IS SABRETOOTH REALLY DEAD?

#1 Edited by xanatos (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I DONT THINK SO HE TO GOOD AS A RIVAL TO KILL HIM OFF FOREVER
WHAT DOES ANY ONE ELSE THINK

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this is the Wolverine forum?

#3 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

See the "A" button on your keyboard?

Just to the left of that should be a button that says "Caps Lock."

Press it.

#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Beats me why they even have caps lock keys anymore. I pried mine out of my keyboard so I wouldn't hit it accidentally. As for Sabretooth, yes, he is dead, most unfortunately.
#5 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately, yes he is dead. The sword he was killed with is really F-up.. But I do agreed that he should return somehow. even if I don't see it possible. Then again it is the comicbook world XD

#6 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine took his head ..........there can be only one.....................................................

#7 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"wolverine took his head ..........there can be only one....................................................."
well done....
#8 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"Unfortunately, yes he is dead. The sword he was killed with is really F-up.. But I do agreed that he should return somehow. even if I don't see it possible. Then again it is the comicbook world XD "
Romulus could of made a clone.
#9 Posted by xanatos (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry about the caps lock , i reckon he will return .
 

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

There are Marauder Sabretooth clones in existence, but Creed Prime is dead.

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"
Beats me why they even have caps lock keys anymore. I pried mine out of my keyboard so I wouldn't hit it accidentally. 
"
..............................................................................................................................

Hawk said:
"speedlgt said:
"wolverine took his head ..........there can be only one....................................................."
well done...."
I take it you two are Highlander fans

Zoom
said:
"See the "A" button on your keyboard?Just to the left of that should be a button that says "Caps Lock."Press it."
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
#12 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"

There are Marauder Sabretooth clones in existence, but Creed Prime is dead.

"
No, Sinister said that Sabretooth's healing factor prevented him from being cloned, which is why he's never been shown with the Marauders after he left them the first time. (Although, with X-23 out there, they could conceivably retcon this... hmmm...)
#13 Posted by Will44 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to imagine that if the movie generates as much money as Marvel hopes, and spawns sequels (including a sabertooth one) Creed will return.

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
DFChewie said:
"John Valentine said:
"

There are Marauder Sabretooth clones in existence, but Creed Prime is dead.

"
No, Sinister said that Sabretooth's healing factor prevented him from being cloned, which is why he's never been shown with the Marauders after he left them the first time. (Although, with X-23 out there, they could conceivably retcon this... hmmm...)"
You're wrong..... X-Force #10.
#15 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"DFChewie said:
"John Valentine said:
"

There are Marauder Sabretooth clones in existence, but Creed Prime is dead.

"
No, Sinister said that Sabretooth's healing factor prevented him from being cloned, which is why he's never been shown with the Marauders after he left them the first time. (Although, with X-23 out there, they could conceivably retcon this... hmmm...)"
You're wrong..... X-Force #10.
"
That so? I haven't read that issue yet, but I know the Marauders appear. If he's with them, then I posit that the Sabretooth that Wolverine killed was a clone created by Romulus - hence, why he was found in a tank, and why he was less than articulate.
#16 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6206 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what may be interesting, if Sabretooth's head regenerates a new body, and his body a new head, the body that regenerates the new head would have no memories of being Sabretooth and thus a new character is born

#17 Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio

I always some back after getting my head chopped off

Staff
#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"I always some back after getting my head chopped off"
It's never stopped me either. I say it builds character.
#19 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
eganthevile1 said:
"You know what may be interesting, if Sabretooth's head regenerates a new body, and his body a new head, the body that regenerates the new head would have no memories of being Sabretooth and thus a new character is born"
Maybe his severed arm will grow a new Sabretooth too.
#20 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6206 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"eganthevile1 said:
"You know what may be interesting, if Sabretooth's head regenerates a new body, and his body a new head, the body that regenerates the new head would have no memories of being Sabretooth and thus a new character is born"
Maybe his severed arm will grow a new Sabretooth too."
Hey Deadpool regenerated from a hand
#21 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they could bring Dog Logan into the present and he could be the new Sabretooth?

#22 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Maybe they could bring Dog Logan into the present and he could be the new Sabretooth?"
No, there is only one Sabertooth
#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Truex said:
"No, there is only one Sabertooth"
Unless you count all the clones of him, and alternate reality counterparts.
#24 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

The real Sabretooth had an adamantium skeleton at that time, which he regained in the Weapon X series, so it can't have been the real one.
Not because of the beheading, because it would still be possible to cut between the ligaments, however it would be impossible to cut his forearms in half, so it can't have been the real deal.

Moderator
#25 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"The real Sabretooth had an adamantium skeleton at that time, which he regained in the Weapon X series, so it can't have been the real one.Not because of the beheading, because it would still be possible to cut between the ligaments, however it would be impossible to cut his forearms in half, so it can't have been the real deal."
Yes it can. Jeph Loeb said so. This guy says Giant-Man bites off people's head, Thor would sacrifice himself for some floosy and he gave us Red Hulk. Bendis has nothing on this guy.
#26 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it appears that he is but, don't fret he'll be back soon (can't wait) :)

#27 Posted by Razealim (30 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"The real Sabretooth had an adamantium skeleton at that time, which he regained in the Weapon X series, so it can't have been the real one.Not because of the beheading, because it would still be possible to cut between the ligaments, however it would be impossible to cut his forearms in half, so it can't have been the real deal."
if your talking about when wolverine cut sabertooths hand of shortly before he finally killed him he didnt cut through his forearm, he cut through the connective tissue of his wrist
#28 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
DFChewie said:
"John Valentine said:
"DFChewie said:
"John Valentine said:
"

There are Marauder Sabretooth clones in existence, but Creed Prime is dead.

"
No, Sinister said that Sabretooth's healing factor prevented him from being cloned, which is why he's never been shown with the Marauders after he left them the first time. (Although, with X-23 out there, they could conceivably retcon this... hmmm...)"
You're wrong..... X-Force #10.
"
That so? I haven't read that issue yet, but I know the Marauders appear. If he's with them, then I posit that the Sabretooth that Wolverine killed was a clone created by Romulus - hence, why he was found in a tank, and why he was less than articulate."
There are multiple Sabretooths.....
#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"DFChewie said:
"John Valentine said:
"You're wrong..... X-Force #10."
That so? I haven't read that issue yet, but I know the Marauders appear. If he's with them, then I posit that the Sabretooth that Wolverine killed was a clone created by Romulus - hence, why he was found in a tank, and why he was less than articulate."
There are multiple Sabretooths....."
The scene has multiple clones of the Marauders.  They're pretty much rabid like guard dogs that had been left to guard one of Sinister's old labs.  It's clear that none of the Sabretooths (Sabreteeth?) there are the real thing, and that all of the clones (although still deadly to most people) are vastly inferior to their originals. 

I'm pretty sure that Sabretooth is dead.  I'm also sure that they'll eventually find some unbelievable way to resurrect him. 
#30 Posted by BillyButcher (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing Exiles Sabretooth find his way into the 616 universe. See how Wolverine reconciles his memories of the murderous original with a more 'heroic' version of Creed.

#31 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: remember the sword he used. it cuts everything.





i think the reason they kill sabretooth is that they might be bringing romulus out of the shadows. finally
#32 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1: did he really??? Where??
#33 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio
No it doesn't.
It's a normal sword in every sense except it negates healing factors. Extremely stupid and unimaginative if you ask me.
That whole story-arc was one of the stupidest things i've ever read, heard about or seen in a movie.
Moderator
#34 Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
No it doesn't. It's a normal sword in every sense except it negates healing factors. Extremely stupid and unimaginative if ... [more]
2nded
Staff
#35 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
richardBriddick said:
@fesak: remember the sword he used. it cuts everything.i think the reason they kill sabretooth is that they might be ... [more]

this is true. IN the X men Origins i believe they are finally revealing romulus. I still dont see why they had to kill off sabertooth tho
#36 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak:  oh come on. the story wasnt that bad. i for one liked it. and remember that when logan gave the sword to cy he told him it was the only thing that could put him down...so there for it has to be able to kill creed too
#37 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio
richardBriddick said:
@fesak:  oh come on. the story wasnt that bad. i for one liked it. and remember that when logan gave the ... [more]
It was the single worst Wolverine arc I have ever read. What was up with the extremely pierced Wildchild? Seriously....
#38 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:  hahaha yeah that was really bad. he kinda looked gay too.
#39 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
No it doesn't. It's a normal sword in every sense except it negates healing factors. Extremely stupid and unimaginative if ... [more]
it slices things on a molecular lvl so it can cut just about anything with molecules  :P
#40 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, Sabretooth is dead, and I'm glad.  Wovlerine needs to have some progress in his life, and having that crazy animal finally dead is a good thing.  Now we can see other villains like Omega Red, Romulus, and Daken.  Wolverine: Origins is a pretty awesome (if violent) comic. 
Sadly, Marvel won't be able to handle keeping Victor dead.  He'll be back, to go kill everything good that came into Wolverine's life once more.

Wolverine: Origins #39

#41 Posted by Postacrat (499 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
" No it doesn't. It's a normal sword in every sense except it negates healing factors. Extremely stupid and unimaginative if you ask me. That whole story-arc was one of the stupidest things i've ever read, heard about or seen in a movie."

The sword is forged metal but infused with wolverines soul.  In fact wolverine cut a shiva down in the white house while he was tracking the President Secretary and Shiva robots are made....of Adamantium...your wrong 
#42 Edited by xanatos (37 posts) - - Show Bio
@Razealim said:

" fesak said:

"The real Sabretooth had an adamantium skeleton at that time, which he regained in the Weapon X series, so it can't have been the real one.Not because of the beheading, because it would still be possible to cut between the ligaments, however it would be impossible to cut his forearms in half, so it can't have been the real deal."

if your talking about when wolverine cut sabertooths hand of shortly before he finally killed him he didnt cut through his forearm, he cut through the connective tissue of his wrist 
dude his arm was  cut off at the elbow
#43 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

im fine with the comic book sabretooth's death, but i thought the movie sabretooth didn't actually get injured enough to kill him.  they should DEFINATELY bring him back.  
 

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is yes.

Moderator
#45 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be back eventually, we all know this. They killed him off because he was Wolverine's like fall back plan. Don't have a story... throw him at Sabertooth, so it got stale. There are ways they can bring him back but I feel they will keep him dead for a while because they honestly don't need him. The character itself got boring with just being an evil Wolverine but bigger. If the right story comes along, they will bring him back.

#46 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slinger: Starfishtooth?
#47 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.