Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue's Potential for a Leader(Blog)

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

Edited By crimsonspider89

Alright, I have been thinking about this for a good while. 

Rogue can absorb memories as well as personality traits. Could it not be possible to absorb affinity for strategy and tactics as well hand to hand combat abilities. So, say if she perma absorbed the experience of Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, Psylocke into her memory as well as that affinity? This could be possible. Would that not make her one of the most gifted leaders and hand to hand fighters ever to grace a marvel comic? I mean, this fact could put her on levels of strategy up there with Steve Rogers as well as hand to hand combat due to Wolverine and Psylocke's experience and knowledge of the martial arts. Agree or disagree? What are your thoughts on it?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think having her pull a more permanent absorb like that would be backsliding. 
    besides, she already is leader material. the put her in the spot once already,
    and Mike Carey planned on having her lead the younger mutants, which they covered
    in the Annual. unfortunately it doesnt seem to be panning out. i'm guessing its because
    Legacy is getting its own story derailed somewhat by needing to coincide with cross-overs.

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By crimsonspider89

I know she is a good leader. Just a lot of people say she is not and was not a good leader. Just pointing out that she can absorb these qualities and become a leader on the caliber as Steve as well. 

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yodagod
    @crimsonspider89:
    They could always short-cut and have the Cuckoos allow her to remember every skill she ever absorbed like they did with Prodigy.  She would have tactics from Captain America, Cyclops, Magneto... fighting skills from Cap, Wolverine, Kitty... scientific knowledge from Beast, Mags, Sinister.... She'd be pretty bad a$$ even without her powers.  But I agree with CATMANEXE.  She's already proven to be an effective leader, even during some of the roughest times the X-men had while simultaneously dealing with one of the hardest periods in her own life.  I think rogue is underrated in general, and overlooked as a simple power-sink gestault type character, which is really not what she's about. 
    A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By A-Strondinaire
    @yodagod:
    I think she's underrated too most people point out that she was the weakest leader because she had gotten herself ambushed by Mystique and the Marauders but if you look at all the good she did half of that won't matter. But on the topic she could be a good leader with all those traits but as seen when she had Ms. Marvel's power most of her psyche wore off, so she would be on par of Cyclops, Captain America, and Iron Man but later on it would wear off.
    babywix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By babywix

When it comes to her leading skills, I find her underappreciated in this category. I love her unorthodox ways of dealing with things, because it always keeps comic books being exciting reads, when a major character is taking a risk. Of course, she'd be more useful as a leader if she'd have some "permanent" power like she had with Sunfire and Miss Marvel. She utilizes her powers smartly, as shown when Rogue won over Wolverine in battle for a leading position but she needed to let it go due to the unpredictable nature of her powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.