Follow

Roxanne Starr

Person » Roxanne Starr is credited in 142 issues.

American comic book letterer and all-round amazing gal.

Atlanta comics community

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Roxanne Starr

The past is prologue. I'll give you my introduction first. At present I am a manager at Oxford Comics, the largest comic retailer in the Southeast. I've also been an art director, graphic designer, comic book letterer and advertising illustrator. I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Velcro who has quite a reputation among the Atlanta comics community in his own right. I rescued him from Jim Royal, the inker, who couldn't deal with Velcro's endless shenanigans and bad behavior. Atlanta metro is full of comic book artists and writers. Laura Martin, the colorist, and her husband live in my neighborhood...but some artists, like Mark Brooks and Paul Jenkins, live far away in the suburbs and don't come to town that often. Other artists who live here include Georges Jeanty, the Buffy artist, Dexter Vines, inker extraordinaire, Adam Hughes, Cully Hamner, Brian Stelfreeze, Steve Scott, Tom Feister, Stephanie Gladden, Rich Tommaso and Bob Burden (of course). This list is far from complete. My apologies to all the artists who don't come to mind at this moment.

Rx

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Silkcuts

Great list, you should add them to the ATL page like I did the Toronto artist with the Toronto page.
    ADAM HUGHES is the man. Please tell him thank you for all his wonderful covers.
    Paul Jenkins may just be the most underrated Hellblazer writer, he gets no reprint love.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Silkcuts said:
    Great list, you should add them to the ATL page like I did the Toronto artist with the Toronto page. ADAM HUGHES is the man. Please tell him thank you for all his wonderful covers. Paul Jenkins may just be the most underrated Hellblazer writer, he gets no reprint love.
    Sorry, Silk, I just now saw this post from 10 months ago. 

You can write about Atlanta if you want...but  I'd much rather see  the Wiki we were talking about.  :-) 

I put "Atlanta" in the search box and I got Atlanta as a locale for an X-Men comic...not an actual geographic location. :(
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Roxanne Starr: Its cool.
    As for the wiki I am brainstorming how I want to approach the tone.  I don't want it sounding to beatnik or snotting or fake. I want it perfect for you.
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cosmo111687

And me! You forgot me, Roxanne! :D

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @cosmo111687:  

Oooooooooooooops! Sorry, cosmo!!! 

Ahem...and then there is also cosmo111687...I GIANT in the comic book industry!
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Silkcuts said:
    @Roxanne Starr: Its cool. As for the wiki I am brainstorming how I want to approach the tone.  I don't want it sounding to beatnik or snotting or fake. I want it perfect for you.
    Just the facts, Silk! No opinions.

I know that Wikis are considered "editorial" writing...but DON'T editorialize! 

Take a look at the ComicVine Wiki that I wrote about myself. It is a perfect example of what a Wiki SHOULDN'T be. :-)
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Roxanne Starr said:
    @Silkcuts said:
    @Roxanne Starr: Its cool. As for the wiki I am brainstorming how I want to approach the tone.  I don't want it sounding to beatnik or snotting or fake. I want it perfect for you.
    Just the facts, Silk! No opinions.

I know that Wikis are considered "editorial" writing...but DON'T editorialize! 

Take a look at the ComicVine Wiki that I wrote about myself. It is a perfect example of what a Wiki SHOULDN'T be. :-)
    ^_^
    Okay.  Keep it cold and calculated.
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Silkcuts:  

Yeah, just like me. Cold and heartless. 

And don't mention Velcro. People will think you are crazy.  ^_^
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Roxanne Starr: Okay, no mention of how you have the most notorious dog in the comic book circle.
    Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roxanne Starr
    @Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: Okay, no mention of how you have the most notorious dog in the comic book circle.

It might embarrass certain artists like Tony Harris or Bob Burden who have been bested by my beast. They may take offense and think that they are being portrayed as being somewhat slow.  :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.