Follow

Runaways

Team » Runaways appears in 305 issues.

The Runaways are the children of The Pride, a super-powered crime ring that had control of Los Angeles for many years. After defeating their parents, the Runaways attempt to make up for their parent's sins by fighting crime in Los Angeles, being the city's official protectors.

Spoiler/Theory

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By Deadknight

From what I've heard in Runaways #14 Chase meets a girl who distinctly resembles Gertrude Yorkes, but she doesn't seem to have any idea who Chase is. 
    What I think might be happening is that Chase has stumbled across an ancestor of Gertrude, which is possible since her parents were time-travellers. It may be far-fetched to believe that an ancestor of Gertrude would look exactly like her, but stranger things have happened... 

Another possible theory however is that this second Gertrude is actually a long-lost twin sister (yeah, that'd be pretty cliche), who was given away since each member of the Pride was only allowed to have one child by order of the Gibborim. 

Those are at least my assumptions. Any comments?
    zabdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zabdi

I quite like the twin idea, but since it will undoubtly get a new writer if they bring the series back it could be changed to just about anything not neccessarily last writer intended

SupaMan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SupaMan64
    @Deadknight:  Or... maybe in the future, like after that event... Chase got a time machine and went back to stop Gert from dying. But the even hasn't happened yet as he hasn't used the time machine yet and that was the same, normal Gert .
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CellphoneGirl

What if someone just somehow brought her back from the dead?

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zombietag
    @Deadknight: no no. its definitely the whole team. if you look in issue 14, theres a dinosaur in the background in an alley thats just like old lace, although its just a silhouette. also, who hit chase? a white van with a long haired blonde kid driving. hmm. i think theres definitely some duplicate of the runaways team or something. but idk how it happened. either way, its definitely not just a twin or descendent but definitely more of the whole team.
    Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By Deadknight
    @zombietag:
    Sounds like a whole mess of time-traveling duplicates to me.
    TheDreamer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheDreamer89

My money is on time paradox duplicate, I mean after all theres already one paradox duplicate of her (the dead gert they buried who victor mortally wounded in the future) maybe at some point in that timeline there was a paradox of her that got stuck in the past and managed to make her way back not realizing the timeline has been altered (if thats the case it would be easy to have old lace be with her too)

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @zombietag: OMFG i never noticed the silhouette of Old Lace. Thanks :]

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.