Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6608 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue & Magneto?

• 129 results
    CherryLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By CherryLips

Rogue and Deadpool!  I mean if we're going to go crazy and all... 

But really, Magneto is a bi-polar individual.  His ups and downs can be so severe, why get in a relationship with that kind of drama.  The devil you know is always better than the devil you don't.  Rogue and Gambit have established themselves as the most stable of relationships in the X-verse, but the writers do need to either progress the relationship or...and as much as it pains me to say this, end it.  Who else could stay in a high school age relationship for 18 years?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By fodigg
    @davidkenneth@davidkenneth said:
    @SC: You're right Sentry and Rogue just doesn't or didn't make sense.
    I think it makes sense in the context of "Sentry has the power to rewrite history to make himself more important." He's basically a walking mary-sue retcon generator. When you think about how sinister that is, I think that makes him a really interesting villain. Forget the whole "void" thing, that alone makes him a villain.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#103  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @fodigg said:
    @davidkenneth:  
    @SC: You're right Sentry and Rogue just doesn't or didn't make sense.
    I think it makes sense in the context of "Sentry has the power to rewrite history to make himself more important." He's basically a walking mary-sue retcon generator. When you think about how sinister that is, I think that makes him a really interesting villain. Forget the whole "void" thing, that alone makes him a villain.

It makes sense in that context if we apply one characters narrative so it extends to making any other character privy to change for that character's benefit. Your right in that it makes him a compelling villain, but at what cost? Dr Doom destroying all the heroes and then living in a hero free world and then trying to find redemption in that world sounds potentially interesting as well, except there is much conflict in that almost all those other characters have their own stories to tell, fans, and narratives. Nature of the shared Universe and all that. In such broad terms, a lot of things could make sense. 

With Sentry's retcons, stuff like him teaching Angel to not be afraid of heights might fly (aha I am so lame) but Rogue's touch, personal and emotional issues are way more invested into by fans, because its a much bigger and more significant part of her story. Its like if next week, someone wrote Sentry was just an evil construct figment of Blue Marvel's imagination brought out by repression. 0_0
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By fodigg
    @SC said:

teaching Angel to not be afraid of heights might fly (aha I am so lame) 

You are my favorite person in the world right now. 

And good points, but again, it depends on the story. Basically, Sentry is molecule man except he doesn't realize he's doing it and nobody catches him until he gets out of control. He's addicted to being a popular superhero and can't stop mucking around with things. That might suck when a writer thinks it's a great idea to have sentry mind-retcon Prof X into having unpure, psychic thoughts about him or something, but that raises the stakes in a way that few other villains really can. 

A normal villain can kill your favorite hero, the Sentry can f*** up their entire history and not even realize he's doing it. In fact, while he does it you can't help but kind of feel bad for him, because he's basically a junky. There's a lot they can do with that, and really he's no worse than characters like Mephisto. 

There have been Sentry stories I absolutely loved and there have been Sentry stories I thought were the worse thing ever. In the end, it's the ones that make him just seem like a crazy superman—ignoring his primary motivations and the real horror of his situation—that I dislike, regardless of what new retcons he introduces.
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By davidkenneth

You know what I just got over the whole Magneto, Sentry and Rogue thing. I figure until it is definitely said in comics I going to say believe that Magneto told Rogue that he didn't want to have sex with her and she left and with Sentry and Rogue the only thing she said to Cyclops and Emma was that she knew him and they hugged it out. Just like I'm going to believe that Hal Jordan only played drunk spin the bottle with the Huntress and what's her face (not insulting her I just don't know her name). Also I choose to believe that X 23s time as a prostitute only amount to handjobs, god it feels good to get that of my chest. Because I'm going to believe that good characters don't have to make bad decision just because their writers want them too.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By fodigg

This thread inspired me to make a short fan-fic about the Sentry. It's meant to show how I feel they could progress the character from his current position to make him an interesting villain. Of course, I'm sure there are those who would rather he just stay dead.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By leigh_rogue888

I just read one of the Legacy's issues where Gambit is talking to Frenzy saying he is giving Rogue time to see up close and remind her that he is going to do something to prove Magneto will never change and she will come back to Gambit. How convinced am I that Magneto is going to be a good guy from here on out, not sure. But I will always hold onto some strange hope of 'happily ever after' for Rogue and Gambit to be together in the end.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @leigh_rogue888 said:
    I just read one of the Legacy's issues where Gambit is talking to Frenzy saying he is giving Rogue time to see up close and remind her that he is going to do something to prove Magneto will never change and she will come back to Gambit. How convinced am I that Magneto is going to be a good guy from here on out, not sure. But I will always hold onto some strange hope of 'happily ever after' for Rogue and Gambit to be together in the end.
    Magneto will slip up eventually, basically when the writer gets bored with the idea they will throw in some issue to pull them apart. It probably won't be too severe he will probably get carried away during the aftermath of schism if schism doesn't provoke their break up
    MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MrSeaman70

The solution is simple, get the High Evolutionary to merge Magneto and Gambit together and Rogue will have the best of both worlds.. LOL 

On a serious note, I agree with other readers' comments that Magneto's mood swings can be very extreme and severe. If he really is a gentle loving soul at heart, Magneto and Prof-X would still be best friends forever.

Sometimes Rogue can be so stupid when it comes to choosing between Magneto and Gambit. If you were Rogue and you had the 2 to choose from, who would you seal the deal with ?

1) Magneto : Mass muderer, believes in utter genocide (Actively murdered hundreds)

2) Gambit : Made a deal with Mr Sinister and led the Marauders to the Morlock tunnels. (Passively murdered hundreds)

Hmm...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#110  Edited By xerox_kitty

@MrSeaman70 said:

Sometimes Rogue can be so stupid when it comes to choosing between Magneto and Gambit. If you were Rogue and you had the 2 to choose from, who would you seal the deal with ?

1) Magneto : Mass muderer, believes in utter genocide (Actively murdered hundreds)

2) Gambit : Made a deal with Mr Sinister and led the Marauders to the Morlock tunnels. (Passively murdered hundreds)

Hmm...

I'd choose secret option number 3; time to find someone else ;)

MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MrSeaman70

Yup, I totally agree. Rogue needs a tie-breaker :)
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By jrock85
    @xerox-kitty
    How long is Marvel gonna beat us over the head with this crappy love triangle? 

This is one of the rare times that you and I are online at the same time. LOL
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By xerox_kitty

She needs a fresh start.  Magneto wasn't even a contender for over 20 years (discounting the Age of Apocalypse).  If they had just settled for Gambit then I would have been fine, but they even managed to screw that up with the whole Mystique/Foxx/Pulse debacle.  But to suddenly be in love with a mass murderer who's old enough to be her grand-father...?!  As much as I like Mike Carey's writing, this relationship just makes e want to puke.

So Rogue-Gambit has been done to death, Rogue-Magneto is just plain creepy, it's time to give her someone new...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#114  Edited By Mercy_

Choosing between her two current prospects I've made it known that I prefer Magneto. I'm just so freaking tired of the soap opera that is her and Gambit. I think Marjorie Liu put it best.  

If this was real life, that relationship would be one of those bad running jokes that people tell each other around dinner, or when there's nothing else to talk about and so you go to the one topic that's only less boring than dull silence. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a fan of Gambit and Rogue, but the relationship doesn't do either of them any favors.

That being said, I don't think that Magneto's right for her either in the long run (although there is potential there), merely a much better choice than Gambit. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SC  Moderator

Rogue was an amazing and awesome character for ten plus years of stories, before any love interests entered the fray. Comic writers should nail the top ten male characters in comics to love interest before they start thinking all the popular female characters need constant love from partners. Then they wonder why the entire industry is falling headfirst into blenders. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SC: Don't you miss the good old days of Rogue & Dazzler fighting or Longshot's attention? ;)
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    @SC: Don't you miss the good old days of Rogue & Dazzler fighting or Longshot's attention? ;)

*Nods* See, that stuff was way more fun and innocent and playful! It didn't try too hard! Maybe I was born in the wrong decade? =(
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By xerox_kitty

Maybe they just don't write 'em like they used to.  Although even back in the day it never seemed like Longshot would choose Rogue... He's a pretty tactile kinda guy ;)

Remember the issue where Carol's psyche took over Rogue's body to save Michael Rossi?  I felt so sorry for Rogue who had the memories of being in love with & spurned by a guy she'd never met before.   

The Magneto & Rogue relationship died as quickly as Zaladane did in the Savage Land.  It just baffles me that after all this time she's been lusting over him despite the fact that she saw him murder someone... and how the hell did he woo her with the story of how he murdered a war criminal?  Just what is it about Rogue's personality that she's drawn to a psychotic mass murderer?? 

And the age gap is just plain wrong.  She's younger than most of his kids!

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By LoganRogue24

i want a Wolverine Rogue pairing at least once darn it.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#120  Edited By Kairan1979
    @xerox_kitty
    in the world full of strong healthly people who fought in WWII or remembered Ancient Rome, the age difference don't mean anything. Just ask Duncan McLeod.
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#121  Edited By crimsonspider89

I am fine with the Magneto/Rogue relationship. Hell I would be fine for instance Sue Storm dating Spider Man. 

Age doesn't effect me that much. 

But the Rogue/Gambit relationship does not work anymore. It is boring and does not displays real life chemistry which the Mags/Rogue does. Even if it is a S/M type relationship with one beating the other up while the other doesn't show affection.(Since the Legion captured by Styx is most likely Rogue) 

But I would like to see Rogue with several others as well. Cannonball, Iceman, Cap(Cap does have a soft spot for villains turned heroes) just to name a few.

RazielWraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#122  Edited By RazielWraith

I fail to see how the Mags/Rogue work at all...  MrSeaman70 pretty said perfectly, is Rogue just going to forget everything that he's done to them and everyone else for so many years???? Only little kids say that age doesn't matter. Gambit/Rogue can work, they just need better writers... although expecting actually good writing from Marvel these days and asking most people at places like this to make sense is a waste of time.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By jrock85
    @RazielWraith
    I really believe that its an editorial mandate.
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#124  Edited By crimsonspider89

No Rogue isn't but Gambit has done awful things in the recent years as well.  

Everybody seems to have forgiven Magneto about the past.  

Gambit/Rogue currently is stale. Lost the flair of the past. Happens, could be fixed but even the best X-writer can't write Gambit. ONLY writer who does a good Gambit is Liu. And making Rogue/Gambit work in the current situation is hard. There personalities don't seem to mesh as well it has in the past.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By leigh_rogue888

I will hold out hope for better writers for Rogue/Gambit. I do agree that throwing Magneto in it is just to give it controversy but to pair Gambit with Franzy!!! AHHHH!!!! Of all people especially her coming off the Cyclops AoX story it feels forced even with her giving him crap about watching Magneto and Rogue together just to build chemistry. Blah! I do agree with Crimsonspider89 that it would be interesting to see either Cannonbball or Iceman with Rogue, but it may feel forced seeing how they have shown most interections between these characters as more sibling love.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that would be... strange. @crimsonspider89 said:

I am fine with the Magneto/Rogue relationship.
    Age doesn't effect me that much.

true age doesn't seem affect marvel characters' judgement, but he was a bad guy I don't think rouge would trust him enough to be in a relationship. How would they possibly strengthen each other's characters?

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Well now it is official. Whatever Magneto and Rogue might have had is over. She does not want to be in a relationship with a dominant personality like Magneto. I know they won't lead her back to Gambit any time soon, but I think the writers gave fans what they have wanted for a long time, the strong independent Rogue from long ago. But who they will pair her up with next I really dont want to see. Hopefully not anytime soon.

Trapaceira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Trapaceira

@ AngelFrost : certissima!!!!

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By boob

Watch those hands Sage!! 
    Watch those hands Sage!! 

AHHH!! They even match outfits!!!!  
    AHHH!! They even match outfits!!!!  

I think these are much more interesting. lol 
    I think these are much more interesting. lol 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.