Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

current powers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

did she lose ms marvel's powers already?

does she have a better control over her powers now?

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

i think she just has her touch powers but iam not sure sinse i do not read x-men that much anymore even though i love Rogue to death.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pyrogram

@darthphoenix: I think she now has mastered her touch powers at will.

yin666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yin666

She hasn't had Ms. Marvel's powers for years... it's almost been a decade I believe. She can control her powers in a variety of ways now, but I guess most importantly they are not always on anymore. As in she can touch people without anything happening. She gained this control in X-men Legacy #224 I think, which was a few years ago. I hope that answers your questions.

xtremexfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xtremexfan

I wonder if she's lost her ability to control her powers now that Charles is dead. I mean, he was the one who shut it off psychically, but does the psychic shunt stick or did it wear off once he died?

yin666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yin666

Actually, Charles didn't "shut it off." It's been awhile since I read the issue, but if I remember correctly the way he put it, she was never able to truly mature her powers because they were trapped in the nascent stage due to the initial trauma she suffered from her first use of it. He was able to clear the psychic residue holding her back, so she was able to develop her powers into the stable and controllable stage it is currently in. Something like that.

In any case, she has shown that she can still control her powers in Uncanny Avengers after Charles' death.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Specifically, in Uncanny Avengers #5, she kisses Havoc without absorbing him and she is even able to absorb Wonder Man without harming him, which she couldn't do before, demonstrating that she has even more control over her powers.

END SPOILERS

So... yeah she can still control her powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.