Her Power level

#1 Posted by MeganWayne (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so since she can now control if she absorbs someone's powers wouldn't that mean that she now has full control of her powers and has the potential to do anything with them which would make her an Omega Level Mutant. What do you guys think about this , or do you think she should stay as an Alpha-Level-Mutant?

#2 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

She is still an Alpha level but her powers are still growing. Gambit could be one but he does not use his full power.

#3 Edited by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .

if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ... 

and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .

Rogue is about to become omega

#4 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think so?
#5 Posted by Erik (29837 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"   with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "
I am almost completely certain that one cannot grow into an omega. You have to have genetic predisposition. It is congenital just like being a mutant is. For example, Bobby Drake has always been an omega mutant.
#6 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes but remember that :  her power was always immature state is now beginning to grow,  and even before this achievement defeat most powerful people   like Thor and Geniss vell   > =  mutants omega level.  ((  Geniss Vell is a  cosmic character )) 
 For this if I think I might be omega .

#7 Posted by Erik (29837 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"  Yes but remember that :  her power was always immature state is now beginning to grow,  and even before this achievement defeat most powerful people   like Thor and Geniss vell   > =  mutants omega level.  ((  Geniss Vell is a  cosmic character ))   For this if I think I might be omega . "
That does not matter. If she was an omega, she would have been said to be one. 
#8 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Bobby at the beginning it was said that was not of that level, the same can happen with Rogue and more taking into account their potential, equal time will tell. I think at least if it is,   she just starting to develop its power and is so powerful.

#9 Posted by Erik (29837 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"  Bobby at the beginning it was said that was not of that level, the same can happen with Rogue and more taking into account their potential, equal time will tell. I think at least if it is,   she just starting to develop its power and is so powerful. "
No. He has always been an omega ever since they started to use the term. He has not always SHOWN that he was because he was afraid of his potential. Do not muddle your opinion with facts. Rogue will never be an omega. She does not have any of the credentials that would earn her that title. 
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Though she has control of her powers I think she uses them at her level opposed to the level of the person she copied them from. Sure she's got control of her powers now but she won't out magnetize Magneto or out cold Iceman.

#11 Posted by Dane (10475 posts) - - Show Bio

her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say?

#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"  with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "

While mutants have been seen to change in classification, a tactile-contact power like Rogue's isn't an Omega-Level power.  She doesn't have the ability to change matter on an atomic level.  Elixir can re-arrange the human body on a cellular level, and will in time be able to do it on an atomic level.  Iceman can re-arrange the particles in his body to become ice and revert back again (it wasn't easy for him to learn how, but he always had the potential to do it when he grew strong enough).  Rogue's touch can't re-arrange on a molecular level... she can only borrow the powers of Omega levels, and hope to demonstrate the same level of control that they have.
#13 Edited by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @gambit18 said:

"  with what has proved Rogue  in the last days  I am sure this close .  if in the past  she won them the most powerful  only with a touch of skin,  now with that control ...     and just beginning its evolution   what he did in ucanny 517 ,   new mutants 6  and now on 230 legacy,  she is close .   Rogue is about to become omega "
While mutants have been seen to change in classification, a tactile-contact power like Rogue's isn't an Omega-Level power.  She doesn't have the ability to change matter on an atomic level.  Elixir can re-arrange the human body on a cellular level, and will in time be able to do it on an atomic level.  Iceman can re-arrange the particles in his body to become ice and revert back again (it wasn't easy for him to learn how, but he always had the potential to do it when he grew strong enough).  Rogue's touch can't re-arrange on a molecular level... she can only borrow the powers of Omega levels, and hope to demonstrate the same level of control that they have. "
FTW

Although maybe Fraction will get tired of Emma and starting calling Rogue an Omega LOL
#14 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@MeganWayne said:

"Okay so since she can now control if she absorbs someone's powers wouldn't that mean that she now has full control of her powers and has the potential to do anything with them which would make her an Omega Level Mutant. What do you guys think about this , or do you think she should stay as an Alpha-Level-Mutant? "

Whoa, Omega-level isn't an indicator of threat potential, but mastery of full potential?                          %Pr
#15 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

id say Alpha with the ability to obtain temporary Omega status.
one of the qualifiers for Omega is ability/potential for immortality,
which Rogue doesnt posses.

personally i prefer she doesnt evolve to "uber" stats. i like reading about
Rogue because in battle, she doesnt get a win just because she uses her
power and or others, she has to be tactful about what she does in order to
gain ground. this forces writers to give us better stories and action sequences to read.
i dont find as much fun in reading characters who can solve problems by waving their hand,
and always had a tick with characters who cant die/feel pain/ect becuase i cant really care
what happens to them.

#16 Posted by connormc (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is an omega level mutant and her strength, speed and Siphon abilities are still raising 
#17 Edited by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not be an omega rogue? if the level was always unlimited, and until recently we learned that his power was immature,just now started to increase. 

Rogue copy powers at 100% capacity and a long contact gives them permanently, if we go to what he did in xtreme x men.

She wins  someone is more powerful than a mutant omega (  Geniss Vell. ), and Bendis wanted her to stay with those powers Permanently.

Rogue will be omega is a fact, if not now with the years but the potential it has.

#18 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18:Good point, it doesn't really matter what Rogue is NOW once she's touched someone very powerful for long enough she can easily PASS for an Omega-level mutant if nothing else.
#19 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@info nation: But only an Omega Level mutant can contain there powers without losing control or something else. Like The Red Queen need Jean greys body because Jean is an Omega and Maddie needed because 'Jean Grey is the only one who could house my power' So is that not the same for other Omegas? Rogue touched Ares, but it still wore off. And could rogue handle being haunted by say a male omegas memories? 

Rogue has potential to be a powerful Alpha but not an Omega, shes like on the line of not being able to reach it. 

And if she becomes an omega then so would mutants say like 'Dazzler, Psylocke, etc'
#20 Edited by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

When was she even labeled as alpha? 

Rogue no doubt in my mind is a very dangerous threat(if she uses her powers under the right circumstances)Still majority of the time when she absorbs them they are there to stay only tempoairly...so just because she absorbs IceMan's powers for a peroid doesn't neccasairly make her Omega potential because it will fade soon.  
But if  i had to guess shecould pr a possible Alpha,i haven't really been following up on her character lately...so yeah  iwas wondering when she was offically crowned a Alpha.

#21 Edited by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is omega, is potentially unlimited.

You just have to see xtreme x men, or better yet further increases their power in X Men Legacy 234.

Rogue is omega.

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

If Rogue was an omega level mutant, they would have atleast hinted at such a possibility now that she has mastered her powers, like they recently did with Storm. My opinion is that Rogue is a powerful Alpha.

#23 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

With its current level, Rogue is obviously omega, I think

but more has to do with his power continues to increase.

Storm is only alpha, is not unlimited as Rogue.

X-Men Legacy 234 OMG.

#24 Edited by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Some things about Rogue's powers need to be clarified, like how many powers can she copy at a time, at what level she can copy them and other stuff. Then we can say if Rogue is an omega or not.
#25 Edited by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
 Copy in 100%, even a touch.

And now does much more than that, this being very versatile.

The question is she has had more success with its powers of absorption, that most of the mutants.

Rogue has always been a high level, would be nothing strange that it is classified omega.
#26 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"  With its current level, Rogue is obviously omega, I thinkbut more has to do with his power continues to increase.Storm is only alpha, is not unlimited as Rogue.  X-Men Legacy 234 OMG. "
False she is not Omega. Rogue is like Alpha or somehting

Storm..IDK she is possibly,it was never stated her being Alpha,just a possible Omega.
#27 Posted by kanasaurs (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say? "
IT'S OVER 9000!
#28 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue is probably under 9000.

#29 Posted by Dane (10475 posts) - - Show Bio
@kanasaurs said:
" @Dane said:
" her power level? Vegeta what does the scouter say? "
IT'S OVER 9000! "
it took 7 months for someone to reply to that. Thank you, sir.
#30 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically if  her powers evolved into Hope's level aka peter patrelli then she will be omega, which is possible one day she won't need to make skin to skin contact and now that she can control her powers she might realize how to use them to their full potential 

I say she has the possibility to be an omega, it really just depends if the writers decide she should progress to one because mutant powers progress and evolve and hers would probably progress to mimicry or actually copying and permanently storing power templates like I believe she has done in the past(read it on the wiki, haven't read much x-men over the years) or how she did on x-men evolution(best episode)  

#31 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnSabahNurX: True! All true!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.