Sabretooth is rad(not a respect thread, I don't think.)

#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of character, I think I like Sabretooth more then Wolverine. Like, he reminds me of Toshiro Mifune's character in Seven Samurai, putting on a big bravado to mask his own insecurity and fears. I think the reason Sabretooth is all crazy and Wolverine is actually friends with Captain America and a member of the Avengers(think before Civil War, then what I'm saying is making sense.) is because Sabretooth was weaker, like in soul, in mind. He puts on this act of him just being a ruthless monster, that nothing bothers him so long as he can torture Wolverine, but I think he's just as confused and hurt by his past as any of the Weapon X guys. I think Wolverine is Sabretooth's best friend. And, assuming recent Sabretooth wasn't skrull Sabretooth, I think Sabretooth finally had enough. He wanted Wolverine to kill him, hence his performing an action that would drive Wolverine over the edge. So, yeah.

#2 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

/agree but I personally think the way Jeph Loeb killed him was so dumb. Not only did he reduce him to some gormless animal after their potential century long battle (if you think Sabretooth is Dog from Wolverine: Origins) he just gets one shot with some random hack blade. I think Sabretooth deserved a little bit of a more extravagant death than that.

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. Like I said, I strongly suspect Skrull-Play here...

#4 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW, I don't see how Dog could be anyone else. Nobody else has claws and a healing factor and could mess with Wolverine on that level.

#5 Posted by BangingBootyNurseT (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I think sabertooth is a great villain.

#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon what would be could was if Sabretooth was a clone of Dog Logan's, and had been cloned back in the days when he hung out with good old Nathaniel Essex (Mister Sinister to all the n00bs).

#7 Posted by Grim-Zero (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I do think the Sabretooth that got decapitate by Wolverin was probally a skrull, but then its very unlikely.

Also people are sayig how Dog Logan is Sabretooth. I think that would badass. But then again I dont think that is possible because Dog has brown hair and Creed and has Blonde. Dog had the scar and Creed has a healing factor.

Also what do you guys think of Ultimate Sabretooth???

#8 Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

At Comic-Con, at the X-Men panel, Editor Nick Lowe did say that Sabretooth was dead and is not coming back. 

Sure we all know death doesn't mean much, especially in the X-Universe but it doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon.

Staff
#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started reading Weapon X...and i kind of like the guy

#10 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him too.  And if he's Dog or not is really up to whatever writers want to do in the future.  If you read the Origins trade the writer said that he'd like for Dog to be Creed, but he put the scar in and the lack of healing factor so that there could be a choice as to what to do with the character.  One idea was that Sabretooth's healing factor was a secondary mutation and as such didn't kick in until later, ridding him of the scar that Dog had or perhaps that it was unstable, which also kinda explains Sabretooth's origin in comics as a Luke Cage criminal that got his face messed up by Spidey.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio

He's Dead....

MERRY CHRISTMAS....

#12 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, which is why I hope they bring him back..maybe not soon, but one day.  After all magic sword is a crappy death if ever there was one.  And I think it kinda proves my point about the writers.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Lupine said:
"Yeah, which is why I hope they bring him back..maybe not soon, but one day.  After all magic sword is a crappy death if ever there was one.  And I think it kinda proves my point about the writers."
I doubt that will happen.
#14 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

You might be right, but then again it's not Cap's death.  Cap we'll probably never see again, Creed I give it a year or two tops, maybe a few more than that but I think he'll be back.

#15 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
Lupine said:
"You might be right, but then again it's not Cap's death.  Cap we'll probably never see again, Creed I give it a year or two tops, maybe a few more than that but I think he'll be back."
Cap's too popular to stay dead forever. He'll be back.
#16 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Lupine said:
"You might be right, but then again it's not Cap's death.  Cap we'll probably never see again, Creed I give it a year or two tops, maybe a few more than that but I think he'll be back."
Cap's too popular to stay dead forever. He'll be back."
Maybe, but then again it was such a shocking and epic death that to bring him back would cheapen it.  Plus Bucky is a pretty good Cap in his own way and now we get to see how the rest of the Marvel U will react to him.
#17 Edited by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Lupine said:
Steve Rogers is never coming back.He's not as popular as you think.
#18 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Meteorite said:
"Lupine said:
Steve Rogers is never coming back.He's not as popular as you think."

Actually I think he's pretty popular, but in my opinion its because he's popular that he'll never be back.  I think the world might implode if Steve Rogers returned.  And not WWII Steve, but "our generation's Captain America" I think the Marvel U would actually just cease to be...

lol
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
Lupine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Meteorite said:
"Lupine said:

Actually I think he's pretty popular, but in my opinion its because he's popular that he'll never be back.  I think the world might implode if Steve Rogers returned.  And not WWII Steve, but "our generation's Captain America" I think the Marvel U would actually just cease to be...

lol
"
There is not reason for it.I can see people wanting Sabretooth back because he was one of a kind.He was kinda like Wolverine but he had his own little traits.Steve is an expendable character...he died...not to long after there was another Cap.I think Marvel was trying to say that no matter who dies..there will always be a Captain America.
#20 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lupine said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Meteorite said:
"Lupine said:

lol
"
There is not reason for it.I can see people wanting Sabretooth back because he was one of a kind.He was kinda like Wolverine but he had his own little traits.Steve is an expendable character...he died...not to long after there was another Cap.I think Marvel was trying to say that no matter who dies..there will always be a Captain America."
Sounds like a fine take on it.  Even if I still don't agree about Steve, but you're right there will always be a Captain America or at least so we hope.  After all Marvel has before equated Cap to being America and we Americans most assuredly hope for our country to continue and prosper, so likewise having a symbol of that country is important if only so that it reminds us of what America was meant to be.
I think that's why I loved Civil War so much.  The Hero vs. Hero kind of annoyed me, but the philosophy behind it all was sound and thought provoking.

Oh, and I agree about Sabretooth.  And I'll hope against hope that he returns or at least someone writing Exiles will get bored and toss there Sabretooth into good old Earth 616, that could be interesting if only because that Creed's been fighting evil Logan tooth and nail.
#21 Posted by XXXExtinctionXXX (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Sabretooth. x3 I hate that they keep killing him. Marvel and their resurrections.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people keep bringing this back?

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
LEAVE VICTOR ALONE!
#24 Posted by Lupine (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Resurrection syndrome perhaps?   lol 

This is exactly how most Marvel readers have been feeling of late.  ;)
#25 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy that sabretooth came back but like why kill him in the first pace? Sabretooth and wolverine was the best rivalry ever. Those comics were the best comics EVER.

#26 Posted by metallic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

well I would think that they HAVE  to bring sabretooth back, hes the rival of wwolverine.

#27 Posted by Taylove (91 posts) - - Show Bio

your right metallic    Sabretooth is my favorite comic book character he's the best bloobthirsty killer in all of comics. if you do him right he'll be better then wolverine  unfortunately, his popularity is dwinding so they said kill him off.  they are going to soon see that wloverine need's sabretooth like he need's his adamantium, healing factor. so He'll  be BACK...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.