Follow

Roy Harper

Character » Roy Harper appears in 2187 issues.

Green Arrow's first sidekick Speedy, and later Arsenal, and then Red Arrow, Roy Harper has grown to become one of the most accomplished marksmen and heroes in the DC Universe. Roy now goes by the name Arsenal once more.

Linkara Reviews "Rise of Arsenal"

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Edited By JonesDeini

Way to be a grade
    Way to be a grade "A" d-bag, Roy boy... 
    Easily one of the worst things I've read since my return to comics. Like really? How does DC allow one of it's characters to be butchered this bad? Now whenever I see Krul's name I can't help but vomit in my mouth a bit and be overcome with homicidal berzerker rage. Anyway's great review for a terrible, horrid, despicable comic
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

I refuse to read it. I understand that character development doesn't always take a step forward, but this is so far from where the character should be heading. The death of Lian was PIS at it's absolute worst. The returning to drugs was totally backwards. After everything he fought for, after the years of being a positive role model DC threw that away. He's gone to a terrible place and it's horrible to read. So I don't.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aiden Cross

i don't like where the character went, BUT having said that.. the story was well witten, and it totally made sense. And i thnk the writer did a great job on portraying the characters.
    Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

#3  Edited By Blurred View

The saddest thing for me about all this was that I actually really LIKED the idea of Roy losing his arm. I always knew that Roy had peaked with being Red Arrow on the Justice League and would/should drop back to being Arsenal eventually. The idea of him doing so by becoming a one-armed badass was... rather awesome. IF any character in the DCU could pull that off, it was probably Roy. So I remember seeing that page where he staggers out missing an arm and thinking "...Wow. Something interesting may actually come out of this incomprehensible disaster of a story." 

...Then the rest of the story played out. Then Rise of Arsenal played out. This potentially cool idea got buried in stupid stuff like Lian's death, a ridiculously excessive body count in Star City, a fall back into drag addiction, a dead cat and a damn cyborg arm. That's what made it so maddening for me. Rather than be 100% crap, there was this glimmer of possibly good character development in there being stomped all over.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@Blurred View: Agree 100%. If it had all been sh!t and a terrible idea from the very beginning, I wouldn't care so much, I'd have braced myself. But there was that small chance that something really cool and awesomely badass would come from this and it didn't at all.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Both Cry For Justice, The Fall of Green Arrow, and The Rise of Arsenal were the most ridiculous stories to come out last year/year before. The first half of Cry for Justice was good (despite some weird conversations (Hal Jordan's threeway)), and Roy losing an arm was cool, but afterward, it just went downhill. Lian dying, Roy going back to drugs, joining Deathstroke's Titans....it just ridiculous. Roy deserves better.

Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

#6  Edited By Blurred View
    @The Dark Huntress: I was holding onto hope for awhile that someone would come along and try to salvage the situation. Sober Roy up, junk the cheap robo-arm and most importantly, resurrect Lian. Then do what DC should have done from the start. Instead, DCnU is going to do whatever it's going to do. Roy will have two arms again, which is kind of bitterly funny considering all of the creative contortions it sounds like DC is going to do to get around Barbara Gordon's disability. I'm not really comforted, though. Like I said, I'm fine with one-armed Roy. Giving him back his own arm doesn't fix things. Giving him back his daughter fixes things.
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Aiden Cross
    @Blurred View: the robo arm was a bad idea indeed. But i think Roy having a relapse is not such a bad idea, it happens in real life as well and with his daughter dead i can see that happening. The whole going evil thing is just dumb in my opinion.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Dark Huntress:  
    I read the first 3 issues and I just couldn't do it anymore...It hurt too much.  

@Duo_forbidden said:
    Both Cry For Justice, The Fall of Green Arrow, and The Rise of Arsenal were the most ridiculous stories to come out last year/year before. The first half of Cry for Justice was good (despite some weird conversations (Hal Jordan's threeway)), and Roy losing an arm was cool, but afterward, it just went downhill. Lian dying, Roy going back to drugs, joining Deathstroke's Titans....it just ridiculous. Roy deserves better.
    Bingo. No words for how terribly retarded those stories all are. Plot-holes and inconsistencies left and right. 
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I read this instore. It was hilarious, or at least it would be if it wasn't in continuity. 

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    I read this instore. It was hilarious, or at least it would be if it wasn't in continuity. 
    I actually bought the first two issues :(
    Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Benuben
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonesDeini
    Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Inverno

I actually bought the third issue of this crap out of curiosity because one of my friends said some really terrible things about it such as Roy having hate-sex with Cheshire, being unable to get up, protecting a dead cat thinking its his daughter and Batman casually kicking in the face while saying "I am you friend"; when he told me about that, I thought he was making that up and decide to check it out. I was absolutely speechless when I actually read that I let that comic over my table for a few minutes trying to digest what the f*** did I just read.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@CaioTrubat: "Hate-sex" is the best term I've ever seen ever on CV.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inverno

@InnerVenom123 said:

LMAO.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JonesDeini

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think it's the only kind featured in 90% of modern superhero comics...

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Inverno

@JonesDeini said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think it's the only kind featured in 90% of modern superhero comics...

O___o

Why is that lol?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.