Is Rogue's Iconic Green and Gold look ever coming back???

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to be a whiny fanboy, but when is Marvel bringing back the Loud Iconic Rogue of the 90s.

I miss the big hair, the tight Bright Yellow and Green, the brown leather jacket and the automatic playful bad girl visual.

Not trying to hate but her new costume is so... pilot looking. Do you think her Iconic look is due back anytime soon?

This is as bad as putting Elektra in a body suit with a sombrero. It's just not the same.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but she does seem to be getting her attitude back if Uncanny Avengers keeps going the way it is, or she could just be moody to early to tell.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12921 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd welcome the personality coming back but we've moved passed the 90's fashion wise and that's a good thing. Also her new look has more of a bad girl vibe then her old one ever did.

#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i miss the sexy 90s Rogue look big hair tight uniform gorgeous body. sexy playfull persona.

#5 Posted by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24 said:

i miss the sexy 90s Rogue look big hair tight uniform gorgeous body. sexy playfull persona.

YES!^ Well said. She was such a Marvel Icon!!

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Meh-- Agree to disagree.

@Blood1991: Since she is apart of an Avengers title, let hope Marvel shows her off as best as they can. IMO, i think her current costume is so, so throwback looking..

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing about Rogue is especially iconic...

#7 Posted by Renegade_X (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE the 90s Rogue look. It's the first time I've ever heard of her. But I wanna see a different look for Rogue.

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (3026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renegade_X said:

I LOVE the 90s Rogue look. It's the first time I've ever heard of her. But I wanna see a different look for Rogue.

I could swing this... Only if it was Green and Yellow and has some spunk.

#9 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

It's 2012. Someone shouldn't be wearing the same costume for over 10 years unless we're talking about someone truly iconic like Superman,Batman,Captain America,etc. As long as she still has the brown hair with the white streak,and she's on the X-Men, people will still be able to pick her out of the crowd. Her original costume was basically and X-Men uniform accept for instead of blue and gold it was green, probably to offset the amount of identical color schemes. Her current costume is fine..what she needs to get back is MS.MARVEL's powers because they are part of why I liked her.

#10 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a fondness for that early 90's look, partly because of the animated series, but it's horribly dated for this decade. It would just look ridiculous. However, I wouldn't mind seeing her don an updated version of that look - an outfit that would pay homage to that classic costume, but still be contemporary.

I do dislike her most recent look, though. It's boring, and it really doesn't reflect who she is as a character right now. I much preferred the one she had before it.

#11 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I have a fondness for that early 90's look, partly because of the animated series, but it's horribly dated for this decade. It would just look ridiculous. However, I wouldn't mind seeing her don an updated version of that look - an outfit that would pay homage to that classic costume, but still be contemporary.

I do dislike her most recent look, though. It's boring, and it really doesn't reflect who she is as a character right now. I much preferred the one she had before it.

I think it can work

Ignoring the anime style I really love this look.

#12 Posted by frozenedge (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the old green and gold look she had but i'd prefer to have the outfit she wore when she had her own team

But instead of long sleeves maybe short sleeves since that seems to be her thing now with her powers under control. Hell just to satisfy you, they could make the colors similar to the Green and Gold look

#13 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Tell that to the fans of the 90's animated cartoon.

#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Dress her up in a pink tutu and a pirate hat, I don't care, but just write her well.

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I'd welcome the personality coming back but we've moved passed the 90's fashion wise and that's a good thing. Also her new look has more of a bad girl vibe then her old one ever did.

I'm with you. I mean, I wouldn't care if the color scheme made a comeback, but I dig the look she has now.

#16 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: i like that look or even if they swap the colors make the yellow parts green and the green parts yellow.

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

Still doesn't change the fact that she sucks. 90's animation Rogue, and Claremont Rogue, is the only Rogue not to suck.

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

its her best look but I don't know if I'd call it iconic

#19 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

Still doesn't change the fact that she sucks. 90's animation Rogue, and Claremont Rogue, is the only Rogue not to suck.

Your opinion.

#20 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

Your opinion.

Well done.

#21 Edited by TheJokerha (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Rogue, and her green and yellow body suit is ingrained on my brain in a great way. The boots and straps really seal the deal for me.

Just, please, don't bring back her " Flashdance" look.

"She's a maniac..maniac..on the floor. and she's dancing like she never danced before."

or, if you prefer

"Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physical. Let's get into physical.."

The 80's have much to answer for.

#22 Posted by Cap10nate (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we are throwing around the term 'Iconic' a too much. It may be a popular outfit for fans of the show but iconic is a stretch. Iconic should be reserved for costumes that most people recognize like Supes Spider-Man Batman and Cap among others. I watched and enjoyed the 90s TV show but her outfit doesn't really stick out and make you think of that character like you do when looking at the shield or cowl or S logo etc.

#23 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I've grown accustomed to the hooded look.

#24 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

...but I do like my Rogue to be a little trailer park-ish.

#25 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the outfit Rogue wore in the bulk of her X-men Legacy run. I don't know why they put her back in her original outfit for Uncanny Avengers. It seems like a step back to me. I love the way Rogue has developed over the years and hope she continues to do so.

#26 Posted by judasnixon (6465 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJokerha: Man you're just crazy. Give me 80's Outback X-Men Rogue any day over 90's Rogue.
By Jeff Spokes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.