What happend to Roy Harper

#1 Edited by Hippygoweee (10 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/roy_harper/105-1040366/

What happend to him in This issue!!!! thats scary as shit

#2 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

It was "Justice League Cry for Justice" #5 and in the issue it's hard to say who did it to him.

#3 Posted by Hippygoweee (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze: Please tell me who did it to him!!!
#4 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the artwork in Cry for Justice #5

#5 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Roy better buy a crossbow.
#6 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio

a Cry for Justice has had some of the most out of character crap ever.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: like what?
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

from the look of things it was Freddy Freeman under Prometheus' control
#9 Posted by cjhanz (178 posts) - - Show Bio

i wana know too man farr we need some spoilers roys kicks ass this cant happen to him. hes always getting a shit deal first drugs then getting written out of jla, kendra dies and then finally he gets his frigin arm yanked off wat the hell honestly. all the while dick gets on fine as batman that sucks  
#10 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hippygoweee: 

The issue doesn't say definitively.
#11 Posted by cjhanz (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze:
NOOOOOOO! oh well hes prity much the man anyway  
#12 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else notice the Gaurdian's expression when Ollie swears for payback done to Roy? Does this mean the two are related again?

#13 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"from the look of things it was Freddy Freeman under Prometheus' control "

I would say Supergirl
#14 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: Like what?
#15 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog said:
" @Dane: Like what? "
like Hal Jordan and the Atom torturing Prometheus?
#16 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: I disagree with you I think it was well with in there character. The point of this story is that this team has had enough of the villeins BS and are actively seeking them out instead of waiting until they do something.
besides there was no permanent damage from what they did
#17 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog said:
" @Dane: I disagree with you I think it was well with in there character. The point of this story is that this team has had enough of the villeins BS and are actively seeking them out instead of waiting until they do something. besides there was no permanent damage from what they did "
Those characters have been around since the silver age and they never resorted to that. I don't know how you think it's in-character or if you could give me another example of Justice Leaguers torturing and maiming villains.
#18 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see heroes on the other side of the coin. Not everyone is Superman and stuff. Usually when you have characters that do things that are disagreeable, it's always to the extreme. So you have dudes like Punisher that kill and maim villains, but you don't ever have someone with morals that are geared to take the proactive, but still be considered a superhero and not an anti-hero, y'know? With comics the moral compass usually points in the same direction for most heroes, and then those who aren't pointing in that direction are pointing in the opposite direction, the contrast between the two gets annoying, not everyone has the same morals or values.

Torture, as tough of a concept as it is, some people believe it works, that it's needed to fight evil and villainy [and terrorism]. It's a touchy subject, but the fact that we have Hal and Ollie becoming proactive instead of reactive, I don't see a problem with it. They're resorting to new methods to get the job done before the bad happens. It's like Guantanamo Bay, not everyone wants it to be shut down, but not everyone wants it to go away, either.

#19 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: who did they maim?
#20 Posted by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Watch Dog said:
" @Dane: who did they maim? "
um didnt the Atom expand himself inside Prometheus' (Clayface's) brain?

that isn't particularly heroic.
#21 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: No it was his sinus. So when the Atom left so did the sinus pressure so there was no permanent damage.
#22 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Freddy did it :(???????
#23 Posted by The_Crow4 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but i think it had to do with Captain Marvel. Like I said, not sure.
#24 Posted by Griffin_2099 (571 posts) - - Show Bio

It was Promethius disguised as Captain Marvel.
#25 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

He got owned

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.