Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue: with Gambit or without?

• 70 results
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Sidney

Seperate them forever.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Sidney said:
    "Seperate them forever. "

Many want that, but obviously, we're not getting it any time soon.
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sidney

They made Rogue into a hoe in the comics freaking almost every man and getting pregant.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Vindellavon
    @Sidney said:
    "

They made Rogue into a hoe in the comics freaking almost every man and getting pregant.

"

Eh... I think every character in marvel universe, male and female, is hoe-bag. But then again, that's just me. If you're talking mainstream 616 comics, her issue with Gambit is the only thing I have a huge problem with. As for other universes and such, Rogue's pairings are a bit awkward to think about, but they all fare much better than Romy.
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sidney

Coem on Rogue and Magneto? And how everyone esle in Marveil hoe bug? They do not get women or get themselves pregant that much.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vindellavon

I can name a few.Logan, Emma, Scott... I'm sure there's more.

... Gambit? Womanizer, much?

... Betsy?

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Lifeguard85
    @Neobamboom said:
    "
    Suigetsu said:
    marry them once and for all and be done with it!
    agreed.
    "
    ditto, enough with the drama, its the same thing as her not being able to control her powers for so many years, pick a road and stick with it
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By LoganRogue24

Gambit and Rogue allways sucked as a couple thats why i like the idea of Wolverine and Rogue cause it has never been done before that ik of anyway.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vindellavon
    @LoganRogue24 said:
    "Gambit and Rogue allways sucked as a couple thats why i like the idea of Wolverine and Rogue cause it has never been done before that ik of anyway. "

All they ever do with Rogan is tease. That's what I find really annoying in Rogue's relationships, they just keep on teasing.
    Sirnoobsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sirnoobsalot

The two complement each other very well. IDK wtf the haters are talking about. Actually, looking at all of this, pretty much the only reason anyone doesn't like the pairing is because "I liked them better alone." I.E. "Screw having real tangible emotions in my characters! I want them to feel like me! Lonely and hopeless." With the recent alteration of Rogue's powers, there is once again a chance for their relationship to be reborn, hopefully with a new outcome.  

On a more important note, a character should not be restricted to actions or emotions that only the fans want. Fans (no offense here) don't know wtf they want 90% of the time. More importantly though, these characters should be treated as more than just a product for the fans. Ultimately, characters need to grow, and of course, they need their relationships to grow as well. Gambit and Rogue have a chemistry that is endearing to many people. He is a man who could have any woman he wanted... and he fell in love with the only one he couldn't touch. That says something very powerful about someone, and honestly makes Gambit a better character for it.  So, those who like Gambit should appreciate the depth Rogue brings to him.

Ingonyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ingonyama

First-time poster here.

I love Rogue and I love Gambit. But to be painfully honest, I don't love Rogue and Gambit.

Gambit...as I understand him...is a charming, sleazy devil-may-care trickster with just enough charisma (charm power or no) to get himself in trouble.  Rogue...again, just my interpretation...is tough, brash, rebellious, and temperamental. (Of course I only know of her with Carol Danvers' psyche and powers, so maybe she's not quite as butch without them)

I think they both bring something essential to the X-Men, elements and dimensions that didn't exist before. But their relationship has been an annoying distraction since Claremont first left the books in '91. When they're written the way I like them, the relationship is of equal partners and provides a sense of adventure and fun. When mishandled, the angst factor shoots through the roof and they become pits of soap opera drama. X-Men comics lately are a little too depressing for me to be able to deal with that. 

Unfortunately, I've seen far too much angst out of them to remember any really good moments in the last five years or so. It's starting to make me wonder if there might not be better partners for them out there somewhere. Or maybe even if they shouldn't be...gasp...SINGLE AGAIN for a while. Not 'angsty, wallowing in self-pity' single, but 'seeing other people casually, broadening their horizons' single. 

I hate it when characters are defined solely by their relationships (poor, poor Jean Grey). I'd like to see these two stand strong and separate for a while, and re-establish why they're popular before throwing them back onto the on-again-off-AGAIN roller coaster.

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

Rogue and Gambit where a good couple but it endet when rogue absorbted  his powers .

kectoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kectoons
    No Caption Provided
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LoganRogue24

to me Gambit and Rogue never clicked well i mean they were a good couple for a while but it fizzled out i think. i agree it ended when Rogue absorbed his powers and saw his memories.
    Degobunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Degobunny

I would perfer Rogue not be without Gambit. Gambit should be with someone that has more of his values. The final straw for me was Storm and Gambit getting it on in x-treme x-men, while gambit was suppose to be committed to Rogue. To top it all off, Rogue did not even have her power when he and Storm got intimate. So Gambit was essentially being a jerk just to be jerk, Rogue deserves way better.
    SDSMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SDSMP

i actually love soap operas. I love rogue and gambit for this reason, hes the womanizing cool dude whos with the woman he cant even touch. that and temptation is a great soap opera

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By Suigetsu

I like em together, They make more sense than other forced up pairings in the Marvel Universe. Besides they where pretty popular in the 90's.
    Even the writter of X-23 says she would like to write about Rouge, Gambit and Jubilee. Heck if she does then that would be ACE on my comic shop List!

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mistrx75

While Gambit solo for a while is great, in the end I'd like to see them together.  Even though comics never have and "in the end".  Not in the main continuity, anyway.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By rogue_mar1e

WITH GAMBIT ! xD  ♥ 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70  Edited By crimsonspider89

Without. They just don't click as a couple anymore. Ever since she learned his memories and no longer as the ultimate tease, there relationship does not click as it once did. Her and Magneto seem to have better chemistry as of right now.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnoobsalot: you know gambit is a player right always has been.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimsonspider89: i agree to me Rogue clicks more with Wolverine then anyone else in my opion.

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone is really getting desperate if they have to bring up a 9 or a 10 year old post... Wolverine is far more of a player than Gambit, but Remy has always been faithful when he was with Rogue.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.