Follow

Ronald Reagan

Character » Ronald Reagan appears in 546 issues.

Ronald Reagan was the 40th president of the U.S. He was a member of the US military during the Second World War. He had various appearances in comic books issues.

What to do with this database entry?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

Entry for Ronald Reagan: 

Ronald Reagan was a great intellectual conservative leader that led America to victory against the Soviets in the Cold War with his Reaganomics 

Now I was barely even alive when Reagan was in office, but the overwhelming opinion of those outside of the USA is not that Reagan was one of the best presidents ever.  Should CV just have a link to Wikipedia for real life entries like this, and then include his comic appearances?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
    @RazzaTazz said:
    " Entry for Ronald Reagan:  Ronald Reagan was a great intellectual conservative leader that led America to victory against the Soviets in the Cold War with his Reaganomics  Now I was barely even alive when Reagan was in office, but the overwhelming opinion of those outside of the USA is not that Reagan was one of the best presidents ever.  Should CV just have a link to Wikipedia for real life entries like this, and then include his comic appearances? "

Never link to other wikis/comic sites in our database, the character's page should focus on his appearances in comics. Any real life biographical information should be kept minimal.  
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

You did a good job of updating him RazzaTazz! ^_^ 

You think thats bad though? This site had nad, zlitch, nothing for Kate Beaton's bio until I filled it out. They didn't even have her gender! Travesty on wheels! 

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazzaTazz

Thats what I figured, so why did the "Tea Party" ish version ever get approved in the first place?  Even if Reagan was instrumental as winning the Cold War as most Americans think he was (and as a non-American well read in Russian history my opinion is that he was more of a catalyst), his economic program had nothing to do with winning, and even if they did how does this relate to the random appearances he has made in comics.   

Unless it is some sort of template for beating enemies - can the Joker be beaten with Batmanomics?  :P 

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
    @RazzaTazz said:
    "

Thats what I figured, so why did the "Tea Party" ish version ever get approved in the first place?  Even if Reagan was instrumental as winning the Cold War as most Americans think he was (and as a non-American well read in Russian history my opinion is that he was more of a catalyst), his economic program had nothing to do with winning, and even if they did how does this relate to the random appearances he has made in comics.   

Unless it is some sort of template for beating enemies - can the Joker be beaten with Batmanomics?  :P 

"
    The top guy Jerry Seinfeld wrote it apparently, we don't see subs from users over 5k points for approval. Honestly most of that guy's subs are of questionable utility, by all means feel free to rewrite as you see fit. 
    RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @Shatterstar:
    Gotcha, once I figure out more about editing I will get more active. 

Can't I get a little repsect for the Batmanomics portmanteau?  Maybe I should put that in the database :P
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
    @RazzaTazz said:
    " @Shatterstar: Gotcha, once I figure out more about editing I will get more active.  Can't I get a little repsect for the Batmanomics portmanteau?  Maybe I should put that in the database :P "
    You'd have to get it published first but I like the idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.