Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6611 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Carey's Rogue...?

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Elixir95

I don't have the source, but I remember reading somewhere that before he actually began his run on Adjectiveless/Legacy, Mike Carey stated that he wanted to return Rogue to her former glorious self of the 90s. 

Do you think he's been successful?  I don't think he's fulfilled his original objective.  Don't get me wrong, I love his portrayal of the character and think he's really made it his own, but don't think he achieved what he set out to...

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By A-Strondinaire

I kind of think he did, although she's not the scrapper these days she still is the fiesty little southern belle we remember and I say he's done a great job he even dropped that emotional attitude she had in books after X-Treme

CiaranStatham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CiaranStatham

I'd say she's better now than she was in the 90's. Claremont and other writers basically pinned her down with the 'tough and sexy but unable to touch' rubbish we had for years on end. Carey's finally moved beyond this and made her way more interesting than she's ever been, to me. She stands, as Carey has said, as the idea that Xavier's dream works to some degree. Hard work and perserverance has paid off for her, and it's interesting to see her finally move on and even become a teacher. This is somewhere she's never been before, not even during the long, bland period where Claremont had her powerless and lame and living in that mutant town during X-Treme.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.