Full comic page scans

#1 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

In the HELP tutorial, it states that full comic page scans are forbidden. However I have had 2 full comic page scans approved already. One in my "Comics that I have lettered" image gallery and one in my "Images sent to friends" image gallery.

Could someone please explain why this is the case?

Rx

#2 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

You can upload whatever you want to your own galleries, there's nothing that regulates it other than the size of the image. You aren't supposed to post full page scans anywhere tho.

#3 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, Slinger! Good to hear from you.

The full comic page scans that I put in my galleries are ones that I found on other websites, so I guess they are pretty small. Now I'm thinking that the sketches in my "Sketches" image gallery may be really large. I'll see if I can make them a more manageable size. Thanks!

Rx

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.