Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6623 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Should Rogue become D 3rd Ms Marvel and have an ongoing series?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    I am sorry, i couldn't find a better image.
    I am sorry, i couldn't find a better image.

Carol Danvers is the original Ms Marvel and then we got Moonstone become the second Ms Marvel. Should we get a third one?

I really want Rogue's powers back so I was thinking maybe she could accidentally absorb Gladiator's superstrength and flight only and we get her taking the title Ms Marvel and have her own ongoing series? What do you think?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Won't work I think. A lot of the fans who knew Rogue best with her super strength, super speed, durability and all that - they have either moved on, or accepted the character has changed, and they will be some of us (me included) who'd love to have her in a mini or series with those powers but not enough of us, plus you might put off a lot of Rogue fans, current Rogue fans, Rogue fans of the last few years who are fond of her current powers. Plus even if Mike Carey and Clay Mann was writing, chances are it wouldn't sell enough. i could go on and on. Plus Ms Marvel is very viable character for more success. It would hurt both characters I think to do this. You know, split fans? I'd love if there was an X-Men team traveling abroad and Rogue was in it and other X-Men heavy hitters and they went after like... (Rogue as a powerhouse but maybe after taking some of the COV characters powers permanently?)  

Cool thread though too!

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RainEffect

As a longtime fan of Ms. Marvel (having read all 50 of Reed's run), I can say that, unless she got direct permission from Carol to take the mantle - you would think it would be a massive insult to her. As we all know, Carol and Rogue don't exactly have the most friendly history and despite their best efforts to mend it, there is still a grudge beneath the exterior. 

It would, however, be an interesting storyline for the both of them. Sort of like how Bucky became Captain America and it pissed off quite a few people.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher

@SC said:

Won't work I think. A lot of the fans who knew Rogue best with her super strength, super speed, durability and all that - they have either moved on, or accepted the character has changed, and they will be some of us (me included) who'd love to have her in a mini or series with those powers but not enough of us, plus you might put off a lot of Rogue fans, current Rogue fans, Rogue fans of the last few years who are fond of her current powers. Plus even if Mike Carey and Clay Mann was writing, chances are it wouldn't sell enough. i could go on and on. Plus Ms Marvel is very viable character for more success. It would hurt both characters I think to do this. You know, split fans? I'd love if there was an X-Men team traveling abroad and Rogue was in it and other X-Men heavy hitters and they went after like... (Rogue as a powerhouse but maybe after taking some of the COV characters powers permanently?) Cool thread though too!

Well, it's kinda unlikely for Rogue to have her own ongoing series (most x-men women would unlikely have an ongoing) and I believe Rogue fans would still be fine that even if she'll be known as Ms Marvel, for as long as Rogue will have her own ongoing series.

If Moonstone was given an ongoing series as Ms Marvel, then Rogue can pull it off as the third Ms Marvel.

BY the way, did Moonstone's ongoing comics as Ms Marvel sell well?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jhazzroucher

@RainEffect said:

As a longtime fan of Ms. Marvel (having read all 50 of Reed's run), I can say that, unless she got direct permission from Carol to take the mantle - you would think it would be a massive insult to her. As we all know, Carol and Rogue don't exactly have the most friendly history and despite their best efforts to mend it, there is still a grudge beneath the exterior. It would, however, be an interesting storyline for the both of them. Sort of like how Bucky became Captain America and it pissed off quite a few people.

I've actually just watched the x-men animated series when Rogue was struggling control of her own mind and body against Ms Marvel. and at the end of the episode, Rogue visited Carol at the hospital and Carol smiled. I like the story between them.

I see. I get ya. I don't know how would Rogue take the title especially that Ms Marvel is fine right now.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE

Love that you apologized for the image, lol. You don't need to do that. Personally I love Carol and want Marvel to have a nice summit this holiday season and figure out exactly what they need to do with her to make it work. On a side to that, if they shipped a Rogue solo book I would so all over that and all elated and rolling and purring (more than the everyday happening of that I mean) and put the issues on a top of a bunch of rose petals on the ground and do my little flappy hand dance around them in celebration...I mean, *meekly * I think it would be pretty neat if their was a Rogue series and she wouldn't even need to be Ms.Marvel for it. She's been the driving and cover spotlight character for Legacy off and on now for awhile and done a fine job.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @jhazzroucher said:

Well, it's kinda unlikely for Rogue to have her own ongoing series (most x-men women would unlikely have an ongoing) and I believe Rogue fans would still be fine that even if she'll be known as Ms Marvel, for as long as Rogue will have her own ongoing series.

If Moonstone was given an ongoing series as Ms Marvel, then Rogue can pull it off as the third Ms Marvel.

BY the way, did Moonstone's ongoing comics as Ms Marvel sell well?

Most Marvel and DC characters are unlikely to have own ongoing series, these are hard times lol Its okay believing that Rogue fans would be fine, but like all fans, fans tend to disagree quite strongly when it comes to their fav characters, I hated, hated to death how MIlligan wrote Rogue in his rogue focused stories, I'd rather punch my own face 234 times than read a bad Rogue book. If Rogue has to use the Ms Marvel title just to..?!?! I'd take that as a sign the book would be bad.  

Moonstone was a villain who was pretending to be Ms Marvel as apart of the Dark Avengers and Dark Reign status quo and was with a group of characters pretending to do that and they could because Norman Osborn was in charge. He is not anymore and Rogue is not a villain. Plus Moonstone did not have an ongoing, she just took over Ms Marvel's ongoing for about... an arc? 5 issues?  

It sold enough to survive but cancelled about 2 arcs later?
    infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By infonation

@jhazzroucher: Wait! Maybe Rogue absorbs MOONSTONE'S powers instead! Then Moonstone would get a taste of what Carol went through as a bit of poetic justice! OR she could absorb exactly HALF of Apocalypse's powers and that would make them even matched arch-enemies because Apocalypse wants his power back and Rogue wants him to NOT do that... EVER! OR she could absorb the power of a very strong mutant who is dying and wants his/her powers to live on so that they can help save innocent people from harm long after he/ahe is gone. OR She could absob the powers of someone whose powers are growing to strong and the only way they can survive is by her taking half of them away. The possibilities are almost endless!

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LipstickZombie

I don't think Rogue would be a good Ms. M. But you never know, it would all come down to the writing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.