Legacy Or Rogue...?

Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men: Legacy #245

Technically, Legacy is Rogue.  Even Rogue talks about Legacy as if she as a different person.  However, I liked the role that Legacy (or 'Reaper') played in the Age of X.  I liked her outfit too.  The flashes of green where more impressive than the current green with white X's all over. 

It's not that I don't like Rogue... I do!  I like Rogue, but it's the little things that made me like Legacy just that little bit more.

Am I alone in this crazy belief?  Would anyone like to see Rogue archive the memories of dying heroes to keep their Legacy alive?  Perhaps change her outfit?  The gloves were exceptionally handy (no pun intended) even if she does have control over her powers now. 

I know it's not going to happen, but I would have liked a little more of Legacy to remain after the Age of X had finished.

#1 Posted by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that costume wise, Legacy's was much better.

#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Legacys Age of X look in general ithink quite a few of the "x-looks" where cool i especially liked Gambits myself. As for Rogue keeping the memories i think that was a really clever use of her powers but i think it will be awhile it at all before we see taht in manin universe.

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like classic and 90s Rogue (design and personality wise, though the Ms Marvel powers were cool). Absorption powers only. Giving her the ability to absorb multiple powers at once, and have control of her ability never sat well with me.

Let's be honest, 90% of the X-Men have hit the mutant lottery. When you have people like Beak walking around (no real abilities, and hideously disfigured), having to wear glasses or not being able to walk aren't that bad considering the powers you got instead.

Rogue's was one of the few abilities that did seem more like a curse than a gift. She was basically mindraped every time she absorbed someone's memories, she wasn't able to touch others, and the abilities she gained were only temporary. Granted, she's beautiful, because comics don't have unattractive people, but she still felt like the X-Man who was screwed (along with Beast).

Now, she's just uberqueen of power. I don't know, she lost a lot of what made her great, imo. So I suppose I prefer Legacy to current Rogue, but classic/90s Rogue is still my favourite. 

#4 Posted by IrishX (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the whole "Legacy" character and her role was cool but it really only works in that last stand situation. Thought the outfit was really good in Age of X as well.
#5 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel, and I'm sure I'm not alone that of all the characters, we haven't seen the end of Rogue's AOX development, in fact are only seeing the beginning.
I actually wouldn't mind if she adopted the codename. Rogue doesn't seem fitting anymore, given it's roots and the fact that she has developed willingly
into a " better person " than who she was in her past.

#6 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. It makes sense that she kept the promise Legacy made.
And Legacy sounds better anyway.

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally with you on this one. It was actually Legacy that totally renewed my interest in Rogue. The costume was better, I liked the name better, overall, I liked the character better. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Granted, she's beautiful, because comics don't have unattractive people. 
Toad. Ugly John. Beak. Blob. 
#8 Posted by Unwritten Duck (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always had a hard time liking anything X-men, because I've always felt the characterization was spread far too thin. Still Age of X has been pretty good, but I thought the whole thing was a side story/filler that Marvel did for fun. It has nothing to do with the actual cannon does it?

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Ugly John, Beak and Blob have all been depowered since M-Day. Marvel's cleanse of all unattractive mutants.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@The Dark Huntress: Ugly John, Beak and Blob have all been depowered since M-Day. Marvel's cleanse of all unattractive mutants.
Blob's still unattractive. :P 

@Unwritten Duck said:
I've always had a hard time liking anything X-men, because I've always felt the characterization was spread far too thin. Still Age of X has been pretty good, but I thought the whole thing was a side story/filler that Marvel did for fun. It has nothing to do with the actual cannon does it?
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: True, but he's not a mutant anymore, and thus basically just a nothing character.
#12 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
I'm totally with you on this one. It was actually Legacy that totally renewed my interest in Rogue. The costume was better, I liked the name better, overall, I liked the character better. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Granted, she's beautiful, because comics don't have unattractive people. 
Toad. Ugly John. Beak. Blob. 
but Toad has a 25 foot tongue!
#13 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
Kenji (one of the Five Lights) is hardly attractive.
#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still on chapter 4 of Age of X but I agree. Legacy is a lot more interesting than Rogue.

#15 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED the outfit Legacy wore.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979: One character of 202. And why do people assume everything is to be taken literally?

If I said "the world sucks", which it does, do I necessarily mean your house? No. So when I say that comics don't have unattractive heroes, I mean 95% of the time the heroes are attractive.
#17 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

Huge supporter of the costume and actually liked a lot of aspects of Legacy and hope some of it crosses over and maybe starts sporting a variation of that costume. I mean rogue now has all the memories of everyone that died it that world and the memory of being the reaper and that should really effect rogue's character in the long run.

#18 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Xerox_kitty (i would hit the reply button but mine isnt working, nither is the quote button)

I hope that maybe we will see a little of Legacy in Rogue, maybe we will I mean the book is called Legacy LOL, current Rogue has been so lost lately maybe Legacy's memories and role from Age of X, will give her the UMPH that she needs to step into a role that she deserves and that is of one of the true leaders of the X-Men, I know she has gone back in forth these past couple of years.

I think Rogue is a better leader, Rogue has had to go through so much more in her entire life than say the privelged (sp?) Scott Summers.

#19 Posted by greenlight1107 (78 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Rogue is kool and awesome no matter what she wears.Come on with powers like the  absorption of memories, and powers through skin to skin contact plus flight, you can't touch this girl literally.
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (83401 posts) - - Show Bio

Legacy did look good.
#21 Posted by Rogue87 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I love Rogue
I love her because her superpowers can be really fatal with prolonged contact with her victim. 

#22 Posted by mitchmaso (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a great fan of Rogue... first comment, quest complete, yay!

#23 Posted by x_lover1 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I would LOVE Legacy's costume for Rogue! ANd it would be cool if she had nightcrawler's powers and memories because she said that she had a hard time processing kurt's memories !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.