Are they messing up Roy harper

Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92445 posts) - - Show Bio

Plain and simple? F*ck yes. 

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

you mean actually using him as something other than a red Green Arrow?  then yes they're totally screwing him up by making him interesting

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92445 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" you mean actually using him as something other than a red Green Arrow?  then yes they're totally screwing him up by making him interesting "
If by interesting you mean taking a character who had overcome a drug problem and turning him into a complete mess after the complete BS death of his daughter then yeah...they're doing a remarkable job.  

There are other ways to make characters interesting without actually wrecking the character. 
Moderator Online
#5 Posted by SC (12686 posts) - - Show Bio

Roy Harper's recent character developments? Sound idea, lacking somewhat in execution, an unfortunate albeit common problem in comics, especially involving characters with red hair and drugs, ain't that right Mary Jane he said. 

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much. God, I miss the old Roy when he was with the Outsiders. He was doing a good job raising his daughter.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
" Pretty much. God, I miss the old Roy when he was with the Outsiders. He was doing a good job raising his daughter. "
YES
Moderator Online
#8 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:

" Roy Harper's recent character developments? Sound idea, lacking somewhat in execution, an unfortunate albeit common problem in comics, especially involving characters with red hair and drugs, ain't that right Mary Jane he said.  "

This. 
The idea is fine, the killing of Lian was a little grotesque, but Roy going pseudo-Punisher made sense, only it hasn't been pulled off well at all.
#9 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#10 Posted by WarMachine168 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

True that, I really don't know why they made him leave young justice. I like him as lone wolf sometimes, but for some trying replace him is not cool at all.

#11 Posted by Icarusflies (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I hate what they did with him.

Totally unnecessary, waste of SEVERAL good characters.
Primarily Lian.
#12 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

they killed lian that made him go crazy i hope i they fix his sanity and  bring lian back i like the new uniform thoe
#13 Posted by whoohoo789 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

YES HE MUST STAY RED ARROW HE CANT BE THAT MUST BE. HE AINT THAT MUCH OF A CRIMANEL HE CANT BE SUPER WANTED HE MUST BE LIKE PRE-FLASHPIONT ROY. JUST LIKE HOW THE NEW 52 F%$CKD UP THE OTHER DC HEROS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.