Jackie Earle Haley

#1 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone else think he should be up for an award with his performance as Rorschach in Watchmen

#2 Posted by Bio Guyver (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so. Just not the big ones.

#3 Posted by Acheron (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him getting nominated for something. Dunno about winning, it's too early to tell.

He really did put on a badass performance.

#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4514 posts) - - Show Bio

He did a damn fine job, good to see a child actor still making it in the biz and not driving around on a tour bus on VH1 talking about what went wrong with his life.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
Shatterstar said:
"He did a damn fine job, good to see a child actor still making it in the biz and not driving around on a tour bus on VH1 talking about what went wrong with his life.
"
LOL.
#6 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

He did an excellent job of rorschach i was worried that he wouldnt pull it off but he did and it was great.

#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It was nothing special, IMO. His Clint Eastwood impression is pretty good, but not award-worthy.

#8 Posted by Lady Rorschach (8 posts) - - Show Bio

He was fantastic :)

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Jackie did a great job...
#10 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

He did a good job, but not award good

#11 Posted by Bio Guyver (6842 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see him winning an MTV or Spike award.

#12 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a spot-on representation, and that's part of the problem.  Academy and other hoity-toity awards tend to hand out more often to actors who 'inject' something into the characters they play.  That's why Jim Carrey wasn't even nominated for playing Andy Kaufman, even though he pulled it off perfectly.

#13 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, would watchmen be too adult for a smart 12 year old who's read halfway through the book and has seen some pretty voilent movies before? because i is still undecideds.

#14 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Jet jaguar said:
"wait, would watchmen be too adult for a smart 12 year old who's read halfway through the book and has seen some pretty voilent movies before? because i is still undecideds."
Read the whole book. Wait until the movie comes out on DVD.
#15 Posted by Jet jaguar (2346 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Jet jaguar said:
"wait, would watchmen be too adult for a smart 12 year old who's read halfway through the book and has seen some pretty voilent movies before? because i is still undecideds."
Read the whole book. Wait until the movie comes out on DVD.
"
oh darn i thought no one'd reply so i made a topic for this question! and thank you for the advice, i was already thinking that but someone agreeing helps confirm it as a good idea.
#16 Posted by MasterOfReality71 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant performance, but not award worthy, I think.

#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
MasterOfReality71 said:
"Brilliant performance, but not award worthy, I think.
"
agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.