Power Template

#1 Posted by x_icon (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Which of Rogue's power templates, from Ms. Marvel and Sunfire, do you like more?

I love both, and I know the Ms. Marvel powers defined what Rogue could do for a long time, but I prefer her current Sunfire abilities (I love the fiery aura lol). Some of Ms. Marvel's abilities are just somehwat more generic among super hero powers anyway (flight, super strength, invulnerability, etc).

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, they were generic, but I liked her as the super strong flier more than I do as Sunfire. Not entirely sure why, but I did. She depresses me now (that's not just her powers though).

#3 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like the new powers. She was getting stale in my book. I like how during the Children of the Vault arc she led her own squad of X-Men. Cant wait to see what kinda role she plays in Messiah Complex.

#4 Posted by electric_goldfish (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I kinda like the new powers. She was getting stale in my book. I like how during the Children of the Vault arc she led her own squad of X-Men. Cant wait to see what kinda role she plays in Messiah Complex."

I hope her role is something better than lying comatose on a slab sigh (they never tied up Strain 88 virus either btw)

I liked her as the gerneric super strength/invul - it matched with her personality well for some reason. Not too fond of the Sunfire powers.

I of course, would love to see her able to control her powers, but I suspect people would feel she was 'overpowered' then.

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

electric_goldfish says:

"Gambler says:
"I kinda like the new powers. She was getting stale in my book. I like how during the Children of the Vault arc she led her own squad of X-Men. Cant wait to see what kinda role she plays in Messiah Complex."

I hope her role is something better than lying comatose on a slab sigh (they never tied up Strain 88 virus either btw)

I liked her as the gerneric super strength/invul - it matched with her personality well for some reason. Not too fond of the Sunfire powers.

I of course, would love to see her able to control her powers, but I suspect people would feel she was 'overpowered' then."

I'm sure she will. They already say Gambit plays a Major role in Messiah Complex, and where there's Gambit, there's Rogue :P In fact I think she opened her eyes before MC started.

#6 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Rogue from Nocturnes reality. She had permanently absorbed the Super-Skrull's powers. I had uploaded pics, but someone has deleted them..?

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I liked the Rogue from Nocturnes reality. She had permanently absorbed the Super-Skrull's powers. I had uploaded pics, but someone has deleted them..?"

Never seen those, only the good pics get deleted it seems.

#8 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i had uploaded a gallery of pics of Rogue with various different powers. This was long ago and now it's gone.

#9 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't have any of Ms. Marvel's abilities anymore? Damn, I really liked her when she was a powerhouse.

#10 Posted by Frisco (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't new Rogue all broody and Emo?

Anyways, old Rogue was a staple in X-Men universe; new Rogue just doesn't stack up.

#11 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Frisco says:

"Isn't new Rogue all broody and Emo?Anyways, old Rogue was a staple in X-Men universe; new Rogue just doesn't stack up."

EMO? Do you read X-Men comics? She's a darker character lately but that doesn't translate into EMO. New Rogue lad her own squad of X-Men (including Sabretooth) to several impressive victories. In my opinion new Rogue is the sh!t.

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"In my opinion new Rogue is the sh!t."

this doesn't happen very often, so pay attention...

i actually agree with Gambler...

Rogue is a kick ass character :D

M

#13 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"In my opinion new Rogue is the sh!t."

this doesn't happen very often, so pay attention...

i actually agree with Gambler...

Rogue is a kick ass character :D

M

"

For a second I thought I was in trouble :P

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"For a second I thought I was in trouble :P"

lol... did you see last night in the "music" thread, i was actually defending you :D

i must have been ill or something

M

#15 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"For a second I thought I was in trouble :P"

lol... did you see last night in the "music" thread, i was actually defending you :D

i must have been ill or something

M

"

I did, I appreciate it. Now if you can get me on the Mod Staff, all would be right in the world.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Me first.

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I did, I appreciate it. Now if you can get me on the Mod Staff, all would be right in the world."

nice try lol

M

#18 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Me first."

I cant believe your not. For some reason I think they offered and you turned em down. Black Panther style lol

#19 Posted by electric_goldfish (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Frisco says:
"Isn't new Rogue all broody and Emo?Anyways, old Rogue was a staple in X-Men universe; new Rogue just doesn't stack up."

EMO? Do you read X-Men comics? She's a darker character lately but that doesn't translate into EMO. New Rogue lad her own squad of X-Men (including Sabretooth) to several impressive victories. In my opinion new Rogue is the sh!t."

Cranky!Rogue makes me happy. It reads more as strength than emo. Kick ass, imo.

Hooray! Someone agrees that her leadership skills weren't a complete and utter failure. And yes, where there is Gambit, there is Rogue, as much as I personally am not particularly fond of it.

Hopefully you're right about her larger role. I thought Carey put her in a coma to write her out of the crossover. It may have already happened, I'm a couple issues behind.

#20 Posted by rogueraven (3 posts) - - Show Bio

i like rogue.PERIOD. ms marvels powers were cool but things change.least rogue is still kick a ^_^

#21 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her new attitude and her old powers.

#22 Posted by James Proudstar (103 posts) - - Show Bio

mike carey is a genius, he's actually doing something with her... that said... please bring her out of the coma and give her old powers back, she was better with them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.