Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Off My Mind: Retconning Rogue's Sex Life

• 157 results
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By danhimself
    @Voidheart:  you just saw "new" didn't you?   I said  " If they would have just introduced him as a new character instead of trying to make him a forgotten hero who's back story can be made up and adjusted at anytime they see fit he would have been a much better character"....nothing was said about the date of his first appearance or him being a new character....and in terms of comic book characters 10 years is extremely new
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Gambler said:
    " Weak sauce. "
    Get outta my head,Gambler.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By SevanGrim

even in death.... Sentry is still a "plug and play" character.
     "How do we get the X-men at his funeral?
    "...um. OH! Lets have Rouge be his teenaged lover!"
    your right. it doesn't make much sense. either they boinked recently when his wife was dead (which is messed up), or it was when Rouge was still young and crushing on Gambit (which takes away from the epic romance it was).
    ...either way, this is something that could have easily never have happened. Stupid Marvel.

kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By kerukun878
    @DMC: I think it's under the same mental block as the control over his power, hence why he can't control his powers. Ahh. Good ol' Jeannie.
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Nefilim927
    @Beatrix:
    Am I the only one who is confused on the order of all this?  When does Siege happen in regards to the following, Fall of the Hulks/Hulked out Heroes, Second Coming and the whole Romulus/Wolverine story?
    ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShadowX
    @Nefilim927 said:
    " @Beatrix: Am I the only one who is confused on the order of all this?  When does Siege happen in regards to the following, Fall of the Hulks/Hulked out Heroes, Second Coming and the whole Romulus/Wolverine story? "
    Yes please I need help with this to.
    Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Illuminarch
    @Nefilim927 said:
    " @Beatrix: Am I the only one who is confused on the order of all this?  When does Siege happen in regards to the following, Fall of the Hulks/Hulked out Heroes, Second Coming and the whole Romulus/Wolverine story? "
    What, you still think Marvel gives a damn about continuity between titles...or even within titles? I dare you even to give me a solid chronology of events within Dark Avengers. The Hulk stuff and the most of the X-Overs might as well be happening in alternate universes.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By sora_thekey

Wait, but Rouge can touch now... why is she crying?
    I need a whole issue explaining this!

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Blindside002 said:
    "Wow...I haven't read this issue yet, but this does seem REALLY cheap...Why would they feel the need to even add this in? Especially if they do not explain enough about when and why it happened. I honestly hope this is just swept under the run because this has no reason whatsoever to be a part of the MU. "

I agree with this. 

Hopefully it wasn't "sex" (which they love to do in the Ultimate universe) and maybe just "date".   

It's so vague, it could be one or the other.
    llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By llagrok

I thought Jenkins was smarter than this. 

Stupid decision.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Nefilim927
    @Illuminarch:
    lol a solid chronology of Dark Avengers eh? Lemme try, they fight  Morgana, Sentry gets killed, Sentry comes back, Moonstone sleeps around, tie in to Utopia reaking of "weak sauce", Noh-Varr disappears , enter the Molecule Man wherein....you guessed it Sentry gets killed... only to come back with the powers to do whatever he wants for any reason ever.  Then we enter the trainwreck leading into Siege.  I see where you're goin with this.  Nothing against Dark Avengers, was one of my favorite runs recently, but the timeline is indeed convoluted to say the least.  As are my feelings towards the Sentry as well.
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By mattydeNero

Yeah, I didn't get this.  This issue isn't a must-have.  Thing explains why he hates Reynolds' guts, but doesn't anymore.  It was a waste, I was expecting "Fallen(not actual title)" to deliver a lot more than this.
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63  Edited By charlieboy

lame.

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blindside002
    @Jordanstine said:
    "@Blindside002 said:
    "Wow...I haven't read this issue yet, but this does seem REALLY cheap...Why would they feel the need to even add this in? Especially if they do not explain enough about when and why it happened. I honestly hope this is just swept under the run because this has no reason whatsoever to be a part of the MU. "

I agree with this. 

Hopefully it wasn't "sex" (which they love to do in the Ultimate universe) and maybe just "date".    It's so vague, it could be one or the other. "

Very true, and I'm hoping it was just a relationship in which she could hug and touch him, rather than the idea of sex. Sadly though, my hope dwindles on that part.
    Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#65  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Don't worry folks. It's just Rogue going Emo over something that's "bigger than her", and that she just wants attention.  
    Besides, as we know Marvel, THEY ALWAYS COME BACK, and when he does I'm sure Sentry won't even remember about it.  

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DiamondDog
    @Blindside002 said:
    "@Jordanstine said:
    "@Blindside002 said:

I agree with this. 

Hopefully it wasn't "sex" (which they love to do in the Ultimate universe) and maybe just "date".    It's so vague, it could be one or the other. "
    Very true, and I'm hoping it was just a relationship in which she could hug and touch him, rather than the idea of sex. Sadly though, my hope dwindles on that part. "

I'm sure they kept it deliberately vague, and even if you try to say it was sex, the dilaogue still doesn't quite work. Why would she say 'hug' so specifically then? Because she didn't want to confess it was sex? Why not just say 'touch' then? And why did she just confess it then on the plane?? (To Cyclops of all people?)  

And how awkward is this then: "Did they..(have sex)?" - "yeah" - "How long?" What oh, he could keep it up for hours?? The 'How Long?" thing would really just work with "yeah they dated" 

But like I said, Jenkins himself established that the Sentry didn't even know Rogue or any of the newer X-Men. Something I'm sure he had completely forgotten when he wrote this.
    conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By conformist21

let's hope Sentry becomes a Captain Marvel or Gwen Stacy or something,
    we need something of recent history to STAY dead.
    He can be replaced with Marvel Man now that he's back in copyright terms to Marvel.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By warlock360
    @conformist21: Maybe he always was Marvel Man ; )
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Mbecks14

yuck. i dont like that at all.

X711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By X711

Haha, Huge Rogue Fan here, an well follow her where ever she may pop up... 
    As far as this goes... LOL Im just goin to say Get IT GURL... haha... Im just happy she got it on... Mean do ya blame the girl... Man everyone needs a sex life... After all were all human with or without powers... THis is To Funny tho... Out of No Where too... Man! Sentry an Rogue can keep a secret... all in all, I dont know Sentry that well, but I can say for Rogues sake... Better him than some other loser character... I dont blame Rogue for pickin him as a F-Buddy... LOL Sentry died with a HOT secret.... 

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DiamondDog
    @X711:

Well, as a Rogue fan myself, I have absolutely no problem with the idea that Rogue had some hidden sexual encounter with someone. I think that could be an interesting idea if worked out well.  (and made believable) But this was just so stupidly done. And I can't for the life of me think of where this could ever fit in continuity. Jenkins clearly didn't think about this at all. 

And the Sentry? Really? Couldn't it be Namor or Thor or some other cooler guy? Hell, make it the Grey Hulk! 

And people are a little pissed that this was clearly Jenkins wanting to toss his pet character a bone to make him cooler at the end. And he chose Rogue's coochie. Clearly without knowing much of anything about her or her history. It kinda shows, and that's another reason most Rogue fans are pissed off, ya know?.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Korg

"He was the only one who could hug me! ...Besides, you know, Colossus... and Magneto... and Magneto's clone... and anyone with a mutant power-inhibiting device."

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#73  Edited By Aspenite

Could be worse...but I think it´s just something to show that characters cared about him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @llagrok said:
    " I thought Jenkins was smarter than this.  Stupid decision. "
    Jenkins had to clean up Bendis' mess.He hasn't wrote for Sentry since like '01.
    DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DiamondDog
    @Korg said:
    ""He was the only one who could hug me! ...Besides, you know, Colossus... and Magneto... and Magneto's clone... and anyone with a mutant power-inhibiting device." "

@Korg:
    That's the funniest part. He is suggesting it was longer ago before Gambit and all that. But Jenkins himself has established the Sentry never knew Rogue in an earlier story. So it can only have happened after he came back, but that makes no sense with the dialogue in this scene.
    X711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By X711
    DiamondDog
    "And people are a little pissed that this was clearly Jenkins wanting to toss his pet character a bone to make him cooler at the end. And he chose Rogue's coochie. "

Yah I hear ya bud... But Its already said an done... an put out theres... all we can do now is EMBRACE it... Considering the fact that Sentry and Rogue have never been seen as such...  And maybe in time  Jenkins or someone else well add some more light to this secret they both shared... All in good time...
    DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DiamondDog
    @X711 said:

"DiamondDog :  "And people are a little pissed that this was clearly Jenkins wanting to toss his pet character a bone to make him cooler at the end. And he chose Rogue's coochie. "  Yah I hear ya bud... But Its already said an done... an put out theres... all we can do now is EMBRACE it... Considering the fact that Sentry and Rogue have never been seen as such...  And maybe in time  Jenkins or someone else well add some more light to this secret they both shared... All in good time... "

Well, I gotta tell ya: I don't think they will revisit this. Like most Sentry related things, outside of stories with the Sentry, no one ever refers to all that stuff. I have a feeling no one will ever mention this again. 

Mike Carey(ya know, writes Legacy)  has already said he's pretty much going to ignore this. He was all polite and professional about it but he clearly didn't like this at all and said something about how he felt it was hard to reconcile this with Rogue's character and history. 

So this will probably always be a headscratcher.  When? How? Context? Circumstances? Without those answers its kinda hard to embrace it. A good writer might come up with something, but right now it just feels like bad fanfic to a lot of people.  

They might also choose to ignore it because about 99% of Rogue fans are pissed and feel she was tossed to the Sentry like a cheap hooker....;)
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78  Edited By pixelized

For me to get upset about this would instantly put me into the running for an Oscar win, as I genuinely don't care about Rogue nor Bob, but why was this done? Us readers new nothing about a Rogue and Sentry relationship, so he being the only one to have had sex with her means nothing to us. It's like they established a character and killed him in the same panel, what was the point? Go home Marvel. If not for the recent release/sucess of the Ironman movie, DC would have laughed you out of the galaxy.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love how in this issue Jenkins doesn't mention Sentry's reign under Bendis. It's like he was frustrated with Bendis (Let's face it, why wouldn't he be?)

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By Theodore

WTF! They banged?!

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stupid retconn

Theansweris42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83  Edited By Theansweris42

Have Rogue and Sentry even been in the same panel?
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the whole way they just killed off sentry was lame

X711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By X711

Well if anything... I know Rogue... And regardless of how this all turned out... it doesn't change how much I love this character... An Iv excepted the fact that they put Rogue out there with a secret like this... Mean we all have secrets, in one way or another... I just hope that this is the extent of Rogue's Secrets... An if they ever added light regarding this secret... It wouldn't be for Sentry's sake (hints dead now) it would be for Rogue's...  Regardless if they mention it again or not, This secrets out and apart of Rogue now and for that Id like to know more about it... Rather put shame to it... Even tho it has something to do with a subject of bad taste... Rogue is now apart of it and it her history... If anything it was a good laugh on my part, just proves to me that Rogue is just as human... an for that I don't see her any different and if so some fans do and are "pissed", well then I say to them " LET THIS GET BURIED WITH SENTRY" and don't blame Rogue for being human. An beside, Rogue Fans have always rolled with the punches just like Rogue would.  Writers well write and theres nothing we can do about it... but move on.

Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Freddy.Mercurial

u are kiddin' yourself if u don't think this changes EVERYTHING...  what an irresponsible writing ploy!  shame on u Marvel...  FOR SHAME!

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By jordama

yeah, this is just bogus
    Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Yumulu

This is one of the dumbest things I've read since Gwen Stacy babies. Yay! Sentry is dead again!

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By llagrok
    @Vance Astro: yeah and Jenkins has always been doing a good job with Sentry. His regular Sentry stuff was far better than this, where he used the subtlety of a bulldozer to try and force down our throats how incredible The Sentry was.
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Detrian

This wouldn't be so bad if they had at least made the characters know beforehand. With the "she just told us on the way here" it sounds like even the characters are rolling their eyes at this turn of events.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Primmaster64

So she slept wit the Sentry huh...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Theansweris42 said:
    " Have Rogue and Sentry even been in the same panel? "
    exacly! Never seen them in a panel.
    MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MisterMollusk

Psh, I'm sure Rogue's had sex with somebody. Any hormone driven teenager could find a way to do it given any obstacle. Why not just use an extra thick condom through a whole in a bedsheet? There. Problem solved.

bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By bioghost

wtf  
    i very glad that the sentry is dead or remy will go all new sun on your a$$
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#95  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I still think Jenkins original Sentry series is the best non-Spider-Man thing Marvel has ever done, but even I felt this was a little weird. 

I mean, it sort of makes sense, but anything that makes you feel kind of awkward for reading it usually isn't a good thing (unless, of course, that's the intention). I don't know, it just seemed a little off. It doesn't really affect my opinion of either character, but yeh.... I don't think it was really necessary.

Darth Coleslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By Darth Coleslaw
    @Blindside002 said:
    " Wow...I haven't read this issue yet, but this does seem REALLY cheap...Why would they feel the need to even add this in? Especially if they do not explain enough about when and why it happened. I honestly hope this is just swept under the run because this has no reason whatsoever to be a part of the MU. "
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD
    Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kastiel

Rogue couldn't have been that desperate to sleep with Sentry. Maybe date, but not sleep with. Also have they even met at least more than five times? No.

Schabbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Schabbe
    @MisterMollusk: XD
    Ice Princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Ice Princess

As if I hated the Sentry enough. Gah.

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Suigetsu

This was cheaped and forced, writter or editor wanted his sentry to have it with rouge because they fancied her. I call it BS!!!!! Besides isnt it time that Rouge Married Gambit already? Jezz plz gimmie a break.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.