Runaways Movie.

• 51 results
#1 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
According to recent interviews and press launches Brian .K. Vaughan has revelaed that a 'Runaways' movie is in the works and we could be seeing the teenage super-team on the big screen.

-[ As of May 2008, a film version of the comic is in the scripting state, with Brian K. Vaughan writing and Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production, producing. A 2011 release is tentative, and Fiege expects a finished script early 2009 Feige has said "In our discussions with Brian, we wanted him to be the person to bring it to life. I think it won't be a precise story line of any [of his comics], but certainly it will be most similar to the tone or origins of his structure in its initial run".. ]-

Sooo,

Are you excited about this movie?

Would you see it?

And most importantly,

Who would you cast in the main roles?

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Marvel must have sold their souls 'cause they're selling everything else.

#3 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

:O I think it's a good idea.

I'm speaking not just as a fan of Runaways

But all the other comic book movies like Iron Man, Hulk, even X-Men
really don't reach out to audiences.

Runaways is based on teenagers who run away from home because of their parents
and who doesn't want to see they're parents get their asses kicked? lol

So yeah, this is a movie which people can relate to more
so bring it on :)

#4 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be happy if they  cast actors that nobody knows. Like they're doing with the Star Trek movies. But the casting is crucial. I really liked Anna Paquin as Rogue and Hugh Jackman as wolverine was like perfect! As long as the script is solid and zac efron goes nowhere near this movie (he's in every movie with a teenager in it) then I'll be fine. But I don't get why they would change the storyline?!?!?!? It's perfect the way it is! Any other story would just be crap compared to the original book.

#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I....don't like the sounds of a Runaways movie. I love the comic a lot, but I just can't help but think that they'll cast the wrong people, lose the feel of the comic, and make it more action orientated.

#6 Posted by Dane (10606 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I can't think of anyone to cast as Nico, 2hot.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

bai ling, dur

#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking of :

Chiaki Kuriyama (Known for playing Gogo in the Kill Bill movies and in the upcoming Tekken film)

Valerie Tian (Known for playing Su Chin in Juno)

Julia Ling (Known for playing Anna Wu in Chuck)

#9 Posted by X-23/Elixir (33 posts) - - Show Bio

....Dakota Fanning.

#10 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio
X-23/Elixir said:
....Dakota Fanning.

she could do great. she was cool on Push, so if she lands a role here, that would be very good. But which one of them?
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

So... Dakota Fanning should be in a Runaways movie and Pixie?  Somebody's a fan :p

I think she's over-rated.  It's safer to go with unknowns.  People forget that Hugh Jackman had hardly been heard of when he was cast as Wolverine.  This is such a star stuck society that we're obssessed with casting popular stars.  I'd rather see people become popular through these characters... than see the characters become publuic figures through popular actors.

#12 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
So... Dakota Fanning should be in a Runaways movie and Pixie?  Somebody's a fan :pI think she's over-rated.  It's safer ... [more]
I don't think Dokota should be in the movie...
and I totally agree with xerox Kitty ... they should cast lesser known people, not 25 year olds who 'try' to pass as teenagers.

Taylor Momsen would make a great Karolina! ^^ She's not too well known and only 15 years old, yet she's a good actress.

#13 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: Ooh, I could totally see that Taylor girl as K! ^^
#14 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea.  Vaughn's initial Runaways story could have very well been a standalone story without the rest of the Marvel U.

#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Great idea.  Vaughn's initial Runaways story could have very well been a standalone story without the rest of the Marvel ... [more]
Soo true, it's just a very unique, enjoyable comic ^^ I think the movie will look amazing.
#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone watches Gossip Girl

#17 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio
AngelFrost said:
xerox-kitty said: So... Dakota Fanning should be in a Runaways movie and Pixie?  Somebody's a fan :pI think she's over-rated.  ... [more]

She's 15.... Woah!

Also for Molly how about her:

#18 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
sora_thekey said:
AngelFrost said: xerox-kitty said: So... Dakota Fanning should be in a Runaways movie and Pixie?  Somebody's a fan :pI think ... [more]
Ooooo, great choice ^^ I could soo see her as Molly.
and I have a suggestion for Gert . Mae Whitman

#19 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and I found another pefect pick!

He came out in Jurassic Park....
A little make up and he would be the perfect Old Lace.....

#20 Posted by laurax (47 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey:
Oh man! Thats the best
#21 Posted by Fleonix (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I could actualy See
Nico played by Brenda Song...........it would be cool to see her play this character and apart with her always smiling happy go lucky roles.

Later on.... it would be awesome if she was known for being Nico Minoru
PS. I have to admit i would also give my vote for Chiaki Kuriyama ;)

#22 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Sora.

#23 Posted by Personamanx (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know about a "Runaways" film. It sounds like something that could go Amazingly right or Insanely Horrible.

#24 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fleonix said:
" I could actualy See
Nico played by Brenda Song...........it would be cool to see her play this character and apart with her always smiling happy go lucky roles.

"
oooo, good choice   (:
I'd love Brenda as Nico
#25 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

She does have the long hair for it, so why not ^_^

#26 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy Daggs III   as Alex Wilder
Known for playing Wallace from the aclaimed tv show 'Veronica Mars'
#27 Posted by Bio Guyver (6855 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read their books. Are they any good? 

I'm sure if kids see the dinosaur in the trailer they'll jump into theaters.
#28 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" @Fleonix said:
" I could actualy See

"
oooo, good choice   (:I'd love Brenda as Nico"

Isn't she a little too perky for the role???
#29 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

2011 is coming really soon..... When will they start casting?

#30 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

" 2011 is coming really soon..... When will they start casting? "

Well hopefully, early 2010.
No recent news have been reported yet.  :/   
#31 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my cast for the girls :) 

Erika Toda as Nico Minoru/Sister Grimm
Mae Whitman as Gertrude York/Arsenic
Taylor Momsen as Karolina Dean/Lucy in the Sky
Adair Tishler as Molly Hayes
#32 Posted by ClockworkDrago (102 posts) - - Show Bio

that dude who plays liberty's brother in degrassi would make a  good choice for alex  

#33 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@ClockworkDrago said:
" that dude who plays liberty's brother in degrassi would make a  good choice for alex   "
...No.

Who on Degrassi can ACTUALLY act, for one? And secondly, he doesn't really look the part to me.
#34 Posted by ClockworkDrago (102 posts) - - Show Bio

it was the only non-stereotypical black actor teenage actor i could think of

#35 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @ClockworkDrago said:
" that dude who plays liberty's brother in degrassi would make a  good choice for alex   "
...No.  Who on Degrassi can ACTUALLY act, for one? And secondly, he doesn't really look the part to me. "
Draaaaaaaaaaaaake
#36 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @ClockworkDrago said:
...No.  Who on Degrassi can ACTUALLY act, for one? And secondly, he doesn't really look the part to me. "
Draaaaaaaaaaaaake "
Isn't that great of an actor, either.
#37 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Dakota Fanning should play them all. 

#38 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
"Dakota Fanning should play them all.  "

lol 

Because she's the only child actress whose name we know?
#39 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

So um since the movie is supposed to come out in like 2011, are they still making the movie, because they should have at least released news on who the actors are by now >.>

#40 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Still no new info, I hope it's still going, I hate it when things get scrapped and you never hear about it, I'm not that surprised that there isn't any new info on it though, they'll want to keep it quiet till they have some super awesome action scene to show off

#41 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope the Movie still goes underway.  :(   - even though  Marvel are focusing on Thor and X-Men , but they should still continue with Runaways.

I mean, it's like the Breakfast Club  but with a magic, aliens and gadgets.^_^  - I think the storyline will reach out to a lot of audiences.

#42 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost: I know, I'd rather them do a well-written budget movie with bad special effects then a poorly written blockbuster though you know, condensing the first version (the first 18 issues) into one movie isn't easy though but it's doable, anyways it's not one of those things that gets hype until it's done, or gets mentioned if cancelled... so basically we have no idea whats going on useless someone asks 
#43 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Runaways movie would work (Disney would want this so hard). It already has the right formula, add that and the merchandising it would pump out and its win-win. yep, cant see where it would be a bad idea at all. havent heard anything here outside rumor. only confirmed was Power Pack, even from The Mans mouth himself, but i think thats intended to be an animated direct to DVD (Runaways would also work there as well, but have a better reception in live action i think).

#44 Posted by Arsenic&Oldlace (1 posts) - - Show Bio

My Thought; 
Katie Leung as Nico Minoru 
Blake Livley asKarolina Dean 
Bella Thorne as Molly Hayes 
Chase Crawford as Chase Stien   
Zooey Deschanel  as Gertrude Yorkes

And im not sure who should play Alex....

#45 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio
@Arsenic&Oldlace: Amazing choices :D
#46 Posted by ASKwhy (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Sollett, director of Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, has been tapped by Marvel to direct the Runaways movie.

#47 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18858 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome :D

#48 Posted by TheDreamer89 (38 posts) - - Show Bio
@ASKwhy: lol whoever wrote that article has never read the comic lol, anyways glad for some new info and to know it wasn't secretly scrapped 
#49 Posted by Shanana (53174 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!!!!

#50 Posted by Dane (10606 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man, Runaways volume 1 was one of my all time fav. comic books. They should definitely make a movie of it if they can do it justice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.