Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

Does she really qualify as insanely rich? Does she really qualify for leadership abilities? Fire Control?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Valkaad says:

"Does she really qualify as insanely rich? Does she really qualify for leadership abilities? Fire Control?"

I guess the people who added those to her profile here are probably reffering to the powers she absorbed so in a sense, she can qualify for some of those. The Insanely Rich is in affect for being at Xavier's and Leadership I'm guessing because she took control one or two times.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Valkaad

Eternal Chaos says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Does she really qualify as insanely rich? Does she really qualify for leadership abilities? Fire Control?"
    I guess the people who added those to her profile here are probably reffering to the powers she absorbed so in a sense, she can qualify for some of those. The Insanely Rich is in affect for being at Xavier's and Leadership I'm guessing because she took control one or two times."
    My problem with the fire control is, that she doesn't have that power unless she absorbs it from someone. If you list all of the powers she has absorbed over her career you would have to list telportation , weather control, energy blasts, healing, etc., etc., etc. She isn't insanely rich, Xavier is, but she doesn't control enough of that money to be considered rich. Sure she has room and board, food , transportation etc., but she couldn't go out and purchase a private jet for herself so I don't think she should be classified as insanely rich. When I think of Xmen leadership I think: Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, but not Rogue. I guess I think to qualify for leadership as an ability you should have to BE a leader and a pretty good one at that. To list Rogue with leadership abilities (in my opinion) lessens the ability for people who deserve it, i.e. Storm, Captain America, Xavier, Magneto.
    Post Edited:2007-10-03 15:09:01
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Valkaad says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "Valkaad says:
    I guess the people who added those to her profile here are probably reffering to the powers she absorbed so in a sense, she can qualify for some of those. The Insanely Rich is in affect for being at Xavier's and Leadership I'm guessing because she took control one or two times."
    My problem with the fire control is, that she doesn't have that power unless she absorbs it from someone. If you list all of the powers she has absorbed over her career you would have to list telportation , weather control, energy blasts, healing, etc., etc., etc. She isn't insanely rich, Xavier is, but she doesn't control enough of that money to be considered rich. Sure she has room and board, food , transportation etc., but she couldn't go out and purchase a private jet for herself so I don't think she should be classified as insanely rich. When I think of Xmen leadership I think: Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, but not Rogue. I guess I think to qualify for leadership as an ability you should have to BE a leader and a pretty good one at that. To list Rogue with leadership abilities (in my opinion) lessens the ability for people who deserve it, i.e. Storm, Captain America, Xavier, Magneto.
    Post Edited:2007-10-03 15:09:01"

I agree with you entirely Valkaad, those are just giant mistakes on the poster's part. I was looking at it on how somebody would view it. So we agree on this issue. You can go fix it if you want.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think she should keep fire control (for now) as it's her current power set, not just something she's picked up for like an hour and will drop soon. When she loses it or gets another long term power it can be changed on her page reflect that.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"I think she should keep fire control (for now) as it's her current power set, not just something she's picked up for like an hour and will drop soon. When she loses it or gets another long term power it can be changed on her page reflect that. "

Didn't know she had picked up that power. Who did she absorb it from? Pyro?

Do you agree with me on the other abilities/powers?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sunfire. I don't think she's insanely rich or much of a leader.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Spit fire keeps adding powers she doesn't have.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Forever

spit fire says:

"She permanately absorbed sunfire's powers and her foster mom irean left her alot of money. ahd she's a good leader!!!"

What makes her a good leader? Which characters think she's a good leader? Where in Marvel does it say she's a good leader?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The leadership ranking is like the unarmed combat one. Just because a character can punch someone doesn't mean they should have the unarmed combat power, and just because Rogue is in charge of a team doesn't mean she's automatically a good leader.

Avatar image for electric_goldfish
    electric_goldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The fact that half of the team she had were Marauders was hardly Rogue's fault. You didn't see Emma figuring that one out, so I don't think she is a bad leader. She led a team previously, but I can't recall when (sigh, old fangirl brain)

Regarding the fire power, she currently deserves that power being that it was a "permanent" absorption from Sunfire in her last miniseries. If he has that distinction, she should as well. It's a copy of his power.

(On a personal note, I hate her with that power. I miss my invulnerable Rogue)

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Valkaad

spit fire says:

"She permanately absorbed sunfire's powers and her foster mom irean left her alot of money. ahd she's a good leader!!!"

How much money did her foster mother have? Did she own her own island? Could she buy a gulfstream jet without batting an eye? Insanely rich means money is NO object! Where do you get that she is a good leader? Do you think anyone other than a Rogue fanboy considers her a good leader?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

electric_goldfish says:

"(On a personal note, I hate her with that power. I miss my invulnerable Rogue)"

so do i!

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sling Shot

Rogue is a dish best served cold... (sinister campy grin)

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superkitty  Online

spit fire says:

Or maybe she touched someone rich and absorbed his bank account?

electric_goldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkaad says:

"spit fire says:

How much money did her foster mother have? Did she own her own island? Could she buy a gulfstream jet without batting an eye? Insanely rich means money is NO object! Where do you get that she is a good leader? Do you think anyone other than a Rogue fanboy considers her a good leader?"

Of course everyone is going to want to support their favorite characters. I admit to being a fangirl, but I'm also trying to be objective.

I don't think she has the coin to be insanely rich. I do find it amusing that she probably lives off of Xavier's cash.

Again, while she may not have been a leader since day one like Cyclops, I do not think she is a bad leader. (not that half the team obeys him half of the time)

The most recent run of her as a leader has been lackluster merely for the fact that the writer left her on a slab with a hole in her chest. I have no idea why Mike Carey insists on putting her in the hospital in all his storylines.

electric_goldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superkitty says:

"spit fire says:

Or maybe she touched someone rich and absorbed his bank account?

"

ATM code for the win! Ha hah!

Avatar image for james_proudstar
    James Proudstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By James Proudstar

spitfire's right - she's technically led the x-men 3 times before, so she's a good leader

and she's an expert combatant, because she's bested wolverine in a fight. in my books, that pretty much does it!!

Beatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Beatrix

Rogue inherited the entirety or Destiny's estate, so she is pretty much insanely rich!!
    Post Edited:2008-01-12 09:50:30

Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Roguegirl

for all rogue fan's:please vote for her in the battles

Trapaceira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Trapaceira

Impressionante os comentários de 4 e 5 anos atrás, por que hoje ela é uma das maiores lideres dos X-men. E quer saber? Pra mim ela é rica, sim.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.