What skills do Arsenal possess that Redhood doesn't?

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

What skills do Roy possess that Jason Todd lacks? I mean, when I first heard they were teaming up, I couldn't figure out what Roy brought to the table that Jason didn't. As far as I can tell, they're both ex-sidekicks dressed in red & with chips on their shoulders with similar fighting styles only Jason's is superior because he was trained in martial arts by Batman & Talia Al'Ghul's forces PLUS uses guns instead of bows and arrows, which kinda makes Roy "Redhood light" doesn't it?

So yeah, what I would like to know is what exactly does Roy contribute to the Outlaws team that Jason can't or doesn't already? Starfire's the powerhouse obviously, but I can't figure out what Roy can do that Jason can't do better. The only idea I can think of is if Roy has access to Green Arrow's old trick arrow technology, ya know, sticky arrows, cryonic arrows, etc.

#2 Posted by divingfalcon713 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinestro2828: I've been wondering the same thing. They're both normies and like you said the only difference is in their weapons of choice and Jason's better h2h skills. In Lobdell's interview with Newsarama he says issue #5 will show how awesome Roy is and that he's more than just a sidekick to Jason.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/the_dark_huntress/scott-lobdell-interview-with-newsarama/87-74693/

#3 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@divingfalcon713 said:

@Sinestro2828: I've been wondering the same thing. They're both normies and like you said the only difference is in their weapons of choice and Jason's better h2h skills. In Lobdell's interview with Newsarama he says issue #5 will show how awesome Roy is and that he's more than just a sidekick to Jason.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/the_dark_huntress/scott-lobdell-interview-with-newsarama/87-74693/

Cool! Thanks for the link, I'll check out :D

And yeah, exactly! Its not that I have anything against Roy or find his skills lacking, its just that he and Jason seem too similar in terms of skillsets, most hero teams tend to be more balanced out with different heroes bringing different abilities to the table that others don't, making for more variety. And since Jason's fighting skills & weapons are clearly better than Roy's its hard to tell what exactly Roy adds to the Outlaws that Jason can't or doesn't, its almost like having two of the same guy on the team only one's better trained and better armed (if Roy had trick arrows like Green Arrow then that would compensate for him lacking the superior stopping power and firing rate of Jason's guns, but otherwise...Shrugs).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.