Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6611 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Why can't Rogue have power inhibitor?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

For the longest time this question has lingered in my mind, why can't Professor X or any of the brilliant brains of the Marvel Universe give Rogue a power inhibitor to enable her to touch and live normally?  She can switch the inhibitor on if she wants to access her powers.

I know this type of device has already existed why can't the X-men refined it to make it. Rogue character can then be explored in a different level.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I guess it's because it takes away her main defining characteristic, though it's very illogical.
    Joseph the Magneto clone even made her one, but it was soon forgotten.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

I remember that one.
    It is sad though that writers can' t make the characters grow up a bit. I mean it could have been a different struggle for Rogue as to when to switch off and on the device...
    Oh well..

Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Roguegirl

Rogues powers are a part of her,that's why she is called "Rogue" but i wish her to have just the power she absorbed from "ms.Marvel"

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimic12

Is it just me or dose Rogue always get the shaft. I mean she is problily one of the most hottest wemen in Marvel and she cant touch eneybody unless they have a power that prvents that. If I had my way Rogue would maybe get with Colossus because he can touch he with his metal form. Well its better then nothing.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#6  Edited By time1

it is true, rogue is one  prettiest females in x-men, she always seem to get shaft by x-men, she always on road and never stay put, i but prefer her to be with remy.

caption
    caption
     they should focuse less on emma frost and more on rogue. if they draw rogue like this, i sure she have a bigger male fan base. 
    Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Roguegirl

that's what i'm saing...and prehaps all the marvel female characters would look good in emmas clothes and with plastic surgery :)

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Pania

Sadly, the tragic angsting over her powers is a HUGE part of Rogue's character. Some writers write it as if it is the entirety of Rogue's character. Take the "no touching" thing away, and too many writers are worried they will have to actually write real character development for her, so they keep her out of control of her own abilities and make her whine about it, interminably.

And with the exception of Emma, M and Siryn, ALL the X-Women have gotten the shaft recently.

Jean - Dead again, entire family wiped out.
    Lorna - Driven Crazy and then shot into outer space to be tortured.
    Rachel - Along for the same torture ride.
    Ororo - Written off stage into a contrived marriage where she is dominated by her husband
    Rogue - Driven insane, given "death touch", 'fridged for Messiah CompleX, and then written offstage.
    Dani Moonstar - Depowered, stuck in Initiative
    Amara - well, she always gets written crappily as crazy or whiny. No one except Claremont seems to remember when she was kick ass and cool.
    Rhane - Has literally become her own worst nightmare while running with the Stabbity Squad.
    Pixie - 'Fridged in Uncanny X-men
    Jubilee - Depowered
    X-23 - became in the X-men what she was rescued from the Weapon X program to avoid
    Wallflower - Dead
    Windancer - Depowered and gone.
    etc.

It's actually a very scary trend when you look at the big picture. Somebody, or multiple somebodies, in the Marvel writing/editorial staff has issues with women.

And I can certainly say that every time I read Uncanny recently, I feel a great swell of pity for Fraction's girlfriends. He has some really crappy ideas about what women are (staring with the word "what" rather than "who"), but obviously the problems that beset the X-women started before he came on.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul
    Roguegirl said:
    "that's what i'm saing...and prehaps all the marvel female characters would look good in emmas clothes and with plastic surgery :)"
    Not abominatrix.  No guy would want her.
    Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreadnaught said:
    "Roguegirl said:
    "that's what i'm saing...and prehaps all the marvel female characters would look good in emmas clothes and with plastic surgery :)"
    Not abominatrix.  No guy would want her."
    Hulk or The Thing
    Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul
    Dr. Victor von Doom said:
    "Dreadnaught said:
    "Roguegirl said:
    Not abominatrix.  No guy would want her."
    Hulk or The Thing"
    Hulk would have to be really, really desperate. 
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IcePrince_X
    Pania said:
    "Sadly, the tragic angsting over her powers is a HUGE part of Rogue's character. Some writers write it as if it is the entirety of Rogue's character. Take the "no touching" thing away, and too many writers are worried they will have to actually write real character development for her, so they keep her out of control of her own abilities and make her whine about it, interminably.

And with the exception of Emma, M and Siryn, ALL the X-Women have gotten the shaft recently.

Jean - Dead again
    Ororo - Written off stage into a contrived marriage where she is dominated by her husband
    Rogue - Driven insane, given "death touch", 'fridged for Messiah CompleX, and then written offstage.
    Amara - well, she always gets written crappily as crazy or whiny. No one except Claremont seems to remember when she was kick ass and cool.
    Rhane - Has literally become her own worst nightmare while running with the Stabbity Squad.
    Jubilee - Depowered
    X-23 - became in the X-men what she was rescued from the Weapon X program to avoid
    Wallflower - Dead
    etc.

It's actually a very scary trend when you look at the big picture. Somebody, or multiple somebodies, in the Marvel writing/editorial staff has issues with women.

And I can certainly say that every time I read Uncanny recently, I feel a great swell of pity for Fraction's girlfriends. He has some really crappy ideas about what women are (staring with the word "what" rather than "who"), but obviously the problems that beset the X-women started before he came on."
    same sentiments
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 104

#13  Edited By time1
    IcePrince_X said:
    "Pania said:
    "Sadly, the tragic angsting over her powers is a HUGE part of Rogue's character. Some writers write it as if it is the entirety of Rogue's character. Take the "no touching" thing away, and too many writers are worried they will have to actually write real character development for her, so they keep her out of control of her own abilities and make her whine about it, interminably.

Jean - Dead again
    Jubilee - Depowered
    Wallflower - Dead
    etc.

And I can certainly say that every time I read Uncanny recently, I feel a great swell of pity for Fraction's girlfriends. He has some really crappy ideas about what women are (staring with the word "what" rather than "who"), but obviously the problems that beset the X-women started before he came on."
    same sentiments"

i agree with you they totally ruined x-woman in the x-men comics. It's so sad to see these woman gone to waste.

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

and wasted time on these
    caption
    caption
    or males like cylops, angel & beast
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

i was thinking the other day....why doesn't rogue just absorb elixir's powers then all she would have to do is learn to control those powers and she would only heal whomever she touched

Chaunty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chaunty

Going back to the original topic, I always wondered why they never gave rogue the collar they have on Muir Island to depower mutants as well. She could it on dates with Gambit and take it off in the morning. I think it would be convienent to her and her love life.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By pixelized
    danhimself said:
    "i was thinking the other day....why doesn't rogue just absorb elixir's powers then all she would have to do is learn to control those powers and she would only heal whomever she touched"
    because she only keeps them for an hour.

Chaunty said:
    "Going back to the original topic, I always wondered why they never gave rogue the collar they have on Muir Island to depower mutants as well. She could it on dates with Gambit and take it off in the morning. I think it would be convienent to her and her love life."

a big thick collar around her neck on a date, that's sexy.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By castleking
    pixelized said:

Chaunty said:
    "Going back to the original topic, I always wondered why they never gave rogue the collar they have on Muir Island to depower mutants as well. She could it on dates with Gambit and take it off in the morning. I think it would be convienent to her and her love life."

a big thick collar around her neck on a date, that's sexy.
    "
    damn straight it is sexy just add a leash and she is ready for a hot night.
    Avatar image for the_guardian_knight_
    The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time said:
    "it is true, rogue is one  prettiest females in x-men, she always seem to get shaft by x-men, she always on road and never stay put, i but prefer her to be with remy.
    caption
    caption
     they should focuse less on emma frost and more on rogue. if they draw rogue like this, i sure she have a bigger male fan base. "
    I don't know Emma's really Hot! it's kind of hard not to look at that

The Sexy Emma Frost
    The Sexy Emma Frost
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

Do we not remember Rogue's powers? why would she wear that on a regular basis?

The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pixelized said:
    "Do we not remember Rogue's powers? why would she wear that on a regular basis?

"
    She would show off her body and then say "Sorry Boys, You can Look, Yah Just Can't Touch" and all the guys would be sad :(
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized

and when people bump into her?

Yay accidental deaths!

The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pixelized said:
    "and when people bump into her?

Yay accidental deaths!
    "
    Those things happen to normal people to you know
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

Just stick Leech at the foot of the bed :p

The Guardian-Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xerox-kitty said:
    "Just stick Leech at the foot of the bed :p"

That's Just Sick!!! Lol!
    PsyNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PsyNick

Sick and Wild! Mostly sick!!!!!

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gunswordfist
    Chaunty said:
    Yeah Rogue needs to put one on for our date. It's better to be safe than sorry...
    TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TelekineticSun

i've actually never thought about the posibility of putting a power inhibitor on rogue before,
    i have thought about gambit and rogue or iceman and rogue (in the last stand) inviting leech to "watch",
    but im sure Forge would be able to create a smaller more convenient inhibitor for her to wear and switch on and off at will, he could probably even create one that could be placed within her brain and react to her thoughts, allowing her to have complete control over her powers, if she wanted to use her power to steal other abilities and powers than shed only have to think of those intentions and touch the person and same goes for taking life forces or memories.

but maybe Charles Xavier wouldnt want her to have something like this because hed want rogue to figure out her ability on her own and learn how to control her power with out the help of technology.
    Could she, with practice, evolve with her power and eventually control  asspects of it and not hurt people when she touches them? or is she forever untouchable?

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By dane
    TelekineticSun said:
    "i have thought about gambit and rogue or iceman and rogue (in the last stand) inviting leech to "watch""
    Uhh you have?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty

LOL... At least blind-fold the kid & stick ear-muffs on him to block out the sound ;)

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pixelized

quick sidenote, where/when was leeched confirmed to still have his abilities?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty

He was among the 198 in the mini series.  

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixelized

OMG yeah, and i read that and edited the pages on CV, how did i forget.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xerox_kitty

He was only there so they could use him to kill Mr M.  Poor little Leech :(

Anywho, why do Rogue's powers kill instantly now?  Can't she just 'borrow' powers any more?  She could borrow Leech's or Chance's?
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gambit18

no necesita nada.

ella en legado aprendio a controlar sus poderes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.