Could YouTube's "Fred" Join the Runaways?

• 73 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 The kid... the character... the video-sharing phenomenon.

Maybe this is officially a sign that I’m getting too old, but I could only handle about 20 seconds of one of those “Fred” videos before I had to close the window. I hadn’t heard of Lucas Cruikshank before today, but apparently his character's a big hit on You Tube, with millions of users subscribing to his channel. Do we have any teens and tweens in the Comic Vine community who know all about this guy? He got his own movie on Nicklodeon. Power to him. That’s quite an accomplishment, but I don’t think I’ll be watching that or any more of these videos. Good lord, that voice…

Anyway, I bring Cruikshank up because Movie Web says he’s the second established actor, after Keke Palmer, who’s admitted to auditioning for Marvel Studios’ stealth sub… the RUNAWAYS movie.   Cruikshank didn’t reveal which specific character he auditioned for but, considering that there are only two guys in the Runaways’ line-up, I think it’s patently obvious that he auditioned for tech-whiz Chase Stein.   

His distinctive… energy and enthusiasm colored his description of  the experience.

"Oh, my gosh! I want to be in [RUNAWAYS!] Yeah. Those comic books are awesome. So that would be sweet. I auditioned for that a couple months ago, but I don't know."   

Thanks to Johnie619 for the heads up on this.  

Do you figure that the kids’ energy would lend itself to this wayward super-teen? I suppose there’s already a whole channel of his material for you to see if he fits. Think of this “Fred” video below as his audition, and you, the Comic Vine community, are the casting department...  

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of    HYBRID BASTARDS!  &   UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon here & here .

#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd type what I just screamed out, but I can't, because of CV's no cussing rule.

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never heard of him before. Millions are subscribing to his channel to watch this? I just lost all my faith in humanity.

#3 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen this idiot on Tosh.0. Needless to say I can't stand the site of him.

#4 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

What is this... i don't even

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"I have never heard of him before. Millions are subscribing to his channel to watch this? I just lost all my faith in humanity. "

It took you till just now?
#6 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Cripes. This is bad.

#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
"I have never heard of him before. Millions are subscribing to his channel to watch this? I just lost all my faith in humanity. "
It took you till just now? "
I tried to be optimistic. That voice is so annoying.
#8 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I know him. He's terrible. Most of his fans are from the ages of 3-13. If he's in the 'Runaways', I will boycott the film.
#9 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

OH GOD NO!!! I hate him with a burning passion!!!! He is not funny!

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume this is not his regular voice, right?

#11 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" I assume this is not his regular voice, right? "
Heh, that would be hilarious if it was. He'd have to be a eunuch, or something.
#12 Posted by Namor1987 (1879 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
" I've seen this idiot on Tosh.0. Needless to say I can't stand the site of him. "
Agreed I hate that little $#!* f@&%
#13 Posted by kittenpride (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please god no. As Chase?! HOW?! With the Nickelodeon kids I hope it'll at least be PG-13...

#14 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, let's have Megan Fox play Molly Hayes while we're at it...

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" I assume this is not his regular voice, right? "
Heh, that would be hilarious if it was. He'd have to be a eunuch, or something. "
If it was his real voice, I wouldn't even consider watching this movie.
#16 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" Sure, let's have Megan Fox play Molly Hayes while we're at it... "
LOL
#17 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY FRED'S DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!!!!!

#18 Edited by AmazingSpiderMike (144 posts) - - Show Bio

This kid needs to go away, just like William Hung. 
#19 Posted by Abjekt (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my life, I despair.

#20 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be terrible. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously in the movie.  

#21 Posted by CaptainGenisVell (285 posts) - - Show Bio

For the love of God, I hope he can't act! and that those who are casting have the comics at heart otherwise, one of my favourite teams could have him as Chase?! :O

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11704 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:
i know right
#23 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11704 posts) - - Show Bio

finally an actor of TRUE runaways quality. 

lol kidding 

i dont even read runaways
#24 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey if Marvel likes him who are we to dispute that.

#25 Edited by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

If only you could see my horrified face right now...  O_O (<<)x100
At least I hope this was not how he auditioned... and got the part (if he did get the part)

#26 Posted by CrazyAsAFox (298 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll ruin the film if they cast him..

#27 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this kid gets AIDS and his parents' genitals wither.

#28 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8751 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he is not in the movie. I love this comic book and I want to have good actors in it. 

#29 Posted by Redfield (22 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets into this movie I'll have to quote Glen the penguin from Surf's Up: Can I get in line to NOT see it?
#30 Posted by Ms. Omega (4192 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh that makes me want to shoot myself

#31 Posted by Chase_Paramore (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's cast as just a cameo appearance and gets killed with 5 seconds!
#32 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Fred's earlier episodes, me and my friends watched him. I don't mind him, but the idea of him being in a real movie that's not about his character sickens me.
#33 Posted by zombietag (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

kill me.

#34 Posted by MatKrenz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh F@*K no he shoudn't be in this movie.Now this is just me being a slight fanboy since Chase is my favorite Runaway and I hate his videos but there are real reasons why he shouldn't be in this movie.One good thing I could say in his favour is that he has energie but thats it everything else he does he's annoying.Now Chase in the beginning was annoying to since the rest of the team and we the readers were like "Come on dude your parents are supervillains,go and defeat them." but when we learned why he always thought he was wrong,wich was his dad always beating him we understood why he acted like that in the beginning of the series.Also the first time we see Chase in the series he's insulting his dad wich is a trait I can relate to but I don't see Lucas doing that in real life to his dad,hell I don't see him doing anything like Chase does in the series not even playing lacross.

#35 Posted by DannoMan (42 posts) - - Show Bio

To quote Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and others:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

#36 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio

"could youtube's Fred join the Runaway's?"

hmm... sure.

Will it make me want to watch the movie?

absolutely not.

#37 Edited by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be a terrible idea on Marvel's end. They will make fans lose all but little faith in Marvel studios if they pass him as on of the Runaways.Bad,Bad idea.

#38 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#39 Posted by The Lobster (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!!!!

...what the...the...NO!!!!

This is a terrible idea....NO MARVEL NO!!!!! Don't support this talentless hack!!!

If this happens then I'm going to tweak, and I am not ******ing pretty when I ******ing tweak!!!

#40 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:

As have I. As have I. Sad Face.

Also, NO! I don't want them EFFIN' UP THE RUNAWAYS MOVIE FOR ME!

#41 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes funny but that voice it gets old fast.. In fact he himself says he doesn't recommend people watching Fred to many times 

As for acting... Um, I guess it couldn't hurt but a comedy run nothing serious or we'll get another FAIL

First was Justin Beiber as a "rebel" kid.. Even my little sister acts more like rebel than him. Now Fred. Lets hope is a comedy role

#42 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just no.
oh my God, no.

#43 Posted by Shanana (52681 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE FRED!!!

#44 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

...oh lord..what is wrong with people today?

#45 Posted by ecm1285 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

AHG! I hate this kid!  So far, I do not have high hopes for this movie......

#46 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

urgh

I really hope this is just a rumor

I mean, I'd like to think this kid can act

but I really don't have very high hopes for this casting

#47 Posted by S2333 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Urgh. That voice annoyed me. It is mainly kids aged 9 - 12 who find him funny. I can see it as a Nickelodeon show, it is just garbage.

#48 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Runaways is one of my favorite comic book properties of all time.  Is the mere presence of this f***-twit enough to make me not go see a movie adaptation of the book that first got me into comics? 

Yes, yes it is.

#49 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Apply head to the nearest desk or hard surface for maximum relief.

That is all

#50 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

ooh lord...no...no...no... please no... a runaways movie would be awesome but with fred?....well that might just ruin the movie....oh god i hope not...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.