Rorschach Respect Thread!

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

How has this not been done yet? Shocking! Anyway, here is to the BA that is Rorschach. Secretly all the Watchmen, including Dr. M work for him because notice how Rorschach told Dr. M to kill him and he complied. It is also my belief, that he let himself get caught just so Nite Owl and Silk would have something to do.

"Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon!"
#2 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

He is brilliant, favorit qoute from the movie: None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!!!

#3 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

My feelings about Rorschach when I first read Watchmen as a teen are really different from they are now at 31.

As a teen, yeah Rorschach was awesome. He didn't care what anyone else thought and pursued his goals relentlessly. No one was safe from him.

As an adult, I look at the other side or Rorschach. He's a broken man. He has no true friends and (until the murder of the Comedian) is waging a war against...nothing. He roams the street with a crackpot end of the world sign. True, he follows the leads, kicks the tail, and works with the team, but that's all he has. And it doesn't last. In the end, Rorschach has to be put down at the hands of a former friend and ally when he tries to destroy the ONLY semblance of good that could have come out of the book's horrors. In the end, Rorschach is practically the one bringing about "the end" that he's ranted about.

#4 Posted by Wolfrazer (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

Still doesn't make him any less of a good character though.

#5 Posted by blackout3590 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach is so damn underestimated! I think part of that is there isn't as much Rorschach as there is batman or other superheroes. He's only been in watchmen and before watchmen thats it

he's much more of a badass than most people realize

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.