Follow

Ryu

Character » Ryu appears in 202 issues.

Ryu is the main character of the Street Fighter series. He is one of the greatest fighters in the world. Along with Ken, he practices a fictional martial art rooted in an ancient assassination style that he learned from Gouken. He is a wandering warrior in search of becoming a "True Martial Artist".

Four Minutes Of Animated Street Fighter Released

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

How many Street Fighter fans are there here?   Eagle One Media has teamed with Capcom and plans to adapt the Street Fighter comics published by Udon Studios.  They take the actual artwork from the comics and add animation, voice-overs, special effects, etc.  Each DVD will have a run time of 65 to 80 minutes.

The first to be released, "Street Fighter Round One - FIGHT!" will be in stores on February 3, 2009.  This puts it out right before the February 27th release of "Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun Li."

Street Fighter: Round One - FIGHT!: Ryu and Ken set out to investigate the murder of their martial arts master. Their search for answers takes them to Japan where M. Bison and his assorted minions including Cammy, Vega, and Sagat keep a close eye on Ryu for reasons unknown. This draws the attention of up and coming Hong Kong Interpol agent Chun-Li and US Special Ops officer Guile who each bears their own personal grudge against the evil Shadaloo syndicate.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

Looks good to me.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
    That Looks Pretty Cool
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

i hope this whole moving comic book trend ends really soon and people actually stop being lazy and do some actual animation

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

Dan, i would have worded it differently, but i agree

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    pixelized said:
    "Dan, i would have worded it differently, but i agree"
    LOL
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think you guys are missing the concept.  They're not trying to say it's original. They're not claiming it's a full animated feature.  If so, they wouldn't release footage like this.  They'd try to sucker people into buying an animated DVD.  As consumers, you have the option to not buy something like this.  There's no way this will ever replace full blown animation.  I've seen other animated comics and I think they've had high production value.  It's not just about the animation.  Lots of work also go into the voice-overs, music, editing, etc.  It seems like you feel they're asking you to twist a puppy's tail or something.  If it brings more attention to comics, all the better.  Traditional paper-comics can't be easily replaced.  But if people are unaware there was a comic to begin with, the industry could get hurt.  I do worry about the comic medium at times.  I don't see something like this hurting it or the cartoon medium.  I think it's great that they feel it's worth the time and investment.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

I watch tv for the animation, Nice fluid movements and everything else that goes with it. I don't need someone to read the book to me.  I shall be utilizing that option not to buy this.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

Good for you.  At least that's settled.

This does give me an idea though...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.