The The Meiji Era's Greatest Swordsman wiki last edited by pikahyper on 04/26/14 05:11AM
View full history
A Collection of Volumes 1 - 3!
The Meiji Era's Greatest Swordsman
One hundred and fifty years ago in Kyoto, amid the flames of revolution, there arose a warrior, an assassin of such ferocious power he was given the title Hitokiri: Manslayer. With his bloodstained blade, Hitokiri Battōsai helped close the turbulent Bakumatsu period and end the reign of the shoguns, slashing open the way toward the progressive Meiji Era.
Then he vanished, and with the flow of years became legend.
In the eleventh year of Meiji, in the middle of Tokyo, the tale begins. Himura Kenshin, a humble rurouni, or wandering swordsman, comes to the aid of Kamiya Kaoru, a young woman struggling to defend her father's school of swordsmanship against attacks by the infamous Hitokiri Battōsai. However, neither Kenshin nor Battōsai are quite what they seem...
Volume 1: Meiji Swordsman Romantic Story
- Act 1: Kenshin • Himura Battōsai
- Act 2: Rurouni in the City
- Act 3: Tokyo Samurai
- Act 4: Kasshin-Ryū Reborn
- Act 5: The Fight Merchant
- Act 6: Face-Off: Sagara Sanosuke
Volume 2: The Two Hitokiri
- Act 7: Mark of Evil
- Act 8: And Then, Another
- Act 9: Kurogasa
- Act 10: One Sided of the Soul
- Act 11: The Ribbon That Binds
- Act 12: The Two Hitokiri
- Act 13: The Meaning of the Name
- Act 14: End Beneath the Moon
- Act 15: Beauty On the Run
Volume 3: A Reason to Act
- Act 16: Megumi, Kanryū, and...
- Act 17: The Oniwabanshū Strike
- Act 18: Team Kenshin
- Act 19: Daughter of Aizu
- Act 20: A Reason to Act
- Act 21: The Storm Breaks
- Act 22: Attack on Kanryū Mansion