wait wait... runaways is getting cancelled?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

i think runaways vol 3 might be getting cancelled. is it just not selling enough? if you look on the marvel catalog it only goes up to issue 14 which comes out wednesday, and if you go to marvel's subscription ordering site runaways isnt for sale anymore. 

does this mean what i think it means? are you okay with runaways getting cancelled or is this a terrible thing? 

i personally love runaways, so this is a little upsetting for me...

#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally..no offense :)

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24802 posts) - - Show Bio

i still love the scene in runaways where wolverine gets owned by a little girl
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91548 posts) - - Show Bio

Are yo surprised? The book sucked since Secret Invasion..even before that.Runaway fell all the way off.

#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

What!!!!

#6 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

no no no... i thought it was picking up again with the new artist and writer. yea, terry moores stuff was garbage, but the new stuff seemed like it was getting good. i just wish it would be amazing again like vol 2. i hope its not getting cancelled though

#7 Posted by Psyker star (3402 posts) - - Show Bio

i read some of the comics not that good i thought it would be cool but it wasn't

#8 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

ok vol 1 and 2 are SO good. after brian k vaughn left it got a little rocky...

#9 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

it 's been flatlining for a while. I've lost interest in nearly all the characters, can't say i'm sad to see them go.

#10 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I <3 the Runaways.   :( 
#11 Edited by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Quezada comfirmed it 2 days ago

#12 Edited by drdanny10293 (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

wow not again
#13 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

The world would be so much better if Xerox Kitty became a writer for Marvel.... lol

#14 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

who?

#15 Posted by drdanny10293 (2240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent: a another user here lol
#16 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: me too. im upset :( 

how you gunna bring gert back (i think) and then leave us hanging by cancelling the series? 
 hopefully theyll start something else. maybe dark reign: runaways haha
#17 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"The world would be so much better if Xerox Kitty became a writer for Marvel.... lol "
That's vary true
#18 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@drdanny10293 said:
" @Chaos Agent: a another user here lol "
damn that's supposed to be my area in this site and I had never heard of her, shame on me
#19 Posted by glforthewin (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it when brian k vaughan wrote it 

#20 Posted by Fake Shemp (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't really kept up with Runaways since Dead End Kids ended, but this is sad news :(  

Oh well, they haven't been the same since BKV left anyway.

#21 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

yea BKV is great i love his stuff

#22 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Agent said:
" who? "
smack yourself. XK is the shizz
#23 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio

:( 

I gotta admit, Runaways had gone down recently, but it was no excuse to cancel it.
They just needed a good writer, worthy enough and a good artist.

Hopefully the Runaways will continue to appear in future issues.

#24 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin said:
"i liked it when brian k vaughan wrote it  "

Yes. 

And Yost's one shot was really good. 

But everybody else has pretty much done a bad job on the book, even Joss.
#25 Posted by knurlagn (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel canceling runaways = EPIC FAIL 
If they committed a writer to the story for more than one arc i think it could really be good
#26 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Are you surprised? The book sucked since Secret Invasion..even before that.Runaway fell all the way off. "
#27 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Volume 1 and 2 were really good. Unfortunately, Volume 3 was pretty crummy from the start and I dropped it. It just wasn't the same book anymore. I'm sad to hear that it's cancelled, though, it might have bounced back eventually.

#28 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THEY CAN"T CANCEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF? I love runaways! :( 

@Zoom said:

" @glforthewin said:
Yes.  And Yost's one shot was really good.  But everybody else has pretty much done a bad job on the book, even Joss. "
Omg so not true!! I admit the book has gone downhill, but Joss's arc was the best of the whole seires!!!! 
#29 Edited by Psyker star (3402 posts) - - Show Bio
@Magick said:

" NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THEY CAN"T CANCEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF? I love runaways! :( 

@Zoom

said:

" @glforthewin said:

Yes.  And Yost's one shot was really good.  But everybody else has pretty much done a bad job on the book, even Joss. "
Omg so not true!! I admit the book has gone downhill, but Joss's arc was the best of the whole seires!!!!  "

It is because of Disney

#30 Posted by Magick (427 posts) - - Show Bio

how so? 

#31 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking cancelled cancelled or just another change up of authors and another version?

#32 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Magick said:
I admit the book has gone downhill, but Joss's arc was the best of the whole seires!!!!  "
False.  Joss's arc had everybody making up words and had a ridiculous time travel love tale and tons of senseless violence and death between characters whose existance didn't make sense in the given setting. 

Vaughan's orignal story arc, "Pride and Joy," was the best.
#33 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys seriously is it getting cancelled or can we expect another version sometime next year?

#34 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89 said:
" Guys seriously is it getting cancelled or can we expect another version sometime next year? "
I think it's supposed to be on hiatus until summer 2010, but who knows if it will actually come back?
#35 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: Okay so where we stand is were expecting another version but it could go either way
#36 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: Yes, I believe so. Unless someone knows otherwise. Sorry :(
#37 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: Well if it's expected back then I'm glad it's being cancelled, this version has been kinda crappy compared to the others, I mean the censorship has gone way up, the story telling doesn't make any sense, half the time you just randomly changed scenery and not known why so hopefully it gets an upgrade, at any rate I think the series deserves another chance and considering it's a cliff hanger as it is I'm guessing worst case scenario is a 6 issue closer to wrap things up and best case the comic gets back on track
#38 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: Honestly, I haven't really liked Runaways since Joss Whedon took over lol, he wasn't terrible but after that it just kept getting worse and worse. But the latest issue does end with a bit of a cliff-hanger, so I would kind of like that to be resolved.
#39 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: Yeah this is comic books not tv so I don't really seeing them cancelling the series based on one bad author which lack of sales is obviously his fault, I think the series deserves another chance and so would anyone in management I mean as long as it's profitable your not wasting anything in letting it continue  (which isn't always true of other mediums) so yea I think we have another chance even at worst case I mean if anyone in the company actually read the first 2 versions I can't see them letting it go like this
#40 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: I guess when summer 2010 rolls around we shall see.
#41 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: That's really going to suck waiting, I basically read the whole series this week... so months for a single issue then only 1 ever month is a real downgrade from 10+ a day lol
#42 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: Lol that's how I feel about trades. I read the whole thing in like a day to get caught up and then when I finally am I get so impatient for the next issue. But don't worry, you'll survive :)
#43 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: yeah it sucks especially when you don't know when, and if my comic store doesn't have it sometimes I just dl it and watch it on my psp because I don't feel like waiting (why the hell don't they just sell comics on psn, I mean it wouldn't cost them anything other then a spare person to scan all the pics and upload them and they'd get tons of profit both sony and the Marvel so why don't they) I usually do end up buying them even if I do that, less so with the mainstream comics though 
#44 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: I think most people prefer to read them on actual paper. But who knows? Maybe in the future it will be mostly digital? Even though I'm kinda hoping it isn't lol.
#45 Edited by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: I think comics are one of the rare things where both can exist peacefully together I mean there are already a lot of people who read comics off there psp but like you said some ppl still prefer paper and it's the collection thing about the paper too but there is a whole other set of ppl who just don't want to be bothered to go out and get dozens of issues who might like to get into it and psn is the prefect way to sell to those ppl you have to admit it would be a hell of a lot more convenient and digital copies wouldn't go up in price since they would have no collectors value so you could download any comic for it's original price while having minimal effect on the pricing of collectible comics 
#46 Posted by kimmycat (231 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDreamer89: Yeah, I can see your point. As long as they didn't do away with printed comics I wouldn't care lol.
#47 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimmycat: Like I said it's pretty much the only medium that works on both and since the majority of their fanbase is in physical plus the whole collectors thing theres no way they'd do away with it, I mean comics have survived competing with tv, books, comics have been around for decades longer then anyone would have guessed possible with all the other mediums we have, digital versions don't have the power to effect them that much, it would just introduce a whole new fanbase, and the psp is the prefect comic reader, plus the gaming industry is already dappling in comics and it's not like it'd take much space on their servers 2 large demos (well ps3 demos anyway) are more then the entire collection of amazing spider man lol, it would be more like reaching out to a whole new audience then replacing paper issues 
#48 Posted by AngelFrost (2797 posts) - - Show Bio
RUNAWAYS IS NOT CANCELLED

it is simply on hiatus while it is being 'retooled'. Also  
Kathryn Immonen and Sara Pichelli have become the new creative team. 
#49 Posted by Matezoide2 (15999 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
 The book sucked since Secret Invasion..
indeed

that Runaways/Young Avengers crossover at Secret Invasion was patetic,and thats coming from a Young Avengers fan
#50 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Good riddance to bad rubbish

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.