Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6623 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Long Distance vs. Right There

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Okay I am beating the dead horse but I will always hold out on Gambit and Rogue. But Magneto and Rogue is not something I am against. But if you have been reading X-men Legacy you will know what I am talking about. Magneto hasn't kept in touch and Rogue doesn't want to cave and call first or some crap. But at the same time with the stuff going on and all the crap she going through Gambit it always there to help and TRY to comfort her, but she is pushing him away. Gambit is the one that's there, not Magneto. He's not coming off as puppy dog following her around, But he is there. I like how she is standing her ground but the romantic side is driving me crazy. She loves him and he loves her BE HAPPY TOGETHER!!!! (after she gets done kicking Ms. Marvels ass ;)

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By leigh_rogue888

@lykopis: I agree with most of what you are saying. I am still on the fence about Rogneto, its not the age as if that are really defined someone, especially a guy. But that he is being supportive like the saying goodbyes before she might explode and she takes the comfort but doesn't show her giving any, just taking it. I love Rogue but I am now conflicted.

I love that she has control and they show glimpses of her outdoing people who think they have a good handle on their power. She is becoming confident and I love that last Legacy of her walking away all Hulked out and has her choices made.

On the Ms. Marvel note them rehashing it is also beating a dead horse, but I still would like to see the fight I will admit.

I don't get any of the Astonishing comics and I love anything Romy is there one that pertains to this drama that would be good Romy information to have.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By LoganRogue24

i think Rogue should date logan but the writers are stupid to do it but they tease logan rogue sometimes. i never liked romy or rogue magneto much.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oraclefyre

Romy>Rogneto

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By FourthDeity

@LoganRogue24: Logan? As in wolverine? why so?

AprilTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AprilTaylor

@FourthDeity: I'm assuming s/he is referring to the Miligan arc of X-Men wherein Logan and Rogue had a bunch of sexual Tension which culminated in a kiss between the two.

It's not that far off though. They do have a long standing connection and understanding of each other.

Personally, I love MagnetoxRogue. It's something new for her and him. It's a good chance to see Rogue in a relationship with someone polar opposite of Gambit. Someone who's not so "attached". It gives her the opportunity to be Rogue; not just "Rogue in a relationship with that guy" I don't know. I believe that Rogue being in a relationship with Magneto is a good thing, but the writers need to show that relationship. Not just use it to create drama for a fake love triangle.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FourthDeity

@AprilTaylor: Hmm interesting.I never saw magxRogue that way. Gambit and Rogue would remind me too much of hellionxLaura ( which I HATED )

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Rogue and Logan would be interesting except for the tension between them right now. Him not trusting her and all, but anything can happen. Besides Logan has waaaay to much going on with him and Rogue would just be a bump on the road of his messed up relationships.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

Romy has ran its course.

Rogneto is a travesty.

SamRevlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SamRevlon

Lol. Personally I dont like Rogue and Magnet and in this case I will say its because of the extreme age difference, which I'm sure will tick a few comic viners into coming off as a white knight but oh well. The man is old, plain and simple - I'm sure they are reinventing him as a 'young-old' but he is well past his prime for Rogue. I'm not against him being in a relationship in general, but maybe with a woman who has more shared experiences. Rogue and Remy had a good thing going on but of course that doesn't make sells so here we are.. P:

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oraclefyre

@leigh_rogue888 said:

Rogue and Logan would be interesting except for the tension between them right now. Him not trusting her and all, but anything can happen. Besides Logan has waaaay to much going on with him and Rogue would just be a bump on the road of his messed up relationships.

^^^This. I've always found them to be better as friends.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis said:

**sigh**

I keep saying I am over Romy, but yet, when I read Legacy or the new Astonishing, a little piece of me still has this irrational hope that Rogue will realize what a fool she's been. And then Gambit can make her stew by insisting they remain friends (at least for now) because there's his life to consider, not just hers. (She's my fave character, so please don't think I am hating on her.)

Yeah -- not too impressed with this whole "I won't call him" thing going on with Rogue and Magneto. The way I understood it, it was simply two adults having a physical relationship and that's all... (fingers crossed -- pleasepleasepleaseplease.....)

Never been a fan of Rogneto -- not because of the age thing but more so because of their past histories -- both apart and together.

I like me my Ms. Marvel, but having the two of them go at it again is just a cheap ploy at rehashing old grievances. Both women have moved on, Rogue is no longer that little kid warring with the guilt that she has now learned to live with and grow from.

Thanks for the POV -- pretty cool. :)

Yeaaaa.. I get the whole.. Gambit has his own life too.. buuuutt Romy. Yea, Romy is perfect.

@leigh_rogue888 said:

Exactly.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By LoganRogue24

@leigh_rogue888: i see your point but i guess i like the pairing and just want them to at least give them a try you know what i mean.

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roguegirl24
    No Caption Provided

I love Gambit and Rogue very much...but still I think that everything is over between them :(...that cover kind of tell's us something.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I like Magneto, but the dynamics of the Magneto/Rogue relationship make me extremely uncomfortable. I guess both Carey and Gage have been trying to present them as equals, but it seems to me that Magneto is always the dominant one in their relationship, taking advantage of Rogue emotional inexperience and vulnerablity. He's always there declaring what she supposedly is and isn't, and even if those things are generally positive, there's still that element of him defining who she is, instead of letting her decide what and who she wants to be. I think Rogue has been screwed up by enough of people to have yet another person in her life trying to shape her into their own image. She needs to find her own way on her own.

Rogue has been through a lot, and Magneto seems to be fully taking advatage of that. He presents himself as the rock she should hold on to because he knows she wants to be strong. Magneto himself never reveals his vulnerable side to her, so Rogue will never have the same kind of hold of him that he was on her.

That's just nasty, and the age difference just adds up to it. I'm usually not against age differences in fictional romantic relationships, but here it just highlights the inequality of their relationship.

Also, I just don''t think that the chemistry has ever been there. I just don't buy this romance at all because I'm just not convinced that these two could have genuine feelings for each other. I think the whole thing just feels wrong, and not even in the interesting kind of wrong, so I'm really hoping that it'll be over soon.

I will always love Rogue/Gambit, but seriously dude - they need a break.

I guess I'll never stop hoping that they'll eventually rekindle their relationship, but lately Rogue has been treating him so badly that I really can't see how they could just pick up where they left off without compromising with Gambit's dignity, unless it turns out that Rogue has been a Skrull for the past few story arcs, or under mind-control or emotional manipulation. Gambit has done all but stood on his head to make their relationship work again, but she's completely brushed him off and chosen the cold-hearted mass-murderer instead. I am hoping that they'll get there someday, but not now - not unless Rogue ends it with Magneto and does some major soul-searching.

I'm totally cool with Gambit running free for a while. I kind of like the idea of him having a relationship with Cecelia Reyes, though the execution of that romance in Astonishing has been pretty ho-hum so far, IMO. What I'd really like for him is to play the field for a while. That "ladies' man" aspect of him has been underplayed for so long, so I'm hoping his new ongoing will restore his reputation as a gentleman womanizer.

As for Rogue, the sooner Rogneto ends the happier I'll be. After that, I think she should be alone for a while. I think she really needs to establish herself as her own individual person who no longer has to shun people because of her powers.

AprilTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By AprilTaylor

@MyraMyraMyra: I think you might be projecting a little bit of something that's not there.

Magneto is definitely not the dominant one in their relationship nor has been playing at "being a rock". Rogue has been calling the shots since day one if anything she's the dominant one.

He is very supportive of Rogue and her decisions and tries to help her when she asks. He even tried to get rogue to go back to Gambit when he realized that she was conflicted about her feelings for him, and Legacy's feelings for General. He has never forced her or tried to manipulate her into being something she's not.

As far as Gambit and Rogue go. Let's be honest. It wasn't Rogue's fault they broke up, and it was totally natural for her not to want to renew their relationship. She even told him upfront that she wasn't *ready* to even think about a relationship with him and he agreed with her then gave her space. So what's with all the "Rogue is being a horrible to Gambit" that's been going around? I don't get it. They both agreed to not start up again and just because Gambit changed his mind that doesn't mean that Rogue should have to.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

@AprilTaylor said:

@MyraMyraMyra: I think you might be projecting a little bit of something that's not there.

Magneto is definitely not the dominant one in their relationship nor has been playing at "being a rock". Rogue has been calling the shots since day one if anything she's the dominant one.

He is very supportive of Rogue and her decisions and tries to help her when she asks. He even tried to get rogue to go back to Gambit when he realized that she was conflicted about her feelings for him, and Legacy's feelings for General. He has never forced her or tried to manipulate her into being something she's not.

Actually, manipulation is exactly what his treatment of her comes off to me as. The way I see it, Magneto has been expertively pushing her buttons and getting her to do what he wants her to do while leaving her under the impression that she's making her own decisions. Him telling her to go back to Gambit did not seem like a genuine suggestion at all. In my opinion, it seemed more like him playing the reverse psychology card by presenting the situation as the option between going back to Gambit and being who she supposedly was (out of control, weak) or coming to him and becoming something else (strong, in charge of her own fate). In other words, he's equating coming to him with being strong, which is exactly what Rogue is eager to be. I think he's driven Rogue into a state where she feels like the only way she can really become stronger is by being with him - which I don't think is true.

Right now, he's gotten her pretty much in a position where once again she's emotionally hung up on him. She's spent the past few issues of X-Men: Legacy desperately waiting for him to call her like some naïve schoolgirl. Even though their relationship has progressed technically on "her terms", it seems to me like it's more like a case of her slowly giving into his subtle manipulation than her making her own calls. I really don't think she's truly calling the shots here. I don't think that she's made a single move during their relationship that Magneto hasn't expected her to do.

Of course, this is a matter of interpretation. You have the right to read it the way you want, and I'm not going to tell you not to. But in my case, many different factors - such as Magneto's history of being masterfully manipulative and keen to control others - have driven me to interpret their relationship in this particular manner.

So what's with all the "Rogue is being a horrible to Gambit" that's been going around? I don't get it. They both agreed to not start up again and just because Gambit changed his mind that doesn't mean that Rogue should have to.

To me, it's not really about Rogue no longer wanting to be with Gambit - that would be fine and perfectly understandable, even though choosing someone like Magneto over him doesn't exactly flatter her as a judge of character. I think the bigger mistake here is the complete lack of discreet she's shown around Gambit by brushing off his declarations of love and devotion without even directly telling him that she no longer wants to pursue a relationship with him, and subsequently romancing Magneto right in front of his nose without even a single on-page acknowledgement that she might be hurting his feelings. Even if she doesn't love Gambit anymore it doesn't mean that it's OK for her to be tactless and inconsiderate.

SarahB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SarahB
    @MyraMyraMyra

I completely agree with you - it very much comes off to me as manipulation on Magneto's part.  Magneto is not pining over Rogue in Uncanny.  He never even thinks of her outside of when Carey wrote him.  In the other books, he's being a jerk and scraping to Scott not caring about Rogue.  I definitely felt the Nazi story was very much reverse pyscology.  Rogue specifically asked him to leave her alone after AoX because she was confused - but does he - no.  He keeps hanging around and pushing until she goes with him to hear his story.  If he really was wanting Rogue to decide for herself then he would have left her alone as Gambit did when she asked and let her make a decission without him imput at all.  She didn't need him telling her about what's he done with a story about nazis (like threatening nazis is so horrible to begin with).  It came across as very manipulative.  If Gambit is suppose to take her at her word when she tells him she's not wanting to start a relationship then why isn't Magneto held to the same standard?  (see my post about that on the other thread.)  Rogue seems like an idiot she never confronts Magneto over anything giving him all the power and she just quietly aquesses over time to him while pretending its her idea.  She says no but it never means anything so by default he supposed control over the relationship is completely false since Magneto's getting rewarded for his behavior eventually no matter what he does. 

I agree with your previous post as well.  I don't have any interest in CeCe Reyes or Asmus new female character though.  I want him to play the field.  I don't want to tie him down after he's been sitting on his hands wating on Rogue for so long while she's sort of rubbed her new relationship in his face.  He needs to play the field not be stuffed in with each writers pet character. 
    Avatar image for roroonthedownlow
    Roroonthedownlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Roroonthedownlow

Myra is pretty on the ball, here- and that's just an analysis of Magneto now, not even taking into account what he's done to Rogue. Stuff that Gage and Carey have brushed under the rug buy not bothered to retcon.

Rogneto is the worst thing to happen to a Marvel female since Gwen Stacey got knocked up by Norman Osborn. It's awful and it's ruined Rogue as a character. I can only hope Remender has something fresh to do with her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.