Why Rogue Should Be The New Leader of the X-Men

• 93 results
#51 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a really cute idea, but no.

I highly doubt Storn--or any of the other X-Men--would allow an incompetent Mary Sue to lead them into battle.

She can stick to soaking up all the attention on the next squad that she's leading, or stay in with the UA or something like that. Rogue cannot lead, sorry.

#52 Posted by Wowlock (175 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Rogue but I am also scared that anyone who ''leads'' the X-men tend to turn into a Control-Freak or letting the pressure get to them. It would be quite bad for her to be the next '' victim'' of leadership.

#53 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Issues 188 to 193 are some of my alltime favorite X-Books. Bachalo art, Rogue as leader.....

Mine too! Probably Bachalo's best work. I'm looking forward to Bendis and Bachalo's new Uncanny book. Hopefully, it will be a Rouge centric book.

#54 Posted by X711 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Rogue should be the New offical Leader of the X-Men. (Not Havok) Only because of some of the following reasons: She's worked along side with most of all the other X-Men. (when absord) She can control others powers better than those she got them from and inadditon become a One Man Army, powerful enough to lead any team and know how to work with them an powers. She has history and proven her self many times in battels that she is a great asset. She has a way of getting through folks. Honestly I can keep going on and on... but Know She should be the next Offical Leader considering the Mday curse is over and new mutants are coming to. Going to need someone who can get her hands on them and know how or what to do. GO ROGUE!

#55 Posted by Carolina574 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big rogue fan, but that team that cyclops didn't want her to lead, didn't like three of those member betray the team shortly after in messiah complex...

#56 Posted by tbone1225 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is a terrible leader. Anyone else would be better.

#57 Edited by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though she's been acting a bit weird lately in the X-Men title I would still pick Storm or maybe even Kitty. But after them Rogue is a pretty good choice, she does have a lot of experience and seems to be in a really good place mentally which is more than I can say for like 90% of Marvel characters right now let alone X-Men.

#58 Posted by kagato (244 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? Yeah, i agree, she would be a great leader for a new X Men team, she is strong and hold although she is a little more extreme, she holds the Professors views at heart. She has also proven herself to be caring of her team mates and good at making the best out of a bad situation. Id rather have her in charge than another Summers...

#59 Posted by Veitha (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

The saddest thing is that it's likely that she's not gonna be a leading figure in Uncanny Avengers anymore :(

#60 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (896 posts) - - Show Bio

what x-men comic are the pictures from?!?!? i wanna read more BACHALO art =D (not read, but anything Bachalo i want nao).

#61 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11753 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could even brinG myself to care about the x-men after AVX, I would have supported this article. I loves me some Rogue..

#62 Posted by Hastny (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! She would be perfect for the role. This needs to happen.
#63 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...to be honest...Who is left to lead? You take Scott, Magneto, Charles and Storm out of the picture, who else would possibly have a chance to lead this team?

We can argue her merit to lead, but at the end of the day she is the only one left, and needs to step up to the plate

#64 Posted by XsPectre28 (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue or storm! but i do want to see some new blood step up & lead the x-men as a whole but rogue is also an Uncanny Avenger, i want someone that is FULLY COMMITTED to leading my favorite comicbook team!

#65 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i think rogue would make a great leader, she's smart level headed and has what i take to get the job done.

#66 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28:

Im with you. Beast isnt on any other teams currently is he? I think he would be a great leader.

#67 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baberaham_Lincoln said:

what x-men comic are the pictures from?!?!? i wanna read more BACHALO art =D (not read, but anything Bachalo i want nao).

(hint: read the article)

#68 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Rogue, but no. I'd take a bunch of people before her.

#69 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Could you honestly see any of these guys following Rogue on a regular basis, c'mon seriously, Rogue?

#70 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

JUST NO.

Rogue's failed in about every position she's been put in under Cyclops' and Logan's leadership.

#71 Posted by Mezmero (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Rogue's capable of leading but what she's missing is a good foil to have by her side. A leader takes on a lot of baggage with all the decisions they make so they need someone close to keep them focused and grounded. Scott needed Jean around and later Emma to accomplish some of the most amazing things for mutant kind. Sure he went kind of crazy in AvX but maybe Emma cheating on him had something to do with that. Rogue already has a tragic love life so I don't think the added stress that comes with leading a team will help her mental state.

Having a moral anchor doesn't always need to be intimate. Wolverine needed Kitty Pryde to give him a reason to protect the future of aspiring young mutants in the Marvel universe. Bruce Wayne needed Dick Grayson around so he could crack a smile in his early days and so he could learn how to cooperate and lead an effective crime fighting family. Don't get me wrong, I think she has a flexible power set to utilize and has a good mind for leadership but what she needs is someone special. A very interesting article Sara! Keep up the great work!

#72 Posted by feargalr (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue would be a good leader, but after AvX I love me some Cyclops. If Wolvy or other mutant leaders had their way the mutant race would still be on the brink of extinction.

Plus pretty much everyone in the marvel universe has been mind controlled into doing some evil shizz at some point, but I don't see any of them in prison! Cyclops was right man, I want that on a t-shirt

#73 Posted by Munsu (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue can lead small groups and teams but as a the leader I can't see it. She just isn't stable enough nor has the constitution to lead everyone. She can barely manage to figure out what decisions to make in her personal life, so I can't see her being the one to make decisions that effects the entire mutant race as a whole. She is fine in the supporting role she is in. Anything more would be out of character.

Kitty should be the next "leader". She has the connections, the history, and is already running the school. So it goes Xavier > Scott > Kitty in my eyes. I think she commands the respect of characters like Wolverine, Scott and Emma well enough to lead. Storm would be my second option, but I don't think they would do that unfortunately.

#74 Posted by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I can read the titles of the articles and know whether Babs is the author or not

#75 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Since people nowadays think teams are too much a sausage fest and that girls are thrown aside like rag dolls (seriously have non-comic book reading critics seen Emma Frost and Majik?) Rogue might actually kick some ass as a leader. Maybe not the whole squad (like a small chunk) but enough to prove her worth even more before taking on the big guns as full on leader.

#76 Posted by Dazzlergirl0313 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

yes go rogue!!

#77 Edited by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL... I already thought Rogue was the current leader of the X-Men (at least the ones who are B rated and lower) after seeing that Legacy w/Mimic and reading A v X (where she guides all the X-Men to the Avengers).... She can definitely do it. And, all the people in evilvegeta's pictures would be better off doing their own thing (like wolverine [and cyclops is in prison]) or stepping back and letting Rogue take the lead for a while.

@evilvegeta74 said: Could you honestly see any of these guys following Rogue on a regular basis, c'mon seriously, Rogue?

Yes.... Plus a good amount of the ones would probably wouldn't/shouldn't follow her have moved on or died.

#78 Posted by MACarpenter (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: All-New X-men

#79 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was a member of the X-Men, Rogue would not even make my top 5 as potential leaders.

#80 Posted by Timotheus316 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is my favorite female X-man and has been for over 20 years. I think she is a very capable leader and also seeing more of her in the spotlight would be great (at least, for me).

#81 Posted by Shieldbearer (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Issues 188-193? Bachalo? Rogue leader? Winning!

These are some of my more recent favorites right before Messiah Complex :D

#82 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

She would make a great leader in my opinion. They really dont give her the shine she deserves for all that she does.

#83 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

3. Rogue

Rogue is just a bag of fail, seriously. I don't know what's more boring, her dated and overly-prolonged Gambit-relationship drama or her new Mary-Sue complex. Massively incompetent in any role she's been posted to under both the leadership of Cyclops and Logan. Couldn't keep her dysfunctional team together pre-MC, ended up being infected with a virus and going comatose. Failed to look after Hope and Hellion post Second Coming and resorted to threatening the traumatised amputee. She required Cyclops' Utopian mutants' help when taking down Exodus etc. FAIL.

#84 Posted by blackkitty (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Rogue always have. Though leadership wise, I wish they would give Kitty Pryde a chance some time.

#85 Posted by EternalGrandMaster (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Yes SuperNOva Storyline was awesome. Rogue as The Entire Xmen Leader ehh I think she's gonna make too many mistakes or play it too safe scared to make an mistake. I do like her in charge of a Team more so than I do Storm. Idk why she hasn't been Set in another position like this..I don't count Xmen Legacy simply because there's Ppl like Magneto who try to take the Reins from here.

#86 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

3. Rogue

Rogue is just a bag of fail, seriously. I don't know what's more boring, her dated and overly-prolonged Gambit-relationship drama or her new Mary-Sue complex. Massively incompetent in any role she's been posted to under both the leadership of Cyclops and Logan. Couldn't keep her dysfunctional team together pre-MC, ended up being infected with a virus and going comatose. Failed to look after Hope and Hellion post Second Coming and resorted to threatening the traumatised amputee. She required Cyclops' Utopian mutants' help when taking down Exodus etc. FAIL.

**sigh**

#87 Posted by Prodigy P (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I don't completely agree with this. While I find Rogue an excellent field leader, you need to remember that the X-Men are more than a team. They are a family, a community. Rogue may be relatable, but the most that makes her is a big sister. I'd say the role of leading the X-Men should belong to Cyclops (strict father figure), Wolverine (cool uncle who's actually a bad example) or Storm (maternal figure).

#88 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Prodigy P: After AvX. I beleive Cyclops is retarded.

#89 Posted by Prodigy P (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Prodigy P: After AvX. I beleive Cyclops is retarded.

I luckily didn't read AvX, but I've heard it was so bad I'm pretending it never existed. The writers abused and shamed Cyclops' personality so much that I turned from a Cyke mocker to respecter.

#90 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue should lead she can do it.

#91 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

She's terrible at picking sexual partners.

#92 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: I agree, Rogue no longer has Ms. Marvel's brawn, so she needs to prove she's got the BRAINS to make-up for it! Being a leader might do just that!

#93 Posted by wmwadeii (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

I always saw X-Men Legacy as the Rogue book and she was a solid leader in it. Even though she was orignally brought back to Utopia as a counselor role she eventually came to her own and lead a team.

#94 Edited by OmegaHans (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypothetically Rogue's got a lot of heart, but she isn't that smart and makes too many rash decisions to lead the whole X-Men. A sub category team, fine. But the whole of those oriented, absolutely not. I don't hate her but she can't curb her temper, get's in people's face a lot and that will make mistakes in the field.

Though I don't think Wolverine should lead things either. The fact that they keep wanting us to see him as that sort of guy just insults my intelligence. Logan's like a Lieutenant in personality at the least. He's better when he follows, not leads. The Logan today is like Diet Logan with imitation lemon flavoring, tch... this decade.

The most level headed has always been Storm and this just seems to be too obvious for Marvel, so they got to throw a bunch of wrenches in that idea. Dipstick writers...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.