The Official "Rogue" Discussion Thread

• 73 results
#51 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@time said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

X-Men Legacy getting cancelled is a good thing. A very good thing.

Uncanny X-Men getting cancel is a good thing. A very very very good thing.

I know. They were both such bad titles.

I actually think X-Men legacy is better than Uncanny X-Men and I think it's better than Wolverine and the X-Men too. It had some good stories, Age of X, tied in with Necrosha and then the Avengers vs X-Men chapters. Uncanny X-Men has been rubbish for 5 years. I'm looking forward to the changes. How about you?

I liked Legacy before Gage came. Right now it's too much Rogue and too little of the other cast members. Yeah, you can say that Mimic and Weapon Omega got their moments, but even then, it was still revolving around Rogue. The AvX tie-ins were the only parts of Gage's run that i actually liked, and i'm talking about the ones where we had everyone needlessly fighting.

Uncanny X-Men is somewhat rubbish, yeah.

#52 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike Carey ruined Legacy before Gage did.

#53 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue good.

Rogneto bad.

#54 Edited by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rogue and Gambit should be together.

In my opinion she is the best X-Lady ever.

I would love to see her with total recall again just without all the personalities inher head.

#55 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a hard time trying to find a way to start liking Rogue. Any suggestions anybody? To be honest, I used to dislike her more than any female marvel character but she has progressed up on the list. I've noticed she has some fans so what makes her so interesting? She has unique powers which is a plus. Anything else?

#56 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

try the 90s cartoon thats were i fell in love with her.

#57 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMinister said:

I have a hard time trying to find a way to start liking Rogue. Any suggestions anybody? To be honest, I used to dislike her more than any female marvel character but she has progressed up on the list. I've noticed she has some fans so what makes her so interesting? She has unique powers which is a plus. Anything else?

I used to love Rogue back in the day. She was sexy, kick ass, wild and underneath all that confidence she was alone. She could never touch another person, something we take for granted everyday. Now I don't feel she is any of those things, but I still hold fond memories.

#58 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they kill this character forever, she's a female absorbing man, Hope is the powere up version. Rogue gained fame through Fox network,movies and all. In comics as well as the lame 90's fox cartoon Rogue built herself up off Ms.Marvels powers, she 's not credible and mentally unstable , kill her off forever!!

#59 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

I hope they kill this character forever, she's a female absorbing man, Hope is the powere up version. Rogue gained fame through Fox network,movies and all. In comics as well as the lame 90's fox cartoon Rogue built herself up off Ms.Marvels powers, she 's not credible and mentally unstable , kill her off forever!!

Oh come on now let her fans converse in peace. You don't have to like a character to respect that other people do.

#60 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: How did you get out of the sack? **shoves back inside and triple ties knot this time**

#61 Edited by G_I_R_L (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Why would shewarrant a death? If anyone needs to be killed (again) it's Capt. America and the way he was handled in AvX. At any case, Rogue was pretty popular before she debuted in other media. And you actually use Hope to discredit Rogue? Hope who is clearly a failed Rogue/Jean/Sentry-clone hybrid? Get real.

The 90s X-Men cartoon wasn't bad until the last few episodes of the last season; it worked for it's time and it's arguably the most dedicated to the comics of any Marvel series which is a +.

Rogue's pairing with Sentry was random and arrogant and I have no idea why it was greenlit in the 1st place. As with most comics published by Marvel, I assume consistency to canon wasn't considered. Rogue w/ Magneto is great in AoA; not 616. Rogue w/ Gambit was the best pairing she had, but I don't feel either need to be involved in any relationship. They need to develop more as characters.

If anything, in recent years, Rogue seems to be deevolving ala Harley Quinn; sure, she finally managed to gain control, which should have been a huge leap for her as a character; now she's more Wolverine than Wolverine? Get out.

I wont get into how much I disliked AvX and how I wasn't a fan of many of the well-known X-Men being reserved primarily for tie-ins. At any case, Rogue as a teacher was good because it showed the character in a different light; almost as if she didn't really want that role but was scared to lose it.

#62 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's get Rogue away from the green get up's, I think she showed Hope where to shop! Hey I didn't say anything bad about Rogue today. I'm doing good! lol!

#63 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74:

#64 Posted by time (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

So guys, Why did Rogue join the Avengers, what was the point of her leaving the X-Men for the Avengers ?

#65 Posted by smeagollk (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMinister: try the x-treme x-men storyline ;) the first volume... she fights for what she's believing, she is strong, funny, even though her powers are somewhat a curse and she can't touch anyone, i think she has the most compassion for others than any other x-men character.. :) and after she loses her powers for a while, there is this incredible force in her character, you know :) she doesn't give up, doesn't take her lack of power as a disadvantage in a fight, she is basically even more badass than before with her ms. marvel powers :)

i don't get why there's so much hate for rogue between comic book fans and it's pretty clear that i am very fond with rogue, cause she is someone i can relate to, and she finds her way to deal with anything on her plate, so if any anti-rogue fan wants to diss me or whatever, have fun, ah ain't givin' up on this southern belle :D

#66 Posted by SC (13124 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, I have not been that enthralled by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers so far, sort of ho hum, but the new preview actually has me excited, based on Olivier Coipel's art, and because she comes off a bit sassy. I mean meh, a bit too sassy maybe, but still heh heh plus I love Wasp and Wonder Woman too.

#67 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole scene is perf.

The look on Rogue's face as Wasp gets all flustery, angry -- hehehe

This will soothe me for a bit, in the midst of all the crap being hurled about.

Although you would think having yourself on the shoulder of the guy you divorced would be an image you would rather tucked in some shadowed corner...

#68 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

This whole scene is perf.

The look on Rogue's face as Wasp gets all flustery, angry -- hehehe

This will soothe me for a bit, in the midst of all the crap being hurled about.

Although you would think having yourself on the shoulder of the guy you divorced would be an image you would rather tucked in some shadowed corner...

(Pats shoulder)

#69 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt:

**arches eyebrow**

#70 Edited by Cobane (1 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, I have a question for the grand council of the keepers of the secrets of Rogue. My friend and I have been watching this YouTube series called Death Battle and one of the episodes pits Rogue against Wonder Woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OU-6G-oIdQ

To this forum's tastes, Rogue is declared victor. However, I've been debating with my friend if the way they arrived at their conclusion is legit. The makers of this little "What if.." movie posit that Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers could touch Wonder Woman and absorb her powers too...but Wonder Woman's strength will be ADDITIVE to Ms. Marvel's imprint. A math example for this would be

4 (Ms. Marvel strength) + 6 (Wonder Woman strength) = 10

This logic doesn't seem correct to me. My impression of the way Rogue's abilities work is that Rogue can only absorb templates for powers. Yes, she can absorb new powers and use them with existing templates, but if two templates she comes into contact with are strength based she will use the more powerful template. So by my understanding, Rogue would gain strength based off of this logic:

If 4 (Ms. Marvel strength) < 6 (Wonder Woman strength) , then Rogue's strength = 6 (Wonder Woman's strength) after absorbing Wonder Woman's powers.

My question to this forum is, does canon support the additive values of strength or the use of the greatest integer?

Citing examples from issues would be appreciated.

#71 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobane said:

OK, I have a question for the grand council of the keepers of the secrets of Rogue. My friend and I have been watching this YouTube series called Death Battle and one of the episodes pits Rogue against Wonder Woman.

To this forum's tastes, Rogue is declared victor. However, I've been debating with my friend if the way they arrived at their conclusion is legit. The makers of this little "What if.." movie posit that Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers could touch Wonder Woman and absorb her powers too...but Wonder Woman's strength will be ADDITIVE to Ms. Marvel's imprint. A math example for this would be

This logic doesn't seem correct to me. My impression of the way Rogue's abilities work is that Rogue can only absorb templates for powers. Yes, she can absorb new powers and use them with existing templates, but if two templates she comes into contact with are strength based she will use the more powerful template. So by my understanding, Rogue would gain strength based off of this logic:

If 4 (Ms. Marvel strength) < 6 (Wonder Woman strength) , then Rogue's strength = 6 (Wonder Woman's strength) after absorbing Wonder Woman's powers.

My question to this forum is, does canon support the additive values of strength or the use of the greatest integer?

Interesting first and only post. I do not believe the strength would be additive as you described.

#72 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobane said:

Hmm.

I am pretty sure it's additive. I will investigate and get back to you.

#73 Posted by daredevil21134 (11860 posts) - - Show Bio

When did this happen?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.