Touching Rogue Theories

#1 Posted by Paranormal_Life (63 posts) - - Show Bio

It just seems like there are numerous ways that Rogue could be intimate with another person without draining them. Her powers work via skin to skin contact. So if she wanted to be intimate with someone, I mean really wanted or needed to be, couldn't she find typical solutions around the grocery store?  For example: Couldn't Rogue wrap herself in everyday kitchen plastic wrap, creating a thin but sensitive coating against her skin, thus allowing herself to touch another person? In the same sense, she could wrap all areas that would touch someone entirely, thus allowing intimacy to occur. I mean, seriously, how bad does she want to have a physical relationship with someone? I'm sure some of you have come up with solutions as to how Rogue could touch another human being that are pretty down to earth and easily doable (No pun intended). Anyone else have any ideas how Rogue could carry on an intimate relationship with a person of her choice without killing them or rendering them useless?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue has had control over her powers for over 6 months now.  She can have intimate relationships if she wants to.  But after such a long time of physical solitude, she's keeping her distance until she feels ready to emotionally let go.

#3 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

There was this one scene from the Naked Gun...

#4 Posted by Paranormal_Life (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Rogue has had control over her powers for over 6 months now.  She can have intimate relationships if she wants to.  But after such a long time of physical solitude, she's keeping her distance until she feels ready to emotionally let go. "
Yeah, but how long do you think that will last? As soon as she finds happiness you know darn well it'll be taken away from her. Besides, stating the obvious wasn't what the question was about. I was just interested in seeing if people had come up with ideas about my topic.
#5 Posted by D3athstroke (3918 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
" There was this one scene from the Naked Gun... "

#6 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words, Liquid Latex

#7 Posted by WeB3d (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Turns out she slept with the Sentry at one point.  They just added that with siege aftermath.  Canon!

#8 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone capable of projecting an energy field is able to safely touch Rogue.  Elts not forget that back in the day Magneto and her were an item.

#9 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

There was one, brief member of Banshee's team named Radius who projected a field just a few nanometers from his skin.

When an earthquake swallowed him up after only two issues I remember thinking, "well, there goes Rogue's last opportunity for happiness."

But that was like 01 or 02.  Things change.

#10 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan might be ok cause of his healing powers right he might be able to touch Rogue i think.
#11 Posted by Bruiser (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rogue could have an intimate relationship with Mimic. 
I think that if Mimic took Rogue's power, he may be able to touch her without any adverse effects.  What do you guys think?  Do you think he may be able to cancel the effect? 

Although the Naked Gun style would be perfect.

#12 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue >>>>> Mimic ,   
Rogue's power is more powerful, and is increasing.

Yeah, but how long do you think that will last?

It is final, she is now in control, and increasing its powers.
#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course she's gonna go back to not being able to touch anyone sooner or later. Status Quo is the only law of comics.

#14 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

She could get it on with any energy manipulator that is powerful enough....Magneto, Iceman, and Gambit all come to mind..

#15 Posted by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:
Not if Mike Carey can help besides most people were sick of her complaining and becoming a one note character.
#16 Posted by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"Of course she's gonna go back to not being able to touch anyone sooner or later. Status Quo is the only law of comics."

Lol, yeah. She'd be a tad more outgoing, and people would scream SHE'S NOT EXACTLY THE WAY SHE WAS DECADES AGO!!!
#17 Posted by Comicjew (164 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paranormal_Life:
She can control her powers now.
#18 Posted by lorex (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue's problem now is emotional not her powers. In the past she would probably have done anything to be able to touch someone, now that she has control of her powers she is afraid 
if she gives into her emotions she will loose this new control she now has. I think she is more afraid of getting stuck with other peoples emotions and memories like she has in the past, 
than unintentionally gaining someones powers.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoganRogue24 said:
"Logan might be ok cause of his healing powers right he might be able to touch Rogue i think. "

no she negates his healing factor by touching him (reffering to her not in control rouge)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.