Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6608 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue & Magneto?

• 129 results
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @AngelFrost: still boo you :P
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By warlock360

Well according to the Polls on Marvel.com she aint alone lol

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:   Shhhhhh. :P
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Voidheart:@AngelFrost: 
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Damn!  Magneto is soooo hot. *droools*  and with a body like that? I don't blame Rogue, I'd tap that.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By warlock360

never doubted it ;)

foxglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By foxglove

I actually really like the way they're trying to ease the Rogue/Magneto concept back into continuity.

He's seems dedicated to the idea of courting her, and has this really charming sort of certainty that he's just going to be patient until she comes around. It's actually really sweet. Magneto has always been very inventive in the use of his powers, I could see them working together and being quite the fearsome power-couple.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Primmaster64

Apperently Sentry now too.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Namor1987

So does this picture mean they're getting back together?

Rogue & Magneto passionately making out
    Rogue & Magneto passionately making out
    mindbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mindbender

wat rouage and magnito the world has ended
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#60  Edited By time1

I wouldn't mind magneto & rogue, they were together in age of apocalypse, which was  one of the best story arcs of all time. I also have another favourite story which was crossroads. So seeing magneto & rogue together for a while, might be route the writers could explore. Although I think she should end up with Gambit for good.  I don't want to them truly end like scott & jean did, I didn't think it wasn't fair to Jean Grey character at that the time, just like it wouldn't  be to gambit, for it end for real.   

No Caption Provided
    zero man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By zero man

weird very i fear for her

Earth-1610 Ultimate
    Earth-1610 Ultimate
    this comic what she did
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Well its nice that Magneto is courting her can't wait to see how that pans out. I mean supposedly he was revamped when he got his powers back, but he is overexerting himself. Is it because he is pushing himself to the limit or he is way too old to begin with?

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By A-Strondinaire

I don't know they could go for Sam remeber the Legacy issue after the Necrosha event

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Yes when the showed some mysteriously having googlely thoughts towards Rogue and giving nothing else. I had my theories, mostly towards Sam. Although after that comment Sam made to Remy when he was death, its a good possibility.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#65  Edited By JonesDeini

Rogues not that girl from the savage land anymore, she's grown so much and doesn't need a man period. Her reasons for her prior attraction to him don't even exist any more. In fact, I see no reason for her to be with any man at all right now. Screw the whole her and Remy thing as well. That ship has sailed and it's over, folk. They should be friends, because they both clearly, deeply care about one another. But I feel that flame has fizzled a decade ago. In either case some flirting's fine, but a serious relationship with either makes no sense. The only reason people want the latter is because it's the status quo and  the norm. I wish the editors would take a step back and let writers be writers. That's the biggest issue with comics in this decade and especially in X-Men. The X books of the 80's and early-mid 90's were the best (and some of the best comics period) because they were character driven plots, not plot (read editorial) driven characters. Things were organic, logical. You know what I would have liked to see? A follow up of the possible romance between Rogue and Colossus, know why that didn't happen? Because the editor said "NO!!! Rouge/Gambit!!! It's in the X-Bible!!!" I've seen what a great (read; nearly unfix-able, failure of) job Axel Alonso and others have done during Brubaker/Fraction's run and it's clear to me that if Carey pushes this forward it's one of their dictates. Carey's a company man and will tow the line, I respect his professionalism in that regard but have to keep it 100 and call it cowardly, disingenuous, and flat out hypocritical when he engages in double speak during interviews. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator

Okay there are less people I disagree with in this thread, than the other thread lol, so good. lol

@JonesDeini said:
    " Rogues not that girl from the savage land anymore, she's grown so much and doesn't need a man period. Her reasons for her prior attraction to him don't even exist any more. In fact, I see no reason for her to be with any man at all right now. Screw the whole her and Remy thing as well. That ship has sailed and it's over, folk. They should be friends, because they both clearly, deeply care about one another. But I feel that flame has fizzled a decade ago. In either case some flirting's fine, but a serious relationship with either makes no sense. The only reason people want the latter is because it's the status quo and  the norm. I wish the editors would take a step back and let writers be writers. That's the biggest issue with comics in this decade and especially in X-Men. The X books of the 80's and early-mid 90's were the best (and some of the best comics period) because they were character driven plots, not plot (read editorial) driven characters. Things were organic, logical. You know what I would have liked to see? A follow up of the possible romance between Rogue and Colossus, know why that didn't happen? Because the editor said "NO!!! Rouge/Gambit!!! It's in the X-Bible!!!" I've seen what a great (read; nearly unfix-able, failure of) job Axel Alonso and others have done during Brubaker/Fraction's run and it's clear to me that if Carey pushes this forward it's one of their dictates. Carey's a company man and will tow the line, I respect his professionalism in that regard but have to keep it 100 and call it cowardly, disingenuous, and flat out hypocritical when he engages in double speak during interviews.  "

Yes this! Very well said, I wish you posted this on the other thread as well lol Plus this is not really a Rogue and Magneto thing, its a symptom of a bigger problem affecting X-Books. Just inorganic hook ups and character pairings for the sake of the plot at the expense of more significant character and organic interactions. Okay, so Kitty is back now, and Cypher is alive? Have we seen any interaction? Uh nope. Colossus best friend dies, and instead of rushing to tell his girlfriend who also happened to be a very close friend of Nightcrawler and hell probably spent more time with him than other X-Men when you consider Excalibur days what happens? They are talking about a movie and smiling while his body is still warm!!!!!!! Lol WTF mutants... no wonder humans are always calling them monsters and stuff.. they hardly register death or remember who their friends are... then of course writers and editors will say... oh, well that stuff all happens off panel. Yet they find time on panel for Rogue to flirt with Magneto? They find time to drag out Rogue and Gambit? Surely that panel time could be better spent with other characters. Hell, Nightcrawler was Rogue's half brother! Why not have a moment where Gambit gives her a hug as friend, why not have Gambit and Storm play chess and remember their friend. I did not know that Wolverine was the only one that cared about Elf. Why do characters have to be defined by romance? Comics is not a good medium for it, you need subtlety, and timing, and proper characterization, and you even need a good artist to make it work. Sue Storm and Reed Richards are in a team with just four characters and they have had over 40 years of comics, and even they have trouble making romance work lol, X-Men characters have more books sure, but they have like over 30 main characters... look at Age of X, Age of X, Rogue, Cyclops, Magneto, Gambit, are all awesome, because they aren't weighed down by artificial drama. Its kinda ironic in one way... 

Anyway, nicely said! All points. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SC  Moderator

Okay, apologies, I wrote this in the other Rogue/Magneto thread, its locked now, I did not know this was the original thread so sorry for that too. I did make a very long post in the other thread though so I will sleep easier reposting it into the thread that won't get locked, after putting so much time into it, in case people want to disagree with me or whatever lol Since I really like Rogue, I really like Gambit, and I really like Magneto, and I have strong opinions on all three! What follows is copy/pasted. 

"This reminds me a lot of Wolverine getting his metal ripped out by Magneto. One writer brought up the idea jokingly, and a ton of other writers embraced and ran with it so enthusiastically, much to the chagrin of PAD, the writer who brought it up. Its the same here as well, like 20 years ago, Rogue and Magneto weren't a couple when they were involved briefly at the Savage Land, they were never intended to be, so says the writer of the issue, it was essentially going to be like Colossus intimate moment with Rogue circa X-Men #100, well at least as its become, no one is asking for that romance back are they? (The irony being that CC wanted a Rolossus to be a significantly more serious thing, as even back then he felt that writers were setting up a character destructive situation for both Gambit and Rogue, and he wished to avoid that)  

Yet for so many writers that came after CC (many of my favorites mind you), who probably didn't have as much grasp on most of the characters, and probably didn't understand what made each character popular (but usually the overall theme sound) had this desire to tease out Magneto and Rogue. Again 20 years ago, such interactions were fairly organic and this is why. Magneto never took this relationship seriously. Rogue was a hot, naive southern belle, who never really viewed Magneto as a villain would only ever attempt to see the good in his nature and she would excuse so many of his actions. For a guy who felt justified for any of his actions because of the intent and effects behind his motivations, this would be pretty appealing and ego appeasing in any context. So Rogue's admiration would have been flattering, but a serious relationship? Uh, no. Also back then, Rogue was naive, that and strong headed and stubborn. Lacking experience in physical and emotional intimacy and drawn to mysterious, dark horses, who were a bit edgy and of course very charismatic, oh and with a touch of dangerous as well. Which are qualities both Gambit and Magneto, and even Joseph shared.  

The difference between Gambit and Magneto, isn't just that Gambit is much younger, Gambit is more reserved and more relaxed and he doesn't have a cause that he would place above anything else like Magneto would. He is also somewhat more, well not naive, Gambit has a healthier, less cynical view of the world and its inhabitants than Magneto. Gambit and Rogue play off each other much, much better, because Gambit is so smooth, he is such a charmer and relaxed and reckless, and such characters can quickly be mischaracterized or identified as misogynistic or chauvinistic, when Remy is so far from being those things. So with Rogue we can see a sweeter, more sentimental heart broken side of him. We can realize how much he respects women, and how patient he can be and well, we get to see how nice a guy he is. He is a ladies man, but he is staunchly pro women/feminist at the same time. Its a rare combination. For Rogue, a Romy relationship done right, grounds her. This was a character that use to run (fly) around kissing a ton of villains yet found it uncomfortable in any actual genuine romantic situations, she was arrogant and over confident, and she could be, she was almost as durable and strong as Colossus, she could fly almost as fast as Storm, and she was a brawler, and she could also power up by draining powers and knock out people that way as well. So with Gambit, all the storylines, dealing with her vulnerability in regards to not being able to physically touch others, those stories developed and upgraded to the next level, and this was good for her as new stories could be told, but her strong points and things that made her popular? They were essentially the same. Ditto with Gambit, all his positives were magnified creatively. Their flirting was healthy and organically aided character development. It makes sense, the writer who defined both of them and made them popular knew how to play both characters off each other in fresh and positive ways for both characters, Fans of both characters weren't missing out too much either. Rogue was still a pretty independent, super strong sassy flying brick. Gambit was a mysterious thief with a heart of gold, and some cool skills with cards and a bo staff.  

Can Magneto and Rogue draw out as much of each other creatively? Potentially. Just like all characters, Galactus and Spider-man, Magneto and Xavier, Gambit and X-23, your favorite character and your most hated favorite character, but Magneto and Rogue unlike Rogue and Gambit have never been written competently in any serious context. The closest was AOA, where Magneto essentially blackmailed a younger more naive Rogue into being with him, because they could be physically intimate, and in this context of Rogue (I liked AOA Magneto in all other contexts) he was so jealous and petty he actually ensured the other romantic rival for Rogue was sent out into space? What the writers intended there sort of didn't really come off to well in practice. Read their story with a critical eye instead of casually and their relationship was rather ill-conceived on multiple levels, and as the writer has admitted based on something they thought was cool, after reading the Savage Land encounter which that writer only ever intended as most casual encounter and has regretted ever since lol 

In any case now, its 20 years later for both situations roughly, and Rogue is a lot less naive and she is older, and she is more in control, and she has even lead her team a few times too, and many other facets of the character have evolved and progressed. Somewhere before all that she also dramatically lost a lot of popularity as all the fans of her as she was best typified in the 90's cartoon (which drew more from Rogue character wise in the late 80's with the sexed up va va voom look of the 90's) probably left after a string of creative adjustments from writers trying to stop her falling popularity and kick start her. Even Grant Morrison wanted to kill her off, turn her into a voodoo emo goth or something...  

Essentially though, what can Magneto offer Rogue now relationship? In practice, not theory. I am sure a good writer could make Rogneto work, and not detract from each other character, but a good writer could make Galaneto work as well, as well Blob 23, and Domo Boom, and any random character pairing. The best Magneto could aid Rogue in, has already been demonstrated by Carey. With flirting. Where as twenty years ago, Rogue was so naively endeared with this guy and brought every line he threw out and would excuse and justify his behavior to her fellow team mates (remember back with the Russian Sub incident? For a naive teen/young adult with not much experience emotionally of physically and probably with a physical attraction to this older charismatic and powerful man, its not that questionable, it sort of works well really.  

As a senior X-Men, looking after a bunch of kids, a lot older, a lot more experienced and a lot wiser? Has she forgotten that Magneto just killed a women in front of her? Can she not understand Magneto a lot more and realize he would have never been that serous with her as that is how he was written? Not quite, and this is why we got a different Rogue Magneto relationship in the last year of Legacy. In fact we got to see and Rogue has even commented on how she has changed and grown up a lot more. She is friendly with him sure, but Rogue is friendly to everyone. Possibly this difference in her attitude makes Rogue seem more desirable in Magnetos eyes but it won't be serious either, and so flirting can work between the two characters and should organically.  

I question anything more though and I doubt that Carey is the catalyst behind this (for a number of what I consider obvious reasons), I don't deny he would defend it, as well, but Carey defends everything Marvel, he even defended the Sentry thing even though he was blindsided by that revelation. He is sort of a nice professional dude in that sense. His writing contradicts a lot of things though lol. In practice anything more (than flirting) is probably going to be straight up regression for Rogue. Not beneficial at all. Conceptually its not even that sound character wise. The only reason I see this happening is for plot reasons, which in fact would make this manufactured. Why it might work for the plot, is because Rogue is a high profile character and Magneto still has his history as a villain and we have an X-Men Civil War coming up and both teams will need to have some legitimacy to be interesting and having Magneto firmly rooted by then as a good guy then, or unquestionable relatively as in motivations, would aid that perception a lot. Except what was most peoples big issue with Civil War? Mischaracterization by characters, and manufacturing events, grudges against and between characters inorganically.  

X-Men story telling has been plot based for a while now, as opposed to character driven, not a bad thing, but it aids us to a degree when assigning motivations with creative decisions.  

Okay, I feel I nailed enough nails in the coffin that is Mogue and why it could be okay, will probably not be if it actually happens, why its happening therefore anyway, and although I am not a fan of Rogue and Gambit and both need friendship from each other than anything more, which in the past killed both characters, in the past they were much, much better creatively. And if you don't agree with me, you obviously molest trees in public parks"

I also wanted to post what RoguefanAm posted as well, to paraphrase

" I agree, it'd just put her backwards in terms of character progression. She doesn't play off Magneto well, she needs a man that won't try and dominate her like he will (or none at all). It'll really annoy me if Carey goes this direction so I hope he doesn't"
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#68  Edited By JonesDeini
    @SC: 
    So much win. 

Relationships in the modern X-titles are so capricious that I don't even acknowledge most of them as cannon :P

Speaking of Kitty and Peter, either fix her...or drop it. Much like Rogue/Gambit's "Awww they can't touch :'(" angle, it's played and stale. Been here once, no need to go back. I hate these manufactured dramas that always accompany X-Men relationships. 

Also I glad you brought up just how TERRIBLY the death of Night Crawler has been handled. In Fantastic Four we got an excellent issue of mourning and fallout, which is still being dealt with in FF. And in X-Men we get what amounts to a few panels in the last issue of "Second Coming". SMH Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Storm, etc. should all have been shown dealing with his death. Screw the off panel excuse, I never have and never will by that. Story should happen between the pages, not in my or the writer's head. I really feel like Second Coming was one of the biggest missed opportunities in comics to relaunch a series on a proper note and address the failings of it. The writers had a perfect restart button and have squandered it. Normally I applaud a writer for not taking a deus ex machina character and using them to fix a book, but in this case please, please, please use Hope to set things right. The down fall of X-Men began with Bendis' House of M. At first it was cool to have marvel stream line it's copious amounts of mutants. Then something just went wrong and all of the stories since then have been so strongly tied to that event and it's hampered them heavily. Messiah War/Complex were the best things to come out of this era of X-Men. After that It's been nothing but bad or disappointing stories. There's been good ideas but they haven't been fleshed out or capitalized on, whereas the bad ideas or mishandling of good ones have been championed by the writers and editors at marvel. Reading X-Men right now is like playing Pokemon when you have a level 100 Charizard and no badge...let that marinate.  
    herculesfan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By herculesfan43

i just read x-men legacy 249 and they kiss at the end and rogue says im not promising you a damn thing except for tonight

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iLLituracy

Magneto hit it.

u mad internet????? ;D

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#71  Edited By xerox_kitty

Posts with uncensored swearing have been removed. It's just a comic book, there's no need to over-react like that in a public forum.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By jrock85
    @Bigestbarda
    Carey has defiled Rogue.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Bigestbarda said:
    Rogue has just gone back twenty years of development and (probably) lost half her fans. Nice work, Carey.
    @jrock85 said:
    @Bigestbarda:  Carey has defiled Rogue.
    Yep. I'm never reading Legacy based on this pairing.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jrock85
    @FadeToBlackBolt
    Its kinda funny that Rogue is conveniently hanging on to her false memories from AOX where she had a crush on Magneto. LOL
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @jrock85: I didn't read AoX :P
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jrock85
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

It had its good moments and bad moments. I don't know if I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @jrock85: The X-Men are dead to me atm, anyways. Schism will determine if I ever read another X-book again.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78  Edited By Timandm

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that Magneto is about 85 years old and Rogue is about 24?  She may be even younger than that.  With Marvel's sliding timeline it's hard to judge the age of their characters, but in Legacy 249 we clearly see that Magneto was a young man in 1942...That was 70 years ago...

So, an 85 year old ex-villain with a 24 year old woman who apparently has had no real male/female relationship (although it was implied at the funeral for Sentry that she had been intimate with him.)

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Timandm said:
    Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that Magneto is about 85 years old and Rogue is about 24?  She may be even younger than that.  With Marvel's sliding timeline it's hard to judge the age of their characters, but in Legacy 249 we clearly see that Magneto was a young man in 1942...That was 70 years ago...  So, an 85 year old ex-villain with a 24 year old woman who apparently has had no real male/female relationship (although it was implied at the funeral for Sentry that she had been intimate with him.)
    No, you are definitely not. It's ridiculous and insulting. Rogue's character has been set back 20 years. It's like Carey's fanfiction.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Timandm
    @jrock85 said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    It had its good moments and bad moments. I don't know if I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
    Really?  It had 'good' moments?  I must not have been paying attention... LOL! 

Sorry, but I really hated AoX.  It just seemed like a recycled story to me.  'The wold hates and fears mutants, so the world must  kill all mutants, mutants must fight to survive.'   Seems like I've seen that storyline MANY TIMES...
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jrock85
    @FadeToBlackBolt
    They're almost dead to me; I'm down to three X-titles on my pull list. I'm not even going to buy Schism because I doubt that there will be any significant changes within the landscape of the X-Men.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @jrock85: I think the only thing that will happen is that lifetime Cyclops fans (like me) will be given the finger.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jrock85
    @Timandm
    LOL. I think Clay Mann's art was the best thing about. As far as the age difference between Rogue and Mags? Its creepy, but to me its not the overriding issue. Given Magneto's history, it makes no sense for Rogue to want to be with him. I get the feeling that this is an editorially driven relationship with the intent of whitewashing Magneto.
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Timandm
    @FadeToBlackBolt: i'm not a cyclops fan, but I can't see Marvel letting Wolverine come out on top with this one...

I see most people pulling for Wolverine and Marvel (in fact most comic writers) find out what the readers truly want and then deliberately do not give them that...

I've wanted to see Scott and Logan have it out for a long time now, but never for leadership.  Wolverine as leader of the X-Men?  LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!  I LOVE Wolverine's character but can't see him leading the X-Men.

I would, however, like to see someone else take the reins...Although I'm not exactly sure who... Sage?    Iceman? (Yeah, right! LOL!)  Deadpool?  (at least it would be entertaining.) 
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Timandm
    @jrock85 said:
    @Timandm:  LOL. I think Clay Mann's art was the best thing about. As far as the age difference between Rogue and Mags? Its creepy, but to me its not the overriding issue. Given Magneto's history, it makes no sense for Rogue to want to be with him. I get the feeling that this is an editorially driven relationship with the intent of whitewashing Magneto.
    That's probably why they had Rogue basically say 'it made no sense.' and she added, 'I guess the heart just wants what the heart wants.'   With that reasoning, the writers could hook her up with Doop and get away with it... um, actually, THAT might make MORE sense than her being with Magneto.  If they ARE trying to white-wash Magneto, I think they're going to fail big time.  To my mind it makes him look something like a pedophile, although I do realize Rogue is a full grown adult...
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jrock85
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @jrock85: I think the only thing that will happen is that lifetime Cyclops fans (like me) will be given the finger.

I doubt that he and Wolverine will even scratch each other.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jrock85
    @Timandm
    To me its not about how this relationship makes Magneto look; its about how it makes Rogue look. Carey is making her look like the gullible young woman she was when she ran into Magneto in the Savage Land. That's 20 years of development flushed down the toilet.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#88  Edited By xerox_kitty

Rogue has had a past with Magneto. It's not as if this has come out of nowhere. It's a pretty stupid twist of plot, and I agree that I don't like it... however, it's just one panel. It's a cliffhanger ending for a reason. So we're left hanging on to see what happens next.

Legacy was attracted to Magneto, and Rogue has decided to honour the pledge that Legacy made. Therefore she's retained the memories & feelings of someone a lot like Rogue but was ultimately implanted by a childish external force (Moira/X). This is all part of the fall out from Age of X. It doesn't necessarily mean that this is the status quo from now on.

After all, now that Rogue has complete control over her powers, there has to be some other new reason for her not to go running into Gambits arms. The course of true love never did run smooth...

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#89  Edited By lorex

Rogue does have a connection with Magneto, but that was a long time ago. Right now I think it is a plot device to keep Rogue and Gambit apart.

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By davidkenneth

I don't know what they are doing to Rogue, first Sentry (not sure if they even met), and now Magneto who she knows is a creepy old guy.
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By davidkenneth
    @Timandm
    Thank you also I hate Sentry.
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @davidkenneth: You do realize Mags and Rogue has had a relationship before in 616 right? As well as in AoA they had a kid together. 

I personally like Rogneto more than Rogambit. Reason being Rogambit gotten annoying and stale since Rogue gained control of her power.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By Mercy_

The Sentry thing was ridiculous and PIS at it's worst.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:

At least that makes something in the realm of sense. She didn't want to be a virgin, and he was immune to her power.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#95  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

At least that makes something in the realm of sense. She didn't want to be a virgin, and he was immune to her power.

If you're looking at that ONE removed fact it does. But when you factor in EVERYTHING else, it makes no sense at all and dirties the memory of the Sentry (I'm choosing to ignore everything that Bendis wrote about him)

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

If you're looking at that ONE removed fact it does. But when you factor in EVERYTHING else, it makes no sense at all and dirties the memory of the Sentry (I'm choosing to ignore everything that Bendis wrote about him)

It wasn't a good move, and I was disappointed in Jenkins for writing it. However, I understand why he did it. He just wanted the Sentry to mean something to someone in the MU. Bendis absolutely destroyed the character. I mean, ParHallax was handled better. Everyone in the MU was glad he was dead, I think Jenkins just wanted "someone" to remember his character (the stand in for anyone who's ever struggled with debilitating mental illness) fondly. Still, it wasn't handled well at all. 

Wise move ignoring Bendick's run :)
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By davidkenneth
    @crimsonspider89
    Yes, but I don't think they were ever together as in a couple and if they were I hate that too.
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By davidkenneth
    @FadeToBlackBolt
    Also why I think alot of people was mad about that is because I don't think it was even shown that Sentry and Rogue had ever met until she commented on that stupid relationship that they supposedly had.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @davidkenneth:  I dunno man, I am pretty sure most of the people would have still been pissed even if it had been established they met. There is way more thats fundamentally wrong with it. I don't blame Jenkins, I blame the editors. Its not like other writers treat characters he worked on well or consistent with his writing lol 
    davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By davidkenneth
    @SC
    You're right Sentry and Rogue just doesn't or didn't make sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.