Follow

Ryu

Character » Ryu appears in 202 issues.

Ryu is the main character of the Street Fighter series. He is one of the greatest fighters in the world. Along with Ken, he practices a fictional martial art rooted in an ancient assassination style that he learned from Gouken. He is a wandering warrior in search of becoming a "True Martial Artist".

Physical Stats

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PirateKing69

If Ryu was in marvel what would all of his physical stats be 

1. Strength 
    2. Int 
    3. Speed 
    4. Durabilty 
    5. Fighting Skills 

and how strong are his energy balls(cant spell to good lol)
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I was given a request to check this out. As I said earlier, I'm not a Ryu fanatic, but I'll see what I can do about this.
    If we're going by 7/7 style ranking, I'd say:

1. 3 for Intelligence - Very knowledgeable about the Martial Arts
    2. 3 for Strength - Strong enough to lift a huge boulder while training under Oro
    3. 3 for Speed - Quick enough to perform moves like the Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku and it's quicker version, the Shinkuu Tatsumaki.
    4. 3 for Durability - Can take a lot of punishment from tough fighters like Sagat and Hugo
    5. 3 for Energy - Strong enough a make a hole or a line in a waterfall (4/7 for the Evil Ryu)
    6. 7 for Fighting Ability - Always in the process of learning new styles and being adaptable, so skilled that he caught Bison's attention, which resulted Ryu in being on the lookout by Shadowlaw spies and agents, though he hardly cares about it. Defeated Sagat and became a Street Fighting Champion, though it was thanks to the Dark Hadou.
    Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree with your post besides on a few stats, and here is where I would change them...

Strength - He is at least on par with Spiderman, whom can lift around 10 tons. The boulder you mentioned Ryu lifting would've been in the multi-ton level, so his strength would actually be a 4, which is what Spiderman is around.

Speed - Ryu moves fast enough to dodge bullets & can cause sonic explosions with his fist, so I would say that's higher then a 3, at least a 4 here.

Durability - This is also a 4 simply because he has shown the ability to contend against "held back" Akuma, which says a lot considering that Akuma is powerful enough to sink islands already.

Energy - If you conclude that Evil Ryu is 4 out of 7, then Ryu is automatically 4 out of 7, because by Street Fighter III, he is as powerful as his Satsui-No-Hadou Ryu or Evil Ryu if you will. His Ki Manipulation here is amongst one of the absolute best in the SF world say for a few others who exceed him.

Fighting Ability - Genius here. He's fought over 10,000 fights throughout his 32 years, so his fighting capability here is amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.