Would Rogue have been in UMVC3 if...

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (15544 posts) - - Show Bio

she still has her superstrength and flight?

I'd say she had more chances of even making it in Marvel vs Capcom 3. She has a unique fighting style and I love it when she changes her clothes after winning. : )

How about you?

#2 Edited by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe so.. I mean wasn't she in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but I guess they wanted new heroes like she hulk

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (15544 posts) - - Show Bio

@Invisible_Witch said:

I believe so.. I mean wasn't she in Marvel Vs Capcom 2 but I guess they wanted new heroes like she hulk

Yeah. I guess they went for She-Hulk since Rogue no longer has superstrength.

#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i would have loved Rogue in the game maybe they could have gotten Lenore Zann to voice her again.

#5 Posted by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24 said:

i would have loved Rogue in the game maybe they could have gotten Lenore Zann to voice her again.

I would love that too!! Maybe one of quotes to storm would have been "Lighten up on the speeches Suga" lol

#6 Posted by jloneblackheart (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not. If you notice, out of the 12 new characters, only Strider is not a new character to the franchise.

#7 Posted by fesak (7041 posts) - - Show Bio

Capcoms Rogue didn't turn out so good, only absorbing one move? ridiculous.
If they bring her back they should scrap her old moveset and give her the moves from the X-Men that didn't make the roster.

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (3021 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in Street Fighter Vs X-men Rogue actually could absorb moves.. like Hadokens, and shurikens (I spelled both of those wrong.)

Her character port to mvc2 didn't have sprite moves for every character.

Although I liked She-Hulk and X-23, but they had no business taking Rouge and Psylocke's spots in MVC3

I mean let's be serious... Talk about some standards...

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

They could have always just used Ms.Marvel..but then again I stopped caring so much about Capcom so I don't know how they pick their rosters.It seems they either take the voting of characters from the worst polls known to man or they just pick characters out of a hat.It seems the vast majority of characters i used in MVC2 are gone (Captain Commando,Jin Saotome,Megaman,Psylocke,Blackheart,Charlie,Ken etc.), not complaining I just don't get the roster.Shuma Gorath? Jean Grey? When is the last time they were relevant?

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Psylocke isn't gone by any means. She's in UXF and X-Men. Completely agreed on the rest, though.

#11 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Vance Astro: Psylocke isn't gone by any means. She's in UXF and X-Men. Completely agreed on the rest, though.

She's not in MVC3 or UMVC3.I used her heavily in MVC2.The characters I named where the ones I used in the last game that didn't appear this time.I would rather have had Psylocke back than for Jean to waste a spot.Hell in fact I would rather have just about any female on the actual X-Men roster than Jean.I'd even take Dust or Pixie.
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12884 posts) - - Show Bio

No. They specifically stated that they didn't want to add any more x-men to the roster. They were originally going to compensate for this by adding Ms Marvel as DLC, but when UMVC3 was announced they decided to use characters that Marvel wanted to promote

#13 Posted by poisonfleur (3021 posts) - - Show Bio
That is really a bummer. I wanted more x-men.. :< 
Heck, even Nova's moveset could have been Ms.Marvel's. Oh well. 
As long as Fox has the X-men's movie rights, the X-men won't ever shine in Marvel as much as they used too. 
:(
#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12884 posts) - - Show Bio

@ poisonfleur. It's Capcoms fault not Fox's. The x-men tend to take waaaaayyyyyyyy to much space in Marvel crossover games which takes away spots from other heroes and Capcom has noticed this.

#15 Edited by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: To be fair They only took up a lot of space because they already had two games that were mixed together in MVC2. I also don't think Capcom gave a damn about slots because Nitsuma had already stated Juggernaut was in the final stages of development when they went to go take the roster Marvel who said no because he wasn't irrelevant to any storylines that would get money, and gave us the utter bull-crap that was Taskmaster, because you know he's been a Marvel villain front runner for decades now.

To answer the question at hand yes, Rogue was Japan's favorite character because of the power drain and her easy to pick up combos, she would have been guaranteed in had she not lost the Ms. Marvel powers. On another note having Ms. Marvel in Lew of Rogue would not be the same, Rogue was a rush-down character who couldn't fly and would probably be given a better power drain aspect (Probably H&H Cards type effects) while Ms. Marvel would have been a keep away zoning character with her beam attacks and given a defensive super where she absorbs damage and counters.

#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (15544 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss using Rogue. I hope she will become a dlc character. I'd want her to have flight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.