sabretooth killed wolverine's chick

#3 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm not mistaken Saber raped someone precious to Wolvy, I think it was his wife, I read that somewhere. I think it was like that XD

That could be a good point.

#4 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

i read somewhere in the internt i can't rember which that it was before the whole raped thing (not Dog)

#5 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he kill Silver Fox?  Looks like they're gonna show that in the movie.

#6 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he did but this is what I heard I haven't read the issue and have no luck on looking for it but did this guy called Romulus  did anything to sparked the hatred between them. I mean I kinda find it dumb that sabertooth to beat logan up or tortured him for no reason when he can go after other people that beat him like his father or anyone that beat him. Just what happen between them, like I ever believe that sabertooth is stalking logan just because he has a hot wife.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22550 posts) - - Show Bio

sabretooth did rape and kill silverfox, but i think the rivalry was going on before that....maybe it had something to do with wolverine being weapon x's golden child

#8 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"sabretooth did rape and kill silverfox, but i think the rivalry was going on before that....maybe it had something to do with wolverine being weapon x's golden child"
ummmm makes sense :D

Also could be an animal thing XD

They both animals and like Jackie Chan said "Two tigers can't rule the same mountain" XP
#9 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I know for a while the fact that Wolverine trashed everything after he got his adamantium was the reason they used. Sabretooth wanted adamantium bones too, and was pissed when he couldn't get them. But in the old team x days, it seems like Sabretooth still didn't like him, I think it had to do with Wolverine being something of a good guy (compared to Creed), and would try to stop him from doing extremely bad things. If I remember correctly that's where the fighting started, as Creed would beat the crap out of Wolverine after missions, knowing that Wolvie's memory of the entire mission would be erased when they got back to the base.

#10 Posted by The Banned (24 posts) - - Show Bio

They are rivals because Marvel made it that way :)

#11 Edited by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth didn't rape and kill Silver Fox, that was a false memory implant.  Their rivals because their some sort of ancestors to pre-historic beast like creatures who hated eachother. Something gay like that.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

It's height envy....  :)
Wolverine's short, Sabertooths tall.

#13 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"sabretooth did rape and kill silverfox, but i think the rivalry was going on before that....maybe it had something to do with wolverine being weapon x's golden child"

He killed Silver Fox before Weapon X, I believe.
#14 Posted by xtina (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth saw Wolverine as competition and tried to make his life miserable

#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth is a sadist, pure and simple. With Logan, he knows he can draw out the suffering and the psychological torture pretty much indefinitely. He sees Logan as a weaker version of himself, clinging to humanity. He wants Logan to be like him, an insane and blood-thirsty animal. If Creed could see Logan in X-Force, I think it would bring a smile to his face.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Sabretooth didn't rape and kill Silver Fox, that was a false memory implant.  Their rivals because their some sort of ancestors to pre-historic beast like creatures who hated eachother. Something gay like that."

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Sabretooth didn't rape and kill Silver Fox, that was a false memory implant.  Their rivals because their some sort of ancestors to pre-historic beast like creatures who hated eachother. Something gay like that."

"
LOEB!
#18 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit:
her name was Kayla Silver Fox
#19 Posted by warlord1234 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Korg said:

Sabretooth is a sadist, pure and simple. With Logan, he knows he can draw out the suffering and the psychological torture pretty much indefinitely. He sees Logan as a weaker version of himself, clinging to humanity. He wants Logan to be like him, an insane and blood-thirsty animal. If Creed could see Logan in X-Force, I think it would bring a smile to his face.

Spot on!

#20 Posted by hyiena (1819 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't any real proof in it but I think Creed realy just torments Wolverine because he wants him to see how alike they are he tries to bring out hatred and the animal inside of him showing if he pushes him far enough he will be a sadistic killer just like Creed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.