Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Shouldnt she be the most powerful mutant

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Demonturtle

With her power to absorb powers and now to be able to recal any power she has absorbed over time, wouldnt that make her the most powerful mutant aaround.  She has taken powers from just about everyone, she should be able to do alot more.  Or does her power have some kind of time limit?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl

It really depends on how long she touches the person for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

She can't recall powersets anymore. Also, she can't absorb the complete energies of extremely powerful characters.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Green Skin

Most powerful? No.
    Most versatile? Yes.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CellphoneGirl

And wouldn't Hope be more powerful than Rogue?

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ForbushBug

I've never been a fan of powers like Rogue's. Any power duping or stealing has just always seemed cheap to me. Especially when you got some non-mutant character who had to go through an ordeal to get their powers and a journey of discovery learning about them then some schlub comes along and instantly can do it too.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Meteorite

No, because she has to make contact with someone to absorb their powers.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8  Edited By A-Strondinaire

She could but I think shes too humble to up and take everybodies powers unless it's really necessary which is why she hasn't been doing it recently. And it doesn't matter if she can't take strong characters just the right set of powers could make her unstoppable.

bigalow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By bigalow

In reality she would be,but she(just like all charecters) is no match for bad writing from marvel
    babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By babywix
    @ForbushBug said:

" I've never been a fan of powers like Rogue's. Any power duping or stealing has just always seemed cheap to me. Especially when you got some non-mutant character who had to go through an ordeal to get their powers and a journey of discovery learning about them then some schlub comes along and instantly can do it too. "

The way you said that mutants that have Rogue's power is cheap because of the way she can just absorb somebody's power and be able to control it when they had spent years honing and mastering their own, it got me thinking. Rogue can absorb somebody's psyche, their powers, their personality, and sometimes their level of intelligence for a small amount of time. Discounting events like when Rogue had absorbed Storm's powers back into the 80's and couldn't control it because Storm had spent years mastering her powers, maybe Rogue, to a level, absorbs a mutant's control over their powers when she touches them too? So she can't really "instantly" do it. If what I hypothesize is right, it just comes along with the knowledge she absorbs.
    And, being a Rogue fan, I would love for her to be the most powerful mutant of all, but I feel as if Marvel doesn't utilize her enough and they don't really show her true potential to readers.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Green Skin
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " And wouldn't Hope be more powerful than Rogue? "
    Good point!
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Hope may be more powerful but you have to wonder. She does have the Phoenix yes, but she has been displaying other mutants powers specifically (such as Cyclops's red eyes). Maybe way back when Hope was a baby and touched Rogue she absorbed Rogue's ability to absorb. She wiped Rogue clean but what if Hope took all those powers Rogue absorbed over the years. 

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @babywix:
    You are so right.  Rogue isn't a cheap character when she steals powers she always has to adjust and like babywix says, Just because Rogue can come up and steal peoples experience doesn't mean she can just be on par with them. Still Rogue is a versatile fighter, one of the reason why she was leader was because she's unpredictable and thinks of ways to use powers that even the user didn't know (Blasting a Laser through Diamond the option was there for so long). Not to mention she's work with Mystique so she knows things... (Layla Miller reference not included). But even so it's mostly only temporary. 

I don't know Forbushbug, you'll have to explain your position because so far I've never seen an issue where Rogue just up and cheats someone she's absorbing out of her power, aside from Ms. Marvel that I just wont debate for many reasons.
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Wouldn't you say that a good chunk of the time Rogue used her powers as a last resort option

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Leliel
    @A-Strondinaire:  And we also should point out they are things Rogue dose not seem able to absorbed among them Silver Surfer's cosmic power and Wonder Man, which is a shame I always wonder what Rogue would look like if she absorbed some ionic energy, maybe Galactus out to came her a herald for some time like he did with Dazzler
    Phoenix XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Phoenix XII
    @ForbushBug:
    Cheap? F@#K that! She spent the majoritly of her life unable to touch anyone, she's been the trough a bigger "ordeal" than any non mutant like spider-man ect, at least they could touch their famliy & friends; Rogue couldn't she was phsicaly  alone so, i'd say Rogue's powers had their price!
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex

One thing I wonder about Rogue, is her ability the recall powers actually gone or just locked away in her mind. I think its been established that most of problems regarding control of her powers are mental. I was wondering when all the stored powers were purged from her 
    when she came into contact with Hope was her ability to recall powers locked away but not lost forever. Any thoughts?

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @Leliel said:
    " @A-Strondinaire:  And we also should point out they are things Rogue dose not seem able to absorbed among them Silver Surfer's cosmic power and Wonder Man, which is a shame I always wonder what Rogue would look like if she absorbed some ionic energy, maybe Galactus out to came her a herald for some time like he did with Dazzler "
    True and when she did take Gen-Vell and Ares' powers they drained quickly.
    @lorex:
    I like to think that Rogue although completely wiped may still be able to recall powers while assisted by a telepath. One problem with Rogue in the past was telepaths couldn't get ahold of her because so many psyche's so reading past thoughts was impossible, but now with her mind empty and with enough help Rogue could recall a powerset or two from past memories, I could even see them doing an issue where Emma takes Rogue down her past like recent Uncanny issue where she did something similar with Cyclops. But on the Hope issue I just believe since their powers are similar they just negated each other but with the Phoenix; wiped her clean and left some of Hope's stray thoughts or Psychic residue.
    babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By babywix
    @A-Strondinaire said:
    " @babywix: You are so right.  Rogue isn't a cheap character when she steals powers she always has to adjust and like babywix says, Just because Rogue can come up and steal peoples experience doesn't mean she can just be on par with them. Still Rogue is a versatile fighter, one of the reason why she was leader was because she's unpredictable and thinks of ways to use powers that even the user didn't know (Blasting a Laser through Diamond the option was there for so long). Not to mention she's work with Mystique so she knows things... (Layla Miller reference not included). But even so it's mostly only temporary.  I don't know Forbushbug, you'll have to explain your position because so far I've never seen an issue where Rogue just up and cheats someone she's absorbing out of her power, aside from Ms. Marvel that I just wont debate for many reasons. "
    Yes, exactly! I didn't mention it, but you sure did, and glad you did so. Rogue isn't cheap because her powers makes her think more, which triggers her unorthodox methods of one-upping her opponents, not having one "permanent" power that she'll have for her whole life.
    ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By ForbushBug

Lighten up, fanboys. I was talking about power duping/stealing in general. Didn't realize people wouldn't be literate enough comprehend that and get their panties in a bunch because they  thought I was attacking their crush.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By agent9149

she has potential in ultimate x-men when she was on banshee she was kicking but

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @ForbushBug:
    We weren't saying you had a agenda against Rogue we were just stating the fact that her powers aren't a cheat. if you were literate enough to read the full posts instead of feeling ganged up on you would know.
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aqua11500

No far from it...yes if she could wield everyone's power at once,even just the power of 5 mutants she could be very versatile...thing is in order for Rogue to even absorb people she would have to get close to them,and the ones that are willing to fight back...No,just no..lol 

but she's very versatile character.

babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By babywix
    @ForbushBug: I was only trying to come up with some logical explanations. I just like analyzing stuff because it's fun and it sharpens the mind.
    Oh, and, by the way, wrong person to call a fanboy. I'm a girl who just happens to think that Rogue is a really cool character.
    And don't try to post an argumentative reply back to me. Not trying to fight you. Just pointing out something. And sorry if you thought we were getting mad, because I certainly am not. I just found your comments thoughtful, and I decided to expound on that. It's just a little friendly firing back to one another, and I hope you'll be able to handle it in the future. :)
    gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gambit18

Rogue is one of the most powerful mutant on the planet. The power of  Rogue...  increases more and more

If in the past was very powerful,in future we can imagine how it will be.

babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By babywix
    @agent9149: You mean when Rogue took Banshee and she could use power sets just by being near other mutants? Yeah, she did kick ass there.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skaddix

Only if she gets permanent absorption of at least few powers or doesn't have to touch people to get theirs.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By boob

I just saw this forum so sorry for the delay.

But this is what has been bothering me for a long time about the whole Rogue's ability to absorb people's powers and what not. I cann't remember what issue it was  but Rogue absorbed Jean Grey's powers once. And durring the whole Savage Land thing when we saw what was going on in her head the ecco of Jean was in a Phoenix form. So if she had that power still in her, then she would be a BIG power house. Now that I think about it, could that be the reason why she and Hope have that conection? Hmmmmmmmmmm........................

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SC  Moderator

Far too many variables involved, and really, trying to consider who is the most powerful mutants will always come with a bunch of depends and what if''s, but essentially Rogue's main problem, is she's a good person, she needs to touch powerful characters to be powerful herself, she might not always be able to touch them, and how long she has the power determines how long she gets them. Rogue is a great powerhouse to be worked into stories every now and then, and potentially there could be a story or arc centered on her, where she is all über but its probably not a good thing for the character if she was permanently at a power level, where she was a viable contender for the most power mutant tag and the stuff she would have to do to get there... (would be great if she battled a reality jumping super evil Rogue and had to borrow 616 characters power temporarily to beat her other self) 

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't think Rogue is the most powerful mutant but she has the potential to be extremely powerful and, as mentioned, is versatile.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Mercy_

She depends on others for her powers to work. If there was nobody else to copy powers from she would be SOL.  

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

"

I don't think Rogue is the most powerful mutant but she has the potential to be extremely powerful and, as mentioned, is versatile.

"
    Agree with this.  

@SC said:
    " Far too many variables involved, and really, trying to consider who is the most powerful mutants will always come with a bunch of depends and what if''s, but essentially Rogue's main problem, is she's a good person, she needs to touch powerful characters to be powerful herself, she might not always be able to touch them, and how long she has the power determines how long she gets them. Rogue is a great powerhouse to be worked into stories every now and then, and potentially there could be a story or arc centered on her, where she is all über but its probably not a good thing for the character if she was permanently at a power level, where she was a viable contender for the most power mutant tag and the stuff she would have to do to get there... (would be great if she battled a reality jumping super evil Rogue and had to borrow 616 characters power temporarily to beat her other self)  "
    And this. 
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By rogue_mar1e
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
    "

"
    ^ this
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SC  Moderator

I finally got to watch the episode of X-Men EVO, where Rogue starts busting out multiple powers. Woo ha, it was so fun (and sad) but that's sort of how Rogue should be played as a powerhouse, on occasion. Otherwise she'll end up dead like all the other powerful mutants >.>

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " I finally got to watch the episode of X-Men EVO, where Rogue starts busting out multiple powers. Woo ha, it was so fun (and sad) but that's sort of how Rogue should be played as a powerhouse, on occasion. Otherwise she'll end up dead like all the other powerful mutants >.> "
    Is that the one where she almost kills Wolverine?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @SC said:
    " I finally got to watch the episode of X-Men EVO, where Rogue starts busting out multiple powers. Woo ha, it was so fun (and sad) but that's sort of how Rogue should be played as a powerhouse, on occasion. Otherwise she'll end up dead like all the other powerful mutants >.> "
    Is that the one where she almost kills Wolverine? "
    Almost, she uses Madrox's powers to dupe, then the dupe Rogue's blast him simultaneously with Cyclops optic blasts, as well as I think, using Magneto's powers to throw and spin him around by his skeleton. This was after she denied Storm as well, who came in to save everybody, out teleporting Nightcrawler, and said 'Whatever' to Jean who tried to TK her down, so Rogue TKed her out. Okay, i have to stop now, this episode will bring out the inner fanboy I keep locked and buried lol
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @SC said:
    Is that the one where she almost kills Wolverine? "
    Almost, she uses Madrox's powers to dupe, then the dupe Rogue's blast him simultaneously with Cyclops optic blasts, as well as I think, using Magneto's powers to throw and spin him around by his skeleton. This was after she denied Storm as well, who came in to save everybody, out teleporting Nightcrawler, and said 'Whatever' to Jean who tried to TK her down, so Rogue TKed her out. Okay, i have to stop now, this episode will bring out the inner fanboy I keep locked and buried lol "
    LOL. I remember that episode. SUCH a good show. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  I know right, I am watching it for the first time from Season 1 to end. A friend told me I would like it, even though I don't like Rogue's look, she has most of the qualities i like about her, that show let a lot of characters shine and have cool moments, of will, and of powers. The last episode I watched was X-23's debut!! ^_^
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " @The Dark Huntress:  I know right, I am watching it for the first time from Season 1 to end. A friend told me I would like it, even though I don't like Rogue's look, she has most of the qualities i like about her, that show let a lot of characters shine and have cool moments, of will, and of powers. The last episode I watched was X-23's debut!! ^_^ "
    My favorite episode ever. Laura is one of my favorite characters. ^_^
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @SC said:
    " @The Dark Huntress:  I know right, I am watching it for the first time from Season 1 to end. A friend told me I would like it, even though I don't like Rogue's look, she has most of the qualities i like about her, that show let a lot of characters shine and have cool moments, of will, and of powers. The last episode I watched was X-23's debut!! ^_^ "
    My favorite episode ever. Laura is one of my favorite characters. ^_^ "

They really treat her well too, no wonder she became so popular. Evo is turning out really well for me, Magma, is awesome too, so is Rogue, and Boom Boom, and Gambit, and Magneto, and Mystique. It really sucks they never got to do more episodes! They planned on giving Rogue flying powers and all that later on! >.>
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @SC said:
    My favorite episode ever. Laura is one of my favorite characters. ^_^ "
     They really treat her well too, no wonder she became so popular. Evo is turning out really well for me, Magma, is awesome too, so is Rogue, and Boom Boom, and Gambit, and Magneto, and Mystique. It really sucks they never got to do more episodes! They planned on giving Rogue flying powers and all that later on! >.> "
    Well it was written by Kyle and Yost, who have also handled the majority of her appearances, I believe. So it makes sense that she was written well. ^_^ I loved everybody for the most part. There was a lot of great characterizations. I just wish that it had gone on longer. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  Do you recommend that newer X-Men cartoon? I heard mixed reports on it? I know Emma, Rogue and Domino were in it, so I'll probably eventually watch it. Plus yeah i agree, with what you said. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC: Wolverine and the X-Men? Yes. It's what gave me the final nudge to start reading comics. I would definitely recommend it. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress: Aweright, then its settled, once I am though with Evo, onto a next project lol, thanks for your help, and nice talk too! ^_^ 

In summary, yes, Rogue should be the most powerful mutant, by running around as diamond dupes shooting lasers at herself creating a giant red disco party, the ultimate mutant power. 
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By info nation
    @SC: Yup, that's right, potentially Rogue is the most powerful mutant!
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By PowerHerc

Potentially, yes. Automatically, no.

Avatar image for ndpnathanndpnathan
    NDPnathanNDPnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: marvel database says there's no limit to how much power she can absorb

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By homosexuality

rogue is not the most powerful those who cancel out super powers are like leech he cancel out the power of an omega level mutant he the most powerful.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in theory yes, but this is marvel where galatcus is always beaten as well so its not surprising she isn't as powerful

wayne67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogue is not the most powerful those who cancel out super powers are like leech he cancel out the power of an omega level mutant he the most powerful.

As far as I know Leech only has power negation and no other enhanced abilities. Even with no powers Rogue could still kick Leech's ass with ease because she is a combat veteran and he's a teen with no hand to hand combat experience (as far as I know).

Power negation isn't that great. I'm fairly sure mutants like Wiccan, MJJ, Mr M or Franklin Richards (maybe Elixir) are actually more powerful because they can turn off your power and kill you with lightning or a black hole or whatever. Reality Warpers are plentiful and dangerous in the Marvel Universe.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I am not mistaken it doesn't matter how long she touches someone she still gain's their powers, thoughts,memories and abilities. The only thing about touching someone is that the longer she touches someone the more she drains their energy.

Also she has shown to have residuals of this people still in her so with practice she would be able to recall any moment she has touched.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.