Strength

#1 Posted by Sabre tooth (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Just how strong is Sabretooth?

#2 Posted by Sinistron (103 posts) - - Show Bio

on marvel.com they list Wolverine the stronger of the two... I find that hard to believe

#3 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth lifts i think about 15 with wolverine at 10.

#4 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

ive read sabertooth can lift 25 tons at the most and wolvey can lift only 2 tons

#5 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

soul taker says:

"ive read sabertooth can lift 25 tons at the most and wolvey can lift only 2 tons"

Lol thats wrong i don't think sabertooth is marked higher then spiderman although i haven't read him in a while.

#6 Posted by beastmanX (285 posts) - - Show Bio

ive read that sabretooth can only lift 800 like wolverine

#7 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine has fought hulk quite a bit I see no reason why hes not stronger than the tooth

#8 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the handbooks Sabretooth can lift 2 tons.

The only thing it says about Wolverine is that he has 'some degree of superhuman strength' and can lift between 800lbs - 2 tons.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"wolverine has fought hulk quite a bit I see no reason why hes not stronger than the tooth"

That is the worst analysis I have ever heard.

#10 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"speedlgt says:
"wolverine has fought hulk quite a bit I see no reason why hes not stronger than the tooth"
That is the worst analysis I have ever heard."

RIGHT! uh ok well hulk is clearly defined as being strong so "smart one" you would think if your not strong you would not be able to hang right.

But let me guess....

"its bad writing"

"writers suck"

"its for a story"

"its not realistic"

hmm yeah I think thats about all the responses.

In any case also wolverine lugs around a couple hundred pounds of adamantium with muscles that do not fatigue and only increase in strength all the time.

Its like lifting weights all day but not having to wait days for the muscles to rebuild themselves. Maybe like doing roids. Thus why would we not think hes way strong?

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"Vance Astro says:
"speedlgt says:
RIGHT! uh ok well hulk is clearly defined as being strong so "smart one" you would think if your not strong you would not be able to hang right. But let me guess.... "its bad writing" "writers suck" "its for a story" "its not realistic" hmm yeah I think thats about all the responses. In any case also wolverine lugs around a couple hundred pounds of adamantium with muscles that do not fatigue and only increase in strength all the time. Its like lifting weights all day but not having to wait days for the muscles to rebuild themselves. Maybe like doing roids. Thus why would we not think hes way strong?"

This is what happens when you make assumptions.I'm not going to say it's bad writing even thought it very well maybe.Wolverine going against Hulk doesn't make him stronger than Sabretooth.You said that as if Wolverine competed with Hulk using strength.Deadpool took on the Hulk...all you have to do is have a certain level of immortality an durability to have a chance.

#12 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"speedlgt says:
"Vance Astro says:
"speedlgt says:
RIGHT! uh ok well hulk is clearly defined as being strong so "smart one" you would think if your not strong you would not be able to hang right. But let me guess.... "its bad writing" "writers suck" "its for a story" "its not realistic" hmm yeah I think thats about all the responses. In any case also wolverine lugs around a couple hundred pounds of adamantium with muscles that do not fatigue and only increase in strength all the time. Its like lifting weights all day but not having to wait days for the muscles to rebuild themselves. Maybe like doing roids. Thus why would we not think hes way strong?"
This is what happens when you make assumptions.I'm not going to say it's bad writing even thought it very well maybe.Wolverine going against Hulk doesn't make him stronger than Sabretooth.You said that as if Wolverine competed with Hulk using strength.Deadpool took on the Hulk...all you have to do is have a certain level of immortality an durability to have a chance. "

ok but one cant deny that a decent level of strength (superhuman) must exist to have a shot. In any case I would not call it an assumptions rather its deductions. Also if marvel says hes stronger then thats game.

#13 Posted by meta knight (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabre and Wolfie and pretty even (10 ton range).

MK

#14 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth is obviously stronger, more muscle mass and height!

that doesn't mean wolverine is a weakling, nor that wolverine couldn't defeat sabretooth.

as for anyone who takes on the hulk - automatically has superstrenght, does that mean if i threw a punch at the green machine, i'd count as being superstrong?

#15 Posted by Grim-Zero (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Saabre tooth is stronger then Wolverine. Creed then lift around a rough 10 tons, Logan can lif roughly 2 tons.

#16 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt, Daredevil has fought the Hulk. So let's get that out of the way now. In the Marvel Universe it doesn't matter how strong you are. If you've got talent and skill you can match up against anyone. Maybe not win, but match up, most assuredly. As for Wolverine's strength, the super strength he has is based on two factors. One, no pun intended, being his "healing factor" which is explained as having a limited immunity to the fatigue poisons generated by bodily activity, and hence he has greater endurance than an ordinary human. The second factor is his unbreakable skeleton that means it allows him to exceed the natural breaking point of human bones as to how much stress he can put on his skeletal structure.
#17 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i dunno cuz wolverines healing factor helps him lift like 25 pounds. When youlift something heavy for a while your doing damage to your muscle issue, and with wolvies healing factor and skeleton, he could heal his way into lifing i'd say about.....24 tons, while sabretooth lifting 25.

#18 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

40?.........maybe................

#19 Edited by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
metallic said:
"i dunno cuz wolverines healing factor helps him lift like 25 pounds. When youlift something heavy for a while your doing damage to your muscle issue, and with wolvies healing factor and skeleton, he could heal his way into lifing i'd say about.....24 tons, while sabretooth lifting 25."
There's a limit to how much someone can lift without being augmented though. Wolverine is not augmented, and a portion of his strength is needed to move his heavy skeleton.

And Sabretooth has had his strength augmented a few times. Can't he lift around 15 tons now?
#20 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

at least

#21 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

yup i still say wolvester is a 2 tonner just from the elevater one arm lift..

#22 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed.

#23 Posted by Taylove (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth as alwasy's been stronger the wolverine. His original strengh was 2 ton's  to wolverine's  1 ton.  sabretooth strengh has been enhance 3 time's puting him in the 20 ton range. while wolverine is still at 1 ton.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.