why is Rogue so loved by fans

#1 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to ask this question to Rogue fans why do you love Rogue as a charater. i love her cause 1 shes gorgeous which is a given 2 cause shes kickass 3 cause you can see and feel how lonely she is yet she is a strong willed woman who dose not let it run her life. Rogue is a great charater.
#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I mainly fell in love with her because of X-Men TAS, words cannot even comprehend.............

#3 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
I mainly fell in love with her because of X-Men TAS, words cannot even comprehend.............
TAS?? 

I am not the biggest Rogue fan, but I suppose her personality mostly.. She has actual substance, which i find many characters lack, generally.
#4 Posted by Rogue87 (21 posts) - - Show Bio
I love her because her superpowers , I love her for her strong character and personality ,  sometimes her character is also very fun and sexy   I love the way she kick ass  !!:) Sugah!!
#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446: The Animated Series, her voice, attitude and personality from that series is what made me fall in love with Rogue, the cheesy lines just made me go gaga over her lmao.

"what in the world?"
LOL
#6 Posted by lorex (955 posts) - - Show Bio

For a lot of fans their first exposure to Rogue was the animated series in the 90's. There you had this attractive powerful young woman who wanted nothing more than to be able to touch another person and to be loved. Thats not to say she was 
a weepy drama queen she was strong and powerful able to trade punched with the likes of Juggernaut and Gladiator. For those of us who read the comics from the day she turned up at Xavier's looking for help controlling her powers. With the 
brotherhood she was already interesting and now with the X-Men he character was becoming more fleshed out. For me it was her long term struggle to control her powers and be normal there really endeared her to me.

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with you all tas is were i discovered Rogue and fell in love i hope to find a woman like Rogue someday or someone who kind of shares her personality. i think the big reason tas Rogue is the best have to go to Lenore Zann she brought Rogue to life.
#8 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
@Hawkeye446: The Animated Series, her voice, attitude and personality from that series is what made me fall in love with Rogue, the cheesy lines just made me go gaga over her lmao.

"what in the world?" LOL
OHHHHHHH, Right!!!
#9 Posted by The Stegman (24630 posts) - - Show Bio

she's the only main x woman that actually has a likable personality 

#10 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoganRogue24: love rogue cuz she unique, kicks butt and doesn't care if the world hates her, she'll still do what she has to do.
#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@sputnik said:
@LoganRogue24: love rogue cuz she unique, kicks butt and doesn't care if the world hates her, she'll still do what she has to do.
QFT
#12 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
For a lot of fans their first exposure to Rogue was the animated series in the 90's. There you had this attractive powerful young woman who wanted nothing more than to be able to touch another person and to be loved. Thats not to say she was  a weepy drama queen she was strong and powerful able to trade punched with the likes of Juggernaut and Gladiator. For those of us who read the comics from the day she turned up at Xavier's looking for help controlling her powers. With the  brotherhood she was already interesting and now with the X-Men he character was becoming more fleshed out. For me it was her long term struggle to control her powers and be normal there really endeared her to me.
Agreed.
#13 Posted by Renegade_X (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her because before X-23, she was the closest one to Wolverine when it comes to the back story. A character that was nearly driven insane because of her powers. Someone who emotionally touched everyone arond her when she couldn't physically touch them. She's a character that's one of a kind. 

#14 Posted by Athene (22 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
@lorex said:
For a lot of fans their first exposure to Rogue was the animated series in the 90's. There you had this attractive powerful young woman who wanted nothing more than to be able to touch another person and to be loved. Thats not to say she was  a weepy drama queen she was strong and powerful able to trade punched with the likes of Juggernaut and Gladiator. For those of us who read the comics from the day she turned up at Xavier's looking for help controlling her powers. With the  brotherhood she was already interesting and now with the X-Men he character was becoming more fleshed out. For me it was her long term struggle to control her powers and be normal there really endeared her to me.
Agreed.
Seconded.   

Also, I wanted to be Rogue. Watching her as a little girl, I wanted to be fiery, charismatic, beautiful and strong. I think she's a wonderful role model, flawed, but still wonderful.
#15 Edited by thewidowsbite (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Same here! I loved her the most out of everybody: her southern drawl, fiesty personality, powers, and emotional depth. She always seemed the most realistic and relatable out of all the characters.       

#16 Posted by LP (675 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden said:
@lorex said:
Agreed.
AMEN AND AMEN
#17 Posted by VprVnmSRT10 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess most of us love Rogue for the same reasons. That is a great thing, it goes to show what a brilliant character she is.

I also personally fell in love with Rogue in TAS. That voice was the sexiest voice I ever heard. The charcter was also UBER sexy. She was strong, she was vulnerable and she was with Gambit (another favourite X-men of mine).

In the comics the vulnerable, strong willed, super-powered character is just as great. She has so many interesting facets to her personality. She wants to be able to touch someone and love someone, yet she will beat the crap out of you if you told her she was weak.

#18 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
@AgeofHurricane: me too i just fell in love with her  and her cheesy lines and accent that was too awesome and she kicked butt x men TAS was the best
#19 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, I love the fact that, as many of you have put, she is strong and independent yet emotionally complex and constantly struggling her powers. Not only that, but it's her recent characteristics in Legacy that have truly made me fall for her charm. The fact that she has come out of all this melodrama with such a mature and clear head, her words and attitude echo her experience and her leadership, and the fact that she is such a good teacher to the younger students; you can tell she genuinely cares about them and will protect them no matter the cost.

#20 Posted by ninka_cl (1 posts) - - Show Bio
Rogue's 30th Anniversary!!!!  1st Appearance: Avengers Annual #10
#21 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

I like LOTS of things about Rogue, a particular one that comes to mind is the fact that even the the main reason Rogue changed her ways was because of circumstance, she did something positive with it. Instead of just using the X-Men to further her own ends, she became one of their most powerful and loyal members! This is the kind of character development that so many characters in ANY kind fiction seem to lack and it's one of the reasons they aren't anywhere near as popular as they COULD be. And it's one of the many reasons that Rogue is not just a character we care about, she's a character we want to root for!

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

Rouge was better when she has Ms.Marvel's powers.Now that she doesn't she's just a cry baby.They don't even draw her the way they used to.She used to be a curvy southern girl now she looks like Jubilee wearing as Rouge for Halloween.

#23 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane: i soo remember that,  wasnt that  the line  when gambit  kissed her  while she was sleeping  lol
#24 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
This. And I'd also like to add that I love how she deals with the guilt of her criminal past and how she tries to make a change in her life for the better. 
#25 Posted by PowerHerc (84331 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she's nice, she's tragic and she's hot.

She's also a bit of a redemption story.

#26 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I have many reasons for liking Rogue. She's a fun character because of her sweet yet tough personality, and I always enjoy the simple pleasure of seeing a beautiful young woman beating the crap out of giant robots. It's also fun to see her interacting with other characters because she's so straightforward and bold. It's easy to get emotionally invested in her because of her isolating mutation - many people can relate to a character who constantly feels different, lonely, and detached. I guess that many people find that mix of strength and vulnerability very fascinating.

I also think that her character arc is very interesting, and very beautiful. She started out as a young girl gone bad, and grew up to be a young woman in search of redemption, trust, and love. Now she's a grown woman in full control of her powers who is just beginning to grasp who she really is when her mutation is no lonher holding her back. Her character developement has always been interesting, which is why I'm always looking forward to see where she's going next.

I think that the one thing all the great X-Men characters like Wolverine, Magento, Cyclops, Mystique, Gambit and X-23 have in common is that they're all broken inside, and strive to become whole again. Rogue definitely has that wounded quality to her. She's been betrayed, used, and isolated, and she still carries all that weight on her heart. Still, she's become a brave, strong, independent person despite all she's been through, which makes her intriguing, and terribly likable.

#27 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra: Let's not forget that Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood, and could easily be one again, not to mention if she ever DID, she'd not only be one of the X-Men's enemies, she'd be one of their deadliest yet!
#28 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is cool because: 
1.  Her power, pre-"fixing" was always tragic, yet awesome. 
2.  Her backstory is a typical "bad guy turned good", coupled with reveals about her adopted mother, etc, etc, etc. 
3.  She's hot. 

I guess I appreciate Marvel not undoing her "fixing" like they did with Cyclops and so many others, but whatev.

#29 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys bring up great points with Rogue that i never thought of. shes probaly my fav comic woman ever created then after Rogue would be Supergirl Power girl Wonder Woman Red Sonja Emma Frost Psylocke Jean Grey Mary Jane Watson Lois Lane Lana Lang She Hulk.
#30 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys bring up great points with Rogue that i never thought of. shes probaly my fav comic woman ever created then after Rogue would be Supergirl Power girl Wonder Woman Red Sonja Emma Frost Psylocke Jean Grey Mary Jane Watson Lois Lane Lana Lang She Hulk.
#31 Posted by SemiBlue (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I started liking her in TAS and then got into the comics. I like how they are going with her personality nowadays. Since she no longer has super strength, its more about utilizing her original power in interesting ways. Also she's clever! No more just off the bat beating people up. A tactical plan with a surprise, and then beat them up.

#32 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

the Southern charm ;)
#33 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood the love for Rogue. Just one of those characters I've just never gotten into. maybe now I will.
#34 Posted by jhazzroucher (15870 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Rogue too, her powers and her character was a good combination. I hope marvel will put back her flight and superstrength powers.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24897 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I can give or take Rogue, I don't hate her but I never personally related to her

#36 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I love each and everything about her. She is the best example in my opinion of how a character can go from being an "evil" character to a good character. Her southern accent. Her power is another reason. She honestly feels bad for the people she hurt with them. I see a little bit of my self in her Lol. Her back story is amazing. EVERYTHING. Rogue is my favorite marvel character hands down.

#37 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Agreed.

#38 Posted by butterflykyss (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yea I loved the Rogue from the XMEN TAS. She was strong yet so broken all at once. And lets not forget how hot she was!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.