Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

is rogue the strongest marvel female now?

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was a HUGE Rogue fan until she lost her Ms. Marvel abilities. Rogue to me was always defined by her inability to control her powers, and her ms marvel abilities.

However recently Rogue permanently absorbed wonder man's abilities.

wonderman, though recently written poorly, upon his introduction was a powerhouse who could go one on one with thor. His ionic strength enabled him to even defeat red hulk.

Rogue now possesses his powers. (I'm glad because she now has invulnerability, strength and flight.)

So in saying that, is Rogue now the strongest marvel female?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Marvel or Red She Hulk

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue absorbing wonder man powers in uncanny avengers

No Caption Provided

after absorbing all the abilities of the heros, scarlet witch releases the abilities from rogue but wonder mans abilities are now Rogues permanent abilities( YES!)

No Caption Provided

Rogue now has all the abilities of wonderman making her more powerful than her former incarnation with ms marvel abilities.

i say this because Red Hulk is way above Carol Danvers in strength and wonder man has defeated him easily.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

wonder man pushing back the thing and caption states he once stopped Thor with one blow

No Caption Provided

when Wonder man was initially introduced, he was intended to be one of the strongest men who could contest the strength of Thor. Writes have made him a push over and punching bag since then and eventually a pacifist before Rogue absorbed His abilities.

But now with Rogue having his ability, i think she may be stronger than ms marvel and red she hulk.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i love Rogue so to me she is the best.

KojinMacJorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aannnddd they took her ability to touch away again. *Sighs* I'm getting sick of this crap.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KojinMacJorn:
    so what? Uncanny Avengers vol 3 by Duggan is great and her powers work a little diferently than in the 90s.
    ok first arc is mediocre but anything later is godly.

FantomexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, even after Wonderman was freed/expelled from Rogue as of Uncanny Avengers issue 22, she still seems to have retained her powers from Wonderman in the latest issue which is 24. I hope they are indeed permanent going forward. Rogue without flight and super strength is just boring in my opinion.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope that she still has or they give her back her absorption abilities. I'm cool with giving her Wondermans abilities but they should explain that his ionic powers essentially rewrote her physiology or it changed her at a molecular level so that her base powers are the same as Wondermans. She should still be able to abosrb others but once that's work off then she reverts back to the super strength etc. And so she's not a Mary Sue make it that when absorbs someone she has their same vulnerabilities, so that's when she's vulnerable and can be seriously injured or even killed , though I suppose having Simon's abilities she wouldn't be dead but I guess she wouldn't regenerate for a while.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:
    There is short explanation in Uncanny Avengers vol2.

> And so she's not a Mary Sue make it that when absorbs someone she has their same vulnerabilities,

Rogue is vulnerable because she can be possessed by strongwilled people. When she absorbed Graviton she became insane(mostly because he was insane).

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelossik: Did they do a good job of giving a sensible explanation? I haven't been reading that book

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xelossik

@hawk2916:

Rogue body is stronger than Wonder Man body. She can use his powers without celluar deconstruction. She is human being (so no eternal life, immunity to diseases etc) with his powers.

She can use her powers and she used them 3 times (kiss with Deadpool(ok she kissed him 3 times), stealing Gravitron powers and stealing energy manifestation which attacked Psylocke)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:
    Maybe but this is consistent with how her powers works. Rogue can use multiple stolen powers from her very first appereance.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HAWK2916

@xelossik: yeah I know I remember how her powers work. I just want her back in the xbooks and back to her original powers not some made up foolishness

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: To my understanding Rogue in Uncanny avengers never lost her Absorption ability. I can understand the confusion given she rarely uses it but then again in every series she is in she barely uses it.

Currently Rogue has all of Wonderman powers though even after he expelled from her body. Rogue is immune to Diseases and doesn't age like Wonderman. However given she is a mutant she is still(Was) affected by the Terragine mist which isn't really a disease.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in a million years.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thordinson: This thread is talking about Physically not overall. Atleast I think/Hope.

Officially she is stronger than Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk which are the only two physical female contenders I believe. Rogue with Wonderman Powers is in the Excess 100 Range, While Ms. Marvel is around class 75 and so is She-hulk. However all 3 have potential to increase their physical power forever. Rogue through Absorption of other powers, Carol through the absorption of Energy and She-Hulk through Anger.

Overall powerful would go to Phoenix Jean or Scarlet Witch.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@xelossik: yeah I know I remember how her powers work. I just want her back in the xbooks and back to her original powers not some made up foolishness

She is in X-men books (Astonishing X-men which is great) and she will be in return od Jean Grey (probably as cameo). She has her original powers or something similar.

@thordinson: This thread is talking about Physically not overall. Atleast I think/Hope.

Officially she is stronger than Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk which are the only two physical female contenders I believe. Rogue with Wonderman Powers is in the Excess 100 Range, While Ms. Marvel is around class 75 and so is She-hulk. However all 3 have potential to increase their physical power forever. Rogue through Absorption of other powers, Carol through the absorption of Energy and She-Hulk through Anger.

Overall powerful would go to Phoenix Jean or Scarlet Witch.

I agree with Physical powers but I would add that Carol is better fighter(more skilled).

I don't agree with Phoenix Jean and Scarlet Witch. Phoenix is additional power from different being. Anyone can be possessed by Phoenix. Scarlet Witch doesn't have many good feats. After House of M was retconned(she was possessed by Life Force)...

I would say that without additional powers at the start of the fight Rogue and Carol are strongest.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red she hulk

Carol

Rougue

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelossik:

Official Stats are:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rogues is Weird considering Wonderman Stats.

No Caption Provided

In Physical Strength:

Rogue~She-Hulk(Excess 100 ton Range)

Carol Danvers(25 Ton Range)

In Fighting Skill:

Rogue~She-Hulk(Master of several forms of Combat)

Carol Danvers(Experienced Fighter)

Durability:

Rogue~She-Hulk(Virtually indestructibly)

Carol Danvers(Regenerative)

Speed:

Carol(Supersonic)

She-Hulk(Speed of Sound)

Rogue(Normal)

Energy Projection:

Carol Danvers(Long Range/Single Energy Type)

Rogue(Mid range/Single Energy Type)

She-Hulk(None)

Don't know how long ago these were updated. Personally don't agree with all of them. Ms. Marvel should atleast be in the 75 ton range. Rogue speed should be atleast Around speed of sound like Wondermans same with Energy projection should be atleast a 6 considering Wondermans at 7 or Wonderman needs to be knocked down.

I do agree with Fighting Skill and Durability. Carol is an experienced fighter due to her time in the army however Unlike She-hulk or Rogue she hasn't trained in multiple forms of combat. Rogue has trained with Gambit, Wolverine, Mystique, Cyclops, and Captain America.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmiccelest:
    > Don't know how long ago these were updated.

Rogue story was updates 12 years ago... I don't think that this is very important right now.

I prefer stats from
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_(Anna_Marie)_(Earth-616)

here they used stats for Rogue from Women of Marvel: Celebrating Seven Decades Handbook#1

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_Williams_(Earth-616)
    stats from:
    Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 13

but still Marvel didn't released new handbook for last few years. 10 years for Rogue.

> Rogue speed should be atleast Around speed of sound like Wondermans

but 700 kmps is official speed for Rogue with Ms Marvel powers

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

physically??? yes.

raw power??? no

WhiteknightR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but she is a force to be reckoned with

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.