Loving the new Arsenal

#1 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read the 3rd issue of Rise of Arsenal. It's great. 4.5/5 the new Arsenal is so dark. I feel bad for him.

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Rise of arsenal single handely destroyed everything Roy Harper ever was. I spit on DC editorial

#3 Posted by Nowhere Lad (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. This comic makes me want to retch.

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hating this comic ALOT.

#5 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this comic is just the road to getting him back to Outsiders era Arsenal.  I like him a lot more when he's Arsenal.  Red Arrow is just a Green Arrow knock off, while Arsenal is something Roy has that is all his own. 

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" I really hope this comic is just the road to getting him back to Outsiders era Arsenal.  I like him a lot more when he's Arsenal.  Red Arrow is just a Green Arrow knock off, while Arsenal is something Roy has that is all his own.  "
He is joining Deathstroke's titans so no such luck
#7 Posted by Nowhere Lad (34 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS is pretty much the "new" Arsenal.  

http://LevyRasputin.deviantart.com/art/RISE-OF-ARSENAL-165561690

#8 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it when they take characters and beat them down as far as they can go...then you get to see that character come back even better....it's not all rainbows and lolly pops for these characters....they're doing dangerous things and bad things happen...what's happening to Roy right now is no different then what happens to a lot of real life people who go through major trauma

#9 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I love it when they take characters and beat them down as far as they can go...then you get to see that character come back even better....it's not all rainbows and lolly pops for these characters....they're doing dangerous things and bad things happen...what's happening to Roy right now is no different then what happens to a lot of real life people who go through major trauma "
exactly, I love to see how he is going through all these issues... dealing with his daughters death and going nuts with drugs. It's good stuff, his fight with Dick was good. JT Krul is great.
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Roy ate a cat..that's reason for me enough not to touch this ever again.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Roy ate a cat..that's reason for me enough not to touch this ever again. "
Heroin is a hell of a drug
#12 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Roy ate a cat..that's reason for me enough not to touch this ever again. "
hahahahaha yeah it totally looked like he took a bite into that poor feline!
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" Rise of arsenal single handely destroyed everything Roy Harper ever was. I spit on DC editorial "
Single... handedly....

Ha.  Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

with great shame I admit that I didn't realize the pun until you mentioned it
#16 Posted by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone have scans of the cat thing?

#17 Posted by Nowhere Lad (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@kareem said:

" does anyone have scans of the cat thing? "

Why as a matter of fact... 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lunar_archivist/lianharperdiedforthis001.jpg    
#18 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Except heroin does not work that way.
#19 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benuben said:
@danhimself: Except heroin does not work that way.
doesn't work what way?
#20 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

In the way, how it worked in that story.

#21 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Now he didn't eat the cat, he just thought that it was his dead daughter. Because that totally happens.
#22 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this story but at the same time hated what it did to Roy's character. It ruins everything that is so unique to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.